Health Discovery Network
Ruatha24

Points for a baked Potato?

I had a small, plain baked potato this afternoon at Father's Day lunch, and when I went to WW online to enter it in, it said it was 7 points for a large, so I halved that to 4. I found this by looking up Baked Potato in their "add food" list.

Later, I was looking through some of the power up articles written by WW and it very clearly said that a small baked potato was 2 pts.

Now I'm confused. Why would it give me different points values based on whether I looked it up in their foods list to add to my points tracker, or in an article written by them? I'm not sure what to count it as now.

The best way to know the points for a baked potato is to weigh it. However, if you are out and don't have a scale, that is kind of hard to do. The reason you're getting different points is probably because of the size. The 1/2 potato may not be weighing what half of the large potato did. Does that make sense?

I've heard that a large potato is the size of a light bulb.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02