Health Discovery Network
sj1982

What is the MINIMUM points you should eat per day?

I'm a returning member, new to points plus. My husband is joining me on this journey. Today is our first day and my question is more for him than me-- what is the absolute MINIMUM of points someone should eat in a day? His daily target is 54, and here we are, halfway through the day, and he is focused on eating as few points as possible-- he's only had 4 points today! I am telling him he needs to eat more but we are wondering what is the absolute minimum that is OK to eat in one day? I know the minimum daily points target is 29, but is it ever ok to eat less than 29?

(ME) SW: 158.2; CW: 158.2; Goal: 140

(DH) SW: 248.4; CW: 248.4; Goal: 220

The minimum you should be eating is your daily points plus target. So your dh should be using all 54 of his points every day. The minimum number of points is 29. No one should ever eat under that, especially someone with a target of 54.

Your dh is thinking "diet". He's thinking if he eats less, he'll lose "faster". Maybe, for awhile. But it will backfire on him. Most likely he's not concentrating on the Good Health Guidelines and he's not getting in his daily requirments. Eventually he'll get hungry, frustrated, and blame it on the program.

WWers has calculated the amount of food we need to eat in order to keep our bodies fueled to lose the weight.

Some tips I have for folks who are having trouble meeting their points:

- plan ahead

- concentrate on the Good Health Guidelines and make sure you are getting in all of your requirements every day

- don't eat "diety" foods

- don't fill up on the 0 point fruits and vegetables and forget about the other Good Health Guidelines

- if you're using nonfat foods, substitute fuller fat versions

- include healthy fats like avocado, nuts and peanut butter

Please have your dh read all of the program materials thoroughly.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

well put, Luanne!! It does sound like someone I know who "tried to lose faster!"

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt

Guest Saoirse

Regardless of what WW reps say -- my target is 29 points, and if I eat 29 points a day I gain, even following the good health guidelines and eating power foods, and not padding with the "free" stuff. A more experienced member suggested that I try 26 as a target, but I gain at that level too, so I think there's more individual tweaking necessary than the WW materials indicate.

Regardless of what WW reps say -- my target is 29 points, and if I eat 29 points a day I gain, even following the good health guidelines and eating power foods, and not padding with the "free" stuff. A more experienced member suggested that I try 26 as a target, but I gain at that level too, so I think there's more individual tweaking necessary than the WW materials indicate.

But again, there is a big difference in having a target of 29 and needing to tweak it some, than someone who has a target of 54 and deciding to eat only 4 points a day in order to lose faster.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02