Health Discovery Network
cgull

Wendy's Chili

I went back to a meeting yesterday to learn about the new Points Plus Program. It'll take a while to get used to. I'm a Lifer and up 7 pounds so it's perfect timing to go back. Wendy's Chili used to be 4 points but now I'm totally confused. Does anyone know the point value now? Next week I'll pick up the Fast Food Companion. Calculators are still on order but our leader gave us the site of the Points Plus calculator.

Sometimes you're the dog,<br />Sometimes you're the hydrant.

From the Complete Food Companion:

Chili, 1 small serving 4

Chili, 1 large serving 7

You can also use the ni on the Wendy's website and the free online calculator to figure the points.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I was just going to type in the website for the calculator but you beat me to it Luanne. Thanks for the chili points.

Sometimes you're the dog,<br />Sometimes you're the hydrant.

PointsPlus for Wendy's and several others have been updated on DWLZ.com

Why use dwlz, which was often wrong with the old program, when Wendy's provides the ni themselves? The restaurant site will always be the most up to date and accurate. I've seen cases with dwlz where her information was nowhere close to what was on the restaurant site. It's probably okay right now, if she just updated, but it doesn't always stay updated.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thank you for the calculator, waiting to get one also

Back on Weight Watcher's 8/13/12~~Made 1st Goal of 5% loss (-11.5 lbs.=219.9 lbs.) 10/05/12 ~~Made 2nd Goal: 10% loss. (23.1 lbs. at 208.3 lbs.) 11/21/13 (208 lbs.)~~Made 3rd Goal Onederland! (199.5 lbs. 02/02/14)

HW 231.4 lbs. BMI 34.22 Obese

CW 196.2 lbs. BMI 28.97 Overweight 03/04/14 Down 35.2 lbs.

GW 150.0 lbs.

Height: 5'9" Healthy Weight: 125-169 lbs.

Weigh-in Day:

Friday

:bcb_madta "Doing what it takes!" :bcbkickbu

Why use dwlz, which was often wrong with the old program, when Wendy's provides the ni themselves? The restaurant site will always be the most up to date and accurate. I've seen cases with dwlz where her information was nowhere close to what was on the restaurant site. It's probably okay right now, if she just updated, but it doesn't always stay updated.

Actually, I have already found several problems with the new DWLZ values. For starters, she is using half points which do not exist on Points Plus. That alone makes me question the validity of any of her information. DWLZ was a wonderful site when restaraunt nutritional information was much harder to obtain, but now it is so widely available that I simply avoid chain restaurants that don't provide it.

Shelly

SW: 199.0

CW: 172.2

GW: 150

Guest LeeBeeJeebies

This does not answer the original poster's question at all, but when I was a teenager, my friend worked at Wendy's and he told me that the meat in the chili was scrapings from the grill. Little bits of hamburger meat that falls off while grilling gets dropped into the chili pot. I love Wendy's chili, and I have no problem with hamburger bits being thrown into the pot. But I just thought I'd share that little factoid with you all. Lol

Interesting!