Health Discovery Network

Sorry I didn't keep up the Accountability Thread for the week; I started it because I was a sputtering engine (putt-putt-putt-stop). :p

But I never quit looking for my answer...something that would get me back on track, 24/7/365. :salut

First let me tell you something Sodacracker learned that was an inspiration to me: She wrote, "They talk about the word decide and how the "cide" part means to kill off. When you decide to lose weight you are cutting off the choices that keep you from your goal."

I looked up the word "decide" and she was right. I like that word: decide.

Anyway...I found a book that helped me (Lose Weight Now by Allen Carr) and I've been able to sustain 5-days of being OP! :bcbkickbu:bcb_bigsm

So don't stop looking for your answers. :bcb_smile You will find them. :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Great post Carol - thanks!

With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

weight.png

Carol - 5 years being OP? That is such an amazing accomplishment. I really liked this post - thanks for sharing your wisdom!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

Carol- I went and looked on Amazon for the Carr book. The review there led me to another book about curing alcoholism and other addictions with vitamins. Is this similar to the Carr book? Thank you for the post.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

Carol...I just wanted to say "HI CAROLLL!":wave:

I've been AWOL for quite a while now! But I have been OP (now vegan....love your website!) for about four months. I've lost 25+ pounds in that time and am only about ten pounds from goal!

I think I've seen you on the MacDougall website haven't I? I frequent that one quite a bit for recipes and interesting success stories.

I do remember the good ol' days when each thread here had a zillion responses!!

(sigh) Things do change though. :o)

Take Care!

Joy

Reduced my cholesterol by 55 points in four weeks!

Don't quit because something is going to 'take time', the time is going to pass regardless, use it wisely!!

Actually 5 days...but now it's been 8 days!

I've maintained my WW goal weight, though for the past 2 years, though. I'm pretty happy with that! And for a lot of time I've been 10-pounds below goal! :bcb_bigsm:salut

I don't know about vitamins...but I know he's most famous for curing smoking (first), then alcoholism. I think all his books are similar. Maybe you can read a sample on Amazon?... :bcb_smile

JOYOUS! :bcb_grin

Good to see you again!

What a surprise. I conducted a one-month plant-based experiment here in '09 and DH and I did well with it. Started with McDougall, but it took Dr. Fuhrman's Eat To Live to get DH off insulin. (All within WW parameters)

Kimberley, Sodacracker, WWDonna and I and several others did a Veggie Forum here for quite awhile, but then much of our info got lost...:bcb_cry:

Things do change.

(I go to McDougall for added inspiration sometimes, but haven't been there in awhile. When I do, I'll see if I can see you. :bcb_smile )

Best of luck on reaching your goals. Sounds like you are doing very well ~ :salut

XOX, Carol