Health Discovery Network
Guest joanofarc0907

Marinade

Guest joanofarc0907

So I came across a problem I haven't had before. I'm using a marinade to make steak's for tonight's dinner and I'm not sure how to count it. The nutrition info is here: http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=fjrd&rid=694066 but I don't know how many points to count because I'm not actually using the marinade other than soaking the meat in it. How can I figure out how many points to add for marinade when the majority of it I will be pouring out....

What I do with marinade is, unless there is a lot of oil, sugar, or something else that might add points to it, I don't count it.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Guest joanofarc0907

Yeah this one is Speidie's sauce and it does have quite a bit of oil. I tried measuring it before and after but the difference in volume is negligible....

Guest LeeBeeJeebies

This is a tricky question..

Any my reply does not answer the question at all (haha, sorry), but I love to use fat free Italian dressing to marinate meat. It's so delicious...MINIMAL points...and it works for so many different things!