Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
LegalEagle

Magic pudding Dessert

Guest melrhea

WOW!!! I made this dessert last night and it is sooooooooooo wonderful!!!! My DH raved about it WOW again!!!! For a quick dessert (to add some oomph to the pudding), I think I will try making just the FF SF choc pudding with FF cool whip mixed in...it tastes just like mousse!!! Delightful!

Shannin... go to "faq" and all the abbreviations are spelled out. ;) I made this dessert w/ butterscotch pudding and had to fight the boys for a piece the second night! It's a winner for sure! :D

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Thanks for the recipe!

I tried it and it was SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD.

I made the choc pudding with skim milk, has anybody made it with skim milk? What would be the difference in points? As opposed to 1%?

Cheers, Carlee

Carleerun for the Presidential Challenge <br />Go BootCamp Buddies Go!!!

Oh, this is a yummy dessert...fixed it yesterday and everyone loved it. I did use the skim milk and it was good. I made a mistake and bought the pudding that you had to cook, but it turned out good anyway. Thanks for this wonderful recipe.

Gayle

Guest melrhea

Like I wrote before, I LOVED this dessert! BUT UNFORTUNATELY I had an extreme adverse reation to the aspartame in the pudding sobbing.gif I got a very severe headache and felt queasy...a reaction I have noticed whenever I partake of aspartame, but it was never as extreme as I had this time...so I guess no more magic pudding for me ugh.gif

If anyone has any ideas for alternate recipes WITHOUT ASPARTAME please please please let me know!

TIA!

Melissa

Guest Organic Gal

This recipe is fantastic,I think it is better though, the longer it sits, probably overnight is best. Even my skeptical 19 year old loved this one, it is a keeper. :cool:

OK now, I haven't made this since I posted it sometime ago. I actually forgot about it, but now you have all peaked my interest again. I am going to try it like someone said, mixing some of the cool whip into the chocolate pudding.

Hugs from N.E. &

Bon Appetit!

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Sounds like tonite's dessert to me.... ;)

Thanks

OMOHOD

Annette

just4kixx (age 40;5'6")<br />Start date 4/21/02<br />HW:195<br />SW:192<br /><b>CW:168 OP#s Lost:24<br />1st 10% 6/27/02!</b><br />PGW:145 (revised 4/23/02)

Guest miller205

Melrhea,

I, not liking aspartame, used Royal Dark and Sweet Chocolate instant pudding in this recipe. But beware, it adds many points. This is how I had it figured up as I did it in an 8x8 glass dish:

1 package Royal dark n' sweet instant chocolate pudding: 8 points

2 cups skim milk: 4 points

1/2 tub Cool Whip Extra Creamy: 12.5 points

20 fat free saltines: 4 points

grand total for whole dessert: 28.5 points

makes four large servings at 7 points each or eight small at 3.5 each

Hope this helps!!

Okay... made it yesterday. Added alittle DaVinci's Peanut Butter syrup to bottom layer, with about half the cool whip. It was really tasty! Even nit-picky DD liked it :D

Thanks again!

OMOHOD

Annette

just4kixx (age 40;5'6")<br />Start date 4/21/02<br />HW:195<br />SW:192<br /><b>CW:168 OP#s Lost:24<br />1st 10% 6/27/02!</b><br />PGW:145 (revised 4/23/02)

I wonder how this recipe would taste using fat free pretzels instead of saltines. I absolutely love chocolate covered pretzels, but try to avoid them most of the time. Anyone tried this? The combination of the sweet chocolate and the salty pretzels sounds yummy!

Kylie<br /><br />SW/205 - 4/07/01<br />GW/160 - 7/18/01<br />PG/145 - 11/25/01<br />CW/143<br />5'8"/med to lrg frame

Guest raidermom

I read all of the posts here, and considered all of the hints and variations given. I served this as dessert at a BBQ I hosted yesterday. Normally I don't like to experiment on guests...but this had so many positive reviews, I thought I couldn't miss. I was right! This WAS delicious! I say 'was' because it's gone! :D Everyone loved it! What I did was use a LARGE box of sf/ff chocolate pudding....folded in half of the FF Coolwhip and put the rest on top. It was great! I'm going to have to be careful with this one.......it's definitely a yellow light food which quickly could become a red light food. :D

Guest sunflowergirl

Made this tonight--can I say yum?!?!?! I used banana cremem pudding. Then I decreased the milk to 1 1/2 cups (because we ran out!) and instead used 1 point of banana slices to garnish--was really nice touch! Could also garnish with strawberries too...

Guest Kristieann

Bump, Bump, Bump... this recipe ROCKS! It is SO easy! It tastes wonderful and the servings are a good size. Thanks so much for sharing, yum!!! tongue.gif

Hello, wave.gif I'm glad everyone is enjoying this so much.

I haven't made it in ages, but you have all inspired me to make it this week.

Thanks, guys... kiss.gif

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

I do a variation which makes it the easiest dessert in the world. Instead of saltines, I use unsalted matzo (2 points per board} and layer with FF/SF pudding straight from the cups. (Cool Whip is a trigger food for me, so I have to avoid it!) 3 matzo boards and 3 cups of pudding bring the grand total to 12 points. It is especially yummy if you use chocolate pudding for the 1st and 3rd layers and white chocolate for the middle layer. It is also enhanced by adding raspberries or sliced strawberries, which moisten the matzo, add tons of flavour and make it look like an elegant French patisserie creation when cut into mille-feuille-like bars.

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Guest barnesy

Shannin,

Click on the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)at the top of the page and you will see a listing of all the abbreviations. DH and DS means "Dear or darling husband or son, OP means "On Program." smile.gif

Guest barnesy

Oops...didn't pay attention to the date of Shannin's post! Also didn't realize there was page 2 of the post! Duh! :eek: I also can't wait to try this dessert, even though it was posted a long time ago.

bump

Aya: born Jan. 30, 2001

Danya: born Jun. 10, 2004

Starting Date: Oct. 15, 2007

SW:185.5lbs

GW:125 lbs

weight.png

This sounds incredible! Will have to try it soon!!!!

HT- 5'6<br />HW- 154.4<br />CW 150<br />GW 125

bump this is too good to be on teh second page.

Aya: born Jan. 30, 2001

Danya: born Jun. 10, 2004

Starting Date: Oct. 15, 2007

SW:185.5lbs

GW:125 lbs

weight.png

Guest law4rach

SHANNIN,

Check out the Faqs option at the top of the site. Go into Abbreviations and that will tell you what each individual one is. thumbup.gif

DH - Dear Husband

DS - Dear Son

OP - On Program or On Point (some people say on point)

Good Luck! bcbsalute.gif

Don't feel bad, I had to have someone explain this to me also after I started this site. ;)