Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShrinkingKaren

This Week's Meeting: Kitchen Makeover

Guest ShrinkingKaren

Hi Everyone!

I am a new WW Leader and have just been asked to sub my second WW class. I'll be running a meeting this Saturday. The topic for the week is Kitchen Makeover: making your kitchen the best it can be to support your goals.

I'm asking for your help on this one. What did your leaders do with this topic this week that inspired and motivated you? What do you think are your biggest at-home challenges? Since joining the WW program, what have you done to change your kitchen/work/car to keep you on program?

Thanks for letting me pick your brains!

Hey Karen...just in from my weigh in.

My leader took a sheet of poster board and cut it to look like a fridge on the outside.....folded it and listed what she had in her freeze and fridge. She also had us to talk to the person next 2 us and see what they had in theirs.

SW- 235 Jan. 2, 2008

CW- 177.8

GW- 150

“There are two ways to live your life.

One is as though nothing is a miracle.

The other is as though

everything is a miracle."

Guest ShrinkingKaren

Thanks Tiger!

Gee, that's crafty! I plan to talk about what's in the fridge and pantry but not so sure I've got time for the fancy visual.

I am also planning to show my fridge sign that has a cartoon pig on it saying: stop, the answer is not in here.

My kitchen trick is to keep those things that you can't be without, but that might be triggers for you, in opaque containers on a bottom shelf of the pantry. For example, for me this might be chocolate chips that I want on hand for baking. Out of sight, out of mind.

One of the best pieces of advice I ever heard from a leader, was to keep that top, eye-level shelf on your fridge with your favourite colorful, ready to eat fruits and veggies, healthy foods, and water. Then when you have that "what's in the fridge" moment the stuff you see first is healthy and appealing.

Oh, and here is a cool website with pictures of the insides of people's fridges: http://www.good.is/post/picture-show-you-are-what-you-eat/

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs