Health Discovery Network
CW

How do you get rid of Left-Overs?

I always try to send people home with as much as possible. One of our neighbours made us dinner last night (to help out after DH's accident). I packaged up some of the food and returned it to her in ziploc containers saying "It didn't look like you'd saved any of the dinner for yourself so I brought you some back. You've at least got lunch covered if you've already eaten". And I gave her some of the chocolates that my daughter had to buy as a fundraiser for her grade 8 class trip this spring. Two birds. One stone.

Kimberley

Freeze 'em. They will come in handy in a month or so some night when I don't have time to cook because I need to get my workout in.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

I like the old WW saying: Better in the waste than on the waist.

If it's really something that you feel you cannot control having in the house, then, trash it.

Yes, like anyone, I consider it terrible to waste food - because it cost money to buy food, and, because there are so many people hungry in the world.

But, WW is about you finally taking care of yourself. And, if that means being selfish and throwing out leftovers to prevent you from overeating, then, you gotta do what you gotta do.

reuse it in other ways. For example, the multiple pounds of turkey leftovers we had are being made into: Soup, turkey club sandwiches, turkey salad and maybe into a stirfry later this week. The potatoes are being used as part of my perogi stuffing.

Desserts? I put them all in a big ziplock bag, and they are already getting all gross so i'll throw them out soon

weight.png