Health Discovery Network
moemac

~ BCB Exercise Thread - March ~

Took the day off from running yesterday and just went to my body toning/strength training class.

Today, ran 5K on my treadmill. Felt pretty good :)

Moe :salut

I had a really great run on the weekend, went in to town with friends and ran a 10K race route that included 5 or 6 big hills. I live in a pretty flat area, so the hills were a challenge and felt great ( I will add that it only felt great *after* we were done..lol) I had a good weekend...OP-wise and exercise-wise so I am feeling good today. A good way to start the week.

last night went to my strength training class...and today will probably be a rest day. I heard we might get some snow tonight! Not a lot, 2-5cm I think.

Hows everyone else making out with the exercise?

Moe :salut

I was able to do 25 minutes of Firm Classic Volume 1 with 1 1/2 pound weights this morning. I was breathing hard and sweating a lot, so I know my body is still trying to heal from the cooties that invaded my body. After resting for almost two weeks, it felt good to move again but I can tell that I need to listen to my body instead of trying to push it too far and too fast--finding that balance of challenging it without overdoing it.

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

Oh boy, time to get back to exercise. I went to a strength and conditioning class with a friend last Thursday. The class was great, lot of personal attention but he really pushed us hard. My friend said he was actually going easy on us because there were 4 new people but my abs, hamstrings and glutes would disagree! Now, 4 days later and I'm still not pain free. I rested on Saturday, walked in nature on Sunday, and then walked a bit on my TM this morning.... I haven't been sedentary but certainly not as active as I had been.

My plan for today is to run on my treadmill for 30 minutes before I head out for the evening. Dinner and a movie planned with a friend.

Monique

SW: 198

CW: 145

WW Goal: 148

PG: 140