Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Dee-termined

Key Lime Pie (from Today's Special)

I lined my 9 x 9 pan with syran wrap. Used

Think I'll try one cherry vanilla yogurt, and one plain vanilla yogurt next time...

Thanks for the great ideas!

Annette

just4kixx (age 40;5'6")<br />Start date 4/21/02<br />HW:195<br />SW:192<br /><b>CW:168 OP#s Lost:24<br />1st 10% 6/27/02!</b><br />PGW:145 (revised 4/23/02)

Great recipe !! I am going to have to try it!! Dee good to see someone from the same city !!! Marg

Guest mimi8428

Thanks buddies for bumping this up. I lost my Today's Special and was craving this pie! I was pretty sure I could come close but I wanted to be sure!!

I've used lemon, orange, strawberry and cherry. All were really good. I don't like it with the graham cracker crust though so like some of you, I just do without!

I made the keylime pie for company this weekend and they all wanted the recipe. It is very very good. I also made a chocolate pie but the keylime was the favorite.

Thanks for the recipe. smile.gif

Guest sunnyinslc

I made the strawberry version and added fresh pureed strawberries. Yummy! I also had more than enough filling for the crust, so I froze the extra and have low-point and delicious "frozen yogurt" at the ready.

Thanks for this recipe!

Sue

Guest mom2holly

I want to make the key lime pie from Today's Special, but when I went to grocery store, they only had the regular graham cracker crest, not the reduced fat. Do you have any idea what the point difference would be? It was 3 pts, would you guess 5 pts a serving? That is pretty high, I am not sure I want to use the crust!

Nutrition info for my LF crust was as follows:

Serving size 1/8 of crust

calories-90

fat-3.5

fiber-0

points per serving 2 for crust, which means the cool whip jello mix was 1 point per serving.

SO whatever your crust is per serving, plus the 1 point for jello/cool whip mix.

If I were you I would point out the tub of FF cool whip:

I came up with 25 servings per container, so total container is 375 calories. That makes 8 points total.

The FF jello is 0 points, sooooooo per serving, it would be 1 pt for the cool whip, 0 points for the jello, and 2 points for the crust=3 points

I hope I didn't confuse you more! smile.gif

I am so excited to try this pie in Strawberry Thanks for the idea! smile.gif