Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Shana1

Chewey Oatmeal Spice Heart to Heart Cookies-2 pts.

1/2 c. peanut butter

1/2 c. lite cream cheese, softened

1 1/2 c. natural sugar (or reg.)

1 t. vanilla

Cream together above ingred.

Add and mix only until blended:

3 lge. egg whites or equiv. egg sub.

2 c. crushed Heart to Heart Kashi cereal

1 c. oatmeal

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour

1 t. baking soda

1 t. baking powder

1 t. cinnamon

1/2 t. allspice or nutmeg

1 c. dried cranberries, cherries, raisins, etc.

1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Chill dough 1 hr. or overnight. Dough will be firm. Scoop with large spoon or sm. scoop. Drop onto well sprayed sheet. Flatten with fork or bottom of glass.

Dough should make 32 cookies

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until slightly brown on edges. DO NOT OVERBAKE. They are best slightly underbaked. They will dry out. Remove immediately to racks to cool.

Dough will keep 1 wk. in refrigerator or longer in the freezer.

Cal. 110, Tot. fat 3 gr.,fiber 2 gr., 0 chol. Makes 32 cookies, 2 pts. each

Selma/Shana1

Highest weight, 350# 1992

Started WW, 7/6/01

303.6/218.4/under 215

100#s gone, 5/15/06

"If you need a friend, I'm sailing right behind. Like a bridge over troubled waters, I will ease your mind." Courtesy of Paul Simon

I asked Cybergranny to check this recipe. She found 2 changes--136 cal. and 3 gr. fiber. Point count in upper 2 pt. range. She suggests substituting f.f. cream cheese and Splenda for part of the sugar. You can read her reply in the Mess Hall. I would call these 2 1/2 pts. each as written. Enjoy.

Selma/Shana1

Started WW, 7/6/01

303.6/218.4/under 215

100#s gone, 5/15/06

"If you need a friend, I'm sailing right behind. Like a bridge over troubled waters, I will ease your mind." Courtesy of Paul Simon

Hi Selma, I finally got around to posting about these cookies. I found them delicious. I searched and searched for days for the Heart to Heart cereal and never could find it so I just bought a box of Kashi Go Lean and used that. It worked just fine. To lower the points, I omitted the nuts and added reduced fat chocolate chips (I have a shelf full of them in the freezer since they don't make them anymore, I stocked up). I used 3/4 cup. I also omitted the sugar and replaced it with Splenda and a tablespoon of molasses. I used FF cream cheese and reduced fat peanut butter because that is what I had on hand.

I also used a stainless steel scoup and it made exactly 36 cookies.

Wonderful recipe and it is definitely a keeper!

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Barbara,

Thanks for the input. I made a second batch using f.f. cream cheese, 1 c. lt. brown sugar. The batter was much drier and harder to handle, but they tasted great. I did notice that they were less crisp, probably due to the total lack of fat. I used 1/2 c. reg. choc. chips and got 30 cookies. I use an ice cream scoop, but do not fill it compleely, so my size isn't uniform. I will try to use a measuring cup next time for better control. They sure are good for 2 pts.

Selma/Shana1

Started WW, 7/6/01

303.6/218.4/under 215

100#s gone, 5/15/06