Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
shihtzumom

Cocoa Fudge Cookies (2 points)

From the new Cooking Light magazine

"You can mix these incredibly easy, fudgy cookies right in the saucepan. When freshly baked, these thin cookies have crisp edges and chewy centers. You can make them with either Dutch process or natural unsweetened cocoa powder; we opted for the latter."

1 c all purpose flour

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/8 tsp salt

5 TBSPS butter

7 TBSPS unsweetened cocoa

2/3 c granulated sugar

1/3 c packed brown sugar

1/3 c plain low-fat yogurt

1 tsp vanilla extract

Cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup, level with knife. Combine flour, soda and salt. Set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa powder and sugars (mixture will resemble coarse sand). Add yogurt and vanilla, stirring to combine. Add flour mixture; stirring until moist. Drop by level tablespoons 2" apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.

3. Bake at 350 8-10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pans 2-3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans and cool on wire racks.

2 dozen cookies

Per cookie: 78 calories 2.7g fat 0.5g fiber = 2 points

Shari<br />OP since 5/15/01<br />67 lbs. lost on WW; 107 lost total

Guest shannon35

Yumm...These sound great! I can't wait to try them!! tongue.gif Thanks for posting the recipe!

Shannon

Just an FYI for those who are interested in using splenda to reduce the pts of this receipe further:

This is what I can up with:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cocoa Fudge Cookies (1 points)

Serving Size : 24

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 cup all-purpose flour, white whole wheat, King

Arthur

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/8 tsp salt

5 tablespoons butter

7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa

2/3 cup splenda, granular

1/3 cup packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon honey

1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt

1 tsp vanilla extract

Cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup, level with knife. Combine flour, soda and salt. Set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in cocoa powder, splenda and brown sugar (mixture will resemble coarse sand). Add honey, yogurt and vanilla, stirring to combine. Add flour mixture; stirring until moist. Drop by level tablespoons 2" apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.

3. Bake at 350 8-10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pans 2-3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans and cool on wire racks.

Description:

""You can mix these incredibly easy, fudgy cookies right in the

saucepan. When freshly baked, these thin cookies have crisp edges and

chewy centers. You can make them with either Dutch process or natural

unsweetened cocoa powder; we opted for the latter.""

Source:

"new Cooking Light magazine"

Yield:

"2 dozen"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 61 Calories; 3g Fat (38.7% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 53mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

The Splenda website suggests reducing the liquid by 1/2 tbsp but I don't know if that should come out of the butter or the yogurt. For more info on cooking with splenda go to www.splenda.com.

And let me know how these come out. I probably won't make them for a while because cookies are such a bad trigger for me. :( But I have had good success using Splenda up to this point in cookies and muffins. To me its wortha try to be about to have 2 cookies for the price/points of 1.

Tanya <br />"Be the change you want to see happen, instead of trying to change everyone else. Receive all persons as beautiful exactly where they are. Provide people with opportunities to give. Perceive problems as opportunities. Have no expectations, but rather abundant expectancy. Create your own reality consciously, rather than living as though you had no control over your life."-String of Pearls <br />OP since 7/17/01<br />LIFETIME 11/20/01<br />161/138.8/142

Hey I was just going to the kitchen to make a batch of these!!! Sounds like a great recipe~ The new cooking light has some great ones I think I'm going to try this month!! bcbsalute.gif

Picturetrail

Member login: Barb2003

"The battle's inside of me, the fights begun but not yet won and I won't become, one more casualty"

Marty Casey

"In your eyes I am complete"

Peter Gabriel

Hi wave.gif

Has anyone tried these yet with Tanya's change to Splenda? I have had great luck [so far] just substituting with no change to liquids...wondered if that would work with this cookie.

Also wonder if using "whipped butter" would work? Would be great to halve the points for the butter :D

I definitely would love to have 2 cookies for the "proce points" of one! crazy.gif

Namaste, reiki gal

"The man who cracks up is drowning in the water in which the mystic swims." Mark T. Sullivan

I made these the same day the magazine came in the mail!!

They are very good... They taste like a very chocolaty fudgy brownie...

I have been using whole wheat pastry flour in my baking instead of all purpose white & that's what I did in these, too

Jonie