Health Discovery Network
Super Bowl XLI

Non-Exercise Rut

Sorry to hear that Super Bowl, you were doing so great with your C25K. I wish I could help, but I'm in one too. I was going to start back on C25K last night, but the weather is cold and I used that as an excuse. BTW, I am the queen of excuses! I previously got to week 7, and then started having problems with my broken tailbone, which I don't know if it was the exercise or not. But I am going to do it again, just want it to be warmer.

Good luck to both of us in getting out of this rut!

Thanks Karla. Good luck to you too.

I know, for me, it's a combination of hay fever, work stress, and family obligations. I just need to get myself to the point where I know these are just excuses and I exercise anyway. Lots of people have more to deal with and still get it done. No reason why I can't too. Just need to break through that barrier of feeling sorry for myself and being lazy.

In Feb. I got in a non-exercise rut for like two weeks. It wasn't until my bestie came to my house, pulled out the covers, and said "Let's GO!" Since then I have been to the gym for 5-7 days a week. She really helped me get out of my rut. It didn't matter if I only have 20 mins or an hour to spare at the gym... I just go. I have lots of responsbilities like work, school, family, but now I tell everyone to leave me alone while I take some "me" time everyday. It was hard at first, but it got better.

So here it is... stop being lazy and get to it! Get 'er Done !

SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150

Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

Superbowl - sometimes it takes just one workout to get back in the groove. You just have to drag yourself kicking and screaming and then it clicks back into gear. Sometimes adding some new music can be motivating or maybe a new pair of shorts, whatever. If you still cant do it, set a timer for 15 minutes and "just do it" for that amount of time. It will come back.

With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

weight.png

Thanks all.

I did suck it up tonight and ran a 5K. Did it in 28 minutes. Not my best time. But, it was nice to know I could still do it. Hopefully, I can build off that now.

Good for you!

With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

weight.png

I actually got out at lunch today and did about a 40 minute walk, which included a big hill. So I felt pretty good about that. I do plan on starting C25K on Monday if the weather permits. I've already downloaded Robert Ullery's podcast to my iPhone, and I am ready to get started again.

Steve~Just wondering, do you just need to balance things a little bit. I wouldn't ever want to discourage exercise, but I know you've been hard at it, maybe one less day of exercise? Or if you are not exercising in the morning, would that help?

I haven't ran since I did my HM Feb 27th.:bcb_blush I was taking an intentional 4 week break from running. Now I am on week 5.:bcb_kick: I WILL run this week. I am having a hard time feeling like I have the energy after work to run. I've been working 50+ hour weeks and frequently put 17,000-20,000+ steps on my pedometer. I was doing that AND getting my half marathon training in. I guess I need to just push myself.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I actually got out at lunch today and did about a 40 minute walk, which included a big hill. So I felt pretty good about that. I do plan on starting C25K on Monday if the weather permits. I've already downloaded Robert Ullery's podcast to my iPhone, and I am ready to get started again.

Nice Karla - and good luck with C25K!

Steve~Just wondering, do you just need to balance things a little bit. I wouldn't ever want to discourage exercise, but I know you've been hard at it, maybe one less day of exercise? Or if you are not exercising in the morning, would that help?

I haven't ran since I did my HM Feb 27th.:bcb_blush I was taking an intentional 4 week break from running. Now I am on week 5.:bcb_kick: I WILL run this week. I am having a hard time feeling like I have the energy after work to run. I've been working 50+ hour weeks and frequently put 17,000-20,000+ steps on my pedometer. I was doing that AND getting my half marathon training in. I guess I need to just push myself.

Trudie - yes, without question, I need to find balance!

This has been an issue for me, forever. It's always been one extreme or the other when it comes to exercise. Either I'm training like I'm getting ready to fight the heavy-weight champ or I'm doing nothing and beating myself up over it. And, the former always leads to the latter because I get burnt out, I suppose.

I should be happy with 4 days a week - and that's something that could be managed. It's crazy to work out 5 or 6 days a week, every week - and life your life.

Good luck getting back into the swing of it. Once you make that push towards getting that first run back in, I bet it will all click into place for you.

My problem hasn't been a non-exercise rut; it's been the non-eating good food rut! :bcb_grinThere is hope, however. I think I've turned the corner.

Liz

The Dressage Queen

Bella%2Band%2BI%2BIntro%2BA.jpg

Liz -Could have been a reason for your rut. Write it off. Not worth worrying about it. Focus on today and making good choices now. You will make it.

Super Bowl, it sounds like you are on your way out of that rut......glad to hear that. A 28 Minute 5K is a great time! I am like Liz....I am not in the exercise rut....for me it is usually an eating-rut. I always seem to put the exercise in...but i like to snack at night. That is my downfall and keeps me from getting to where I want to be.

Moe :salut

Super Bowl,

Next time u are at the gym load up 72 lbs in dumbbells (your current wt loss) and walk around the gym for 15 or 20 minutes. Think how you felt back when you were packing all that poundage and the goodness you have blessed yourself with by loosing the wt and eating in a healthy lifestyle.

My employer requires fire fighters to pass a "pack" test which is walking 3 miles with a 45 lb pack in less than 45 minutes. I talked them out of one of the older 45 lb wt vests and everyonce in a while don that vest and either do the test (which I can now pass) or just clomp around with that extra wt. Gives me a hallulajah moment - a gusher of gratitude!!!

I HAVE to exercise to keep my wt off.

Life is good.

MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life.... :bcb_march

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)