Health Discovery Network
snowangel

Question

This is posed mainly towards runners ..do you use a fan while running on the treadmill at the gym?

also is there any research backing up the fact that using a fan while running is unhealthy for you ?

thanks

Success is...being who you are,and feeling proud of yourself for every task and challenge that you face and conquer along the way."W.Clement Stone"

You're not the only one to ask this question! I did a google search and went here (http://www.sportscomet.com/Running/199171.htm). Issues brought up included germs being circulated that could be bad for you but otherwise, all seemed to agree it's fine.

I like to run outside but I also have a TM. I have a fan directly in front of me that I turn on when I get too hot. It allows me to run longer inside than I normally would so I think it's a great thing.

Monique

SW: 198

CW: 145

WW Goal: 148

PG: 140

I use a fan when I can, but only on the elliptical. On the treadmills we have an overhead fan that circulates and it only really hits two of the treadmills due to the height/angle. I will admit though that the last few nights I have not used it (it's been into the 50s/40s here as opposed to 70s last two weeks).

I actually search out the treadmills with the fans overhead at my gym. It just makes it more comfortable for me and I can enjoy the workout alot more.

Katrina

weight.png