Health Discovery Network
Super Bowl XLI

What Inspires You To Exercise?

Is it something visual? A photo? A scene from a movie? The mirror? Is it another sense? Listening to music? What kind? Is it some anchor? Or, a memory? Something else?

Let's share what gets us going - and maybe we can use each other's motivators when we need one.

Good question. What inspires me is the feeling of strength, the "good tired" feeling afterward, the stress relief and the progress I can feel my body making the more I do it. If I find myself not wanting to exercise, that's my first clue that I need to change it up. I change it up a LOT! I have found that I am not a do-the-same-thing-every-week kind of exerciser and when I get into that mode I can feel my desire and motivation just fly right out the window. So, variety also inspires me!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

The adrenaline rush after I finish a run or a really good strength training workout.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

Hmmm..that is a good question. Mainly, I run...and several years ago I would never have thought I'd ever say that I love running. But, i do. I love the feeling that I've done something hard, the feeling in my legs that I've pushed myself and it really "wasn't that bad".

I do listen to music while I am running, without it....I'd be lost!! lol Also, my husband is a runner and triathlete, so that helped me get off my couch and get started, he was very motivating and supportive. I have also made some new friends through running.... just today I signed up for a half-marathon at the end of May. Yikes.

Moe :salut

Being able to kiss my knees and get up off the floor without grunting and groaning. Feeling a "bagginess" in my clothes as the wt dropped off. Enjoying the compliments from people about my wt loss and their encouragement. Feeling good about the comments from my doctor during my annual physical and going over my all "normal" blood test results - dumping the anti-depressants and statin drugs. Running 3 miles without stopping.

MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life.... :bcb_march

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)

Not much motivates me to exercise but I've learned that if I just get up and do it instead of thinking about doing it beforehand makes me more likely to do it. I listen to music while I exercise and that helps me finish what I set out to do, even if it is only 10 minutes on the recumbent bike, which is all I can do without hurting myself due to my weight.

weight.png

In talking to someone about exercise once, he asked me "How is your savings account at the bank?"

I laughed and told him that we've been on one income since 2002 (mine) and we have six mouths to feed in my family - me, my wife, two kids and two dogs. Therefore, savings is not something that we can brag about...

He then asked me if I had money in my 401K at work. And, I told him, yes, I do...

At that point, he said "See? That money comes off the top. Before you get your pay. It's "saved" before anything else that happens. That's why you need to exercise in the morning. Take it off the top, before anything gets in the way..."

He's right, of course. But, I am no way a morning person. So, this doesn't work for me. Wish it did...

I know this is an old thread..but I was thinking about this very thing over the last few days.

I love how I feel when I exercise regularly. I feel strong, in control, I love the lift in my emotions, the tightening of my body, whether it be thighs..arms...stomach...I have a lot of "non-tight" but I love to feel the strength inside me.

Sad to say, that lately I have fondly reminesed (sp) about those feelings rather than "feeling" them.

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg