Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest magicalkat03

Freezable Recipes

Guest magicalkat03

Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to WW (only two weigh ins so far) but have done it before years ago. I'm very much trying to stick with it this time but am running into one really big hurdle.

I work long hours Monday through Friday and typically don't get home until 6:30. By that time I'm exhausted and hungry with a husband and two kids to feed. My teenage daughter helps cook occasionally but it's usually really difficult to get her to do anything. I'd rather not fight that battle since we argue about other things already (teenagers!). My husband has a flexible schedule so is sometimes off during the week but he is pretty helpless in the kitchen.

So... I'm looking for freezable WW friendly recipes that I can cook ahead of time and just pull out of the freezer and have ready in less than 20 minutes. I used to do casseroles and things but most of the recipes I have are not WW friendly though I'm working on making them a little better.

Any ideas? I'm searching through past posts on this and other websites but hoped some of you might know of specific places I could look. Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

I get my recipes from the sparkpeople recipes website. I freeze most things unless it is something I know will be soggy when reheating. I pull them straight from the freezer and microwave and reheat. So far I have done low point chili, beef and barely soup, low point mac and cheese, potato soup, taco soup, chicken and rice (teriyaki and cola chicken versions).