Health Discovery Network
Blackbeard

Non-food reward

It's been three and a half years since I started my WW journey, and I'm pretty much where I want to be. I've been between 175 and 180 for about 16 months now, and I feel great. When started out, they suggested giving yourself non-food rewards for achieving weight loss goals. This didn't really work for me on little things, because being single, I pretty much do whatever I want (except pig out on junk food). So, the reward would have to be something big -- something I wouldn't normally do for myself, as a reward for a big achievement.

This month I finally decided it was time:

Wait for it....

Vette007.jpg

The fat me would look ridiculous in this, and would have a hard time climbing up out of it. The skinny me thinks it's awesome.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Now THAT IS A REWARD - well deserved for all your hard work.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

CONGRATS, Blackbeard! What a great looking Vette. How far you've come. A big reward sounds like just the ticket. ENJOY!!!!

J O A N

One of the happiest moments is when u find the courage to let go of what u cannot change

Funny thing is, while I was at the dealer buying it, I was sitting there for hours. Salesman came by and said he knows I must be hungry, having been there through my lunch break, and sat a tray of giant blueberry muffins in front of me. Twenty minutes later he came back and they were still sitting there in front of me. "Don't like muffins?" he asks. I explained that my car is a reward to myself for losing weight, and he moves them out of sight.

Non-scale victory -- check!

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Totally Awesome reward and NSV! :bcb_bravo

Dandy

SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130

It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

weight.png

She's an absolute BEAUTY! Glad you were able to treat yourself to it... and congratulations on a victorious weight-loss journey. I peeked at your slideshow... totally awesome!

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Awesome BB!! You SO deserve it! You have been working long and hard and have most definitely earned this reward! I think it's awesome too that you are able to avoid such temptations put right in front of your face (the muffins)! I have to say, your reward looks MUCH more tempting than any plate of food I've ever seen!LOL Congrats to you~fighting the battle and winning. 3 years is awesome!

Guest jill-leigh

Very nice!!! Congrats!!

(Good to see another old familiar face on the boards!! A few, actually...)

OH HECK YES!

Now that is a skinny man's car if I ever saw one! KUDOS!!

I love it!

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

Go big or go home! That's the way to do it!!!

1/5/2013 starting weight 267.8

4/6/2014 current weight 265.6

CiaBria:bcb_march

Now THAT is a great idea for a non-food REWARD!!! Congratulations! And good job on avoiding the muffins as well!

Lee :salut

BW = 181

CW = 181GW1 = 160