Health Discovery Network
jefrado22

Daily Inspiration/Motivation - Please?!?!?

Yesterday, Country Lady posted the following on our daily thread.

"People often say that movativaton doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily." Zig Ziglar

I collect quotes, and really liked that one, so wrote it down with my collection. While doing so, I ran into the following which really inspired me a few years ago:

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself ANY direction you choose.

You’re on your own. And you know what you know.

And YOU are the one --- who’ll decide where to go.” (Dr. Seuss)

I also saw Sticky's post/request for one liners - and copied down a bunch of them, too.

But then I began to think that we probably could ALL benefit from a daily dose - and from sharing our favorites. So in honor of those 2 folks, I started this thread. I hope you'll add to it! (Please?!)

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

If we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.

-- Tony Robbins

Dandy

SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130

It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

weight.png

Oh, Dandy - fancy ticker at the bottom of your post!

Your quote is very "consistent" with my self notes - I have a sticky up to remind me to check...

"ARE YOUR ACTIONS IN LINE WITH YOUR STATED GOALS AND INTENTIONS?"

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

I was just reading a book where the author made an analogy that was especially meaningful for me. He was talking about driving a car from California to New York.

Most of us would not be overwhelmed by that - we would think it was possible. He reminded me that in order to achieve a goal, you must believe it is possible. He then said it is possible to achieve any goal with small steps - the car analogy was driving a car IN THE DARK (blind to anything but the 100-200 feet illuminated by the car's headlights) - and yet FULLY BELIEVING that the road will be visible where you need to see it and when you need to see it. So you don't worry or fret about failure, merely about keeping your eyes on the road. You are confident that you will get there, it will just take time.

I haven't paraphrased this as well as I could, but you get the idea.

Believe you will succeed and you will. Believe (or fear) you will fail, and you will.

Your thoughts and attitude will bring the results you focus on. So just focus on the 100 feet ahead of you and practice feeling CONFIDENT that you will succeed as you make your journey.

I’d wish you good luck, but it's not luck that will get you there. You will.

Susan