Health Discovery Network
moemac

Did you exercise today?

I did!!

I just got back from an interval workout. Love getting that done. I woke up this morning not feeling "quite" right. Not sick, but my stomach just felt a bit off, but not terrible. I took yesterday off from exericse, so I really wanted to get out there today. I went anyway.

Had a great run, did a total of 8K, and I was done in 45 minutes. Very good for me! Back just in time for lunch! hehe

You can check out my run with my splits etc etc if you want on my runkeeper site.

http://runkeeper.com/user/memobe/activity/59631704

Moe :salut

Went for an 8K run this afternoon, just before supper. The first 4K were against the wind, not a lot of wind, but I find at this time of year any wind seems like a lot where its colder. So....first half was a bit slow. Coming back I felt so good, had the wind at my back and felt like I was sailing. My overall pace for the whole run was 9:39 min/mile. I usually run in the morning but on Sundays it always seems to be a before supper deal.

Not today. I ran my annual 15K race on Sunday, this is 28 years now, so I needed to lay low on Monday. I'll get back to it tomorrow, promise.

Jack Berkery, Latham, NY, Sexagenarian Extraordinaire

visit my artwork web site at www.MohawkView.com

Good for you Jack! wow, 28 years that you have run that race, incredible! its good to see you here on the boards again :)

I did run yesterday, didn't really how how I'd feel after running intervals on Saturday and kind of a quick paced run on Sunday. But I went out and got 10K in. Ended up with a 9:52min/mile pace. So I was quite happy.

Today it is rather crappy outside, but thats ok, its my day to take a day off running. I will go to my strength/body-toning class tonight.

I did exercise today! Went to my Tuesday/Thursday interval class and really pushed myself. I had a lot of energy this morning so it felt good to work really hard. If I'm there, I may as well work at it, right?

Moe - You are a fast runner! That is quite the pace so good for you!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

Yes I did!

I jogged during my lunch break. Slow, but fun!

HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW

250/192/194/157

I think I live in the windiest place in the world. Today winds gusting to 60km/h. Yesterday gusting to 50km/h. Doesn't really make for good running weather! Yesterday I ran 8K....got a drop off and ran 8K to home with the wind at my back. Makes for a nice run! What to do today. Should I just get on the TM and forget running outside. Run against 60km/h winds....that would definitely make for a good workout. lol But, tis cold out there. Perhaps another drop off.

On days like that I always start off running into the wind, then the return trip feels much better and I end with a positive impression of the day's workout.

yes, that is usually how to try to work it too, always better to have a tail wind on the finish. But....I ended up doing the one-way today and got a nice push today. hehe 8K and it was great. so spoiled I am! ;)

YES! Did a 50 minute hike on a nature trail!

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

I went out to run 6 miles this morning but I've been doing 9-10 miles every weekend for several weeks and 6 felt a bit too easy, so I stretched it out to 6.5. Last Sunday was my biggest race of the year, a 15Km, so now I have no real reason to continue the extra long runs except that once you get into that groove, you want to stay there. I'll do 5 or 6 more tomorrow morning. Thursday I'll be doing a Turkey Trot, 3.5 miles in Cohoes, NY. I've gotten 2nd or 3rd place in the 60+ age group there for 4 years in a row. Problem is, every year now there are more and more baby-boomers reaching 60 and I'm slowing down.

On another note, I ran a 5K race last month and something was messed up with the results, so nobody got any awards. Some who regularly win trophies grumbled but I was happy with a banana, lemonade and a couple cookies. Yesterday, I got a 2nd place age group medal in the mail. Nice, but it would have felt better in the presence of my peers.

My latest creation

I did yesterday and it felt great. Work is super busy today, so I will have to walk when I get home. I will plan on doing some weights also.

Colleen

163/142/130

SW/CW/GW

:jump_jack

:work_out: