Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
squash007

General etools question Recipe builder

Hello everyone,

I usually precook my ground meat with onions and some oil. I then use this filling when I am ready to cook other casseroles. I was thinking of adding this meat filling as a recipe and then add it as an ingredient when building my recipe, but etools only allows ingredients or food items to be added and not other recipes. I would like to get your suggestions on how I can add this filling as part of my recipe. Thanks.

I'll post this to the 20's board on the actual WW page and get back to you. but here's what i just figured out

You can make a recipe that gives you the points of the meat mixture. OR just figure out the NI for it yourself (you'll need to TOTAL fat, fiber, protien and carbs)

Then, start a NEW recipe and type in "meat mixture" as a search for food. At the bottom of the search, there's a tab that says "not finding what you want? create new food" click that. It lets you put the NI in for the new food as well as preperation and cooking notes. Then it allows you to add it as a new ingredient to the recipe

I'll let you know what the girls on the WW boards think!

weight.png

Thanks Shellybean920. What you proposed is exactly what I need, I will wait for your post to see what the ww board says. Thanks for your help.