Health Discovery Network
chrissy9622

Meetings or Online??

Okkkkk, so I can't decide if I want to do meetings or online. Online has more pros for me - it's cheaper and I don't need to worry about a babysitter and getting to a meeting. But, I did some googling and found some great pics of the new materials and I WANT THEM! lol I'm such a nerd, and they look so awesome that I want to have them to read through. I know the online program will give you the same information, but does anyone know how it compares to the actual material you get at a meeting?

Maybe I can buy a monthly pass, get the material and the etools and then switch to online and skip the meetings?

Advice please!! :bcb_smile

<<<ChRiSSY>>>

SW = 216.0 Jan 1

CW = 216.0 Jan 1

WWGW = 145

------------------------------------------

Mini Goal #1 - 5% (205)

Mini Goal #2 - under 200!!

Mini Goal #3 - 10% (194)

You don't have to see the whole staircase... Just take the first step - Martin Luther King Jr

Online works for some people. But, I don't think it would have worked for me. I went to meetings. And, I would still go, if I had the time. (I do weigh in each week, at a WW center, during flex hours - but, can't make a meeting.)

That said, I had an AWESOME leader from 2006 through 2010. But, WW got rid of that meeting slot and I lost her. I tried another meeting/leader in 2011 and it did not click, at all.

So, it may depend on getting the right leader and a good meeting group.

I signed up online, and I bought a points plus calculator, dining out guide & food companion off of ebay.They really help when you're out and have no way of avoiding situations involving food. Plus if you have an iphone you get the apps :) and they are helpful. Really it just depends on how you learn and your self discipline, if you need that extra push to stay on track I say go to the meeting.

-Sam:bcb_march

HW/Restart/CW/GW

240/228/228/130

Chrissy and others. I lost my first 82 lbs on line here alone in front of my computer. I was home all the time and spent the entire day reading reading reading on the WW site but mostly here. The support I got here from my (now) friends was the best and better than most meetings.

However it began to look like I might make goal then lifetime so my friends here encouraged me to go to meetings. I walked into my first meeting and told the leader I had been online for 7 months She sort of nicely laughed and asked me how much I lost in that 7 months and I had to pick her off of the floor when I told her 82 lbs!

Most people don't stick out on line WW and quit or go to meetings. I now work for WW and see a lot of folks coming after converting their online to monthly passes.

But you can do this if you stick around here. Join in on tons of threads and ask tons of questions. Read Read Read. Buy or borrow books and read read read. This is what did it for me. Plus the IMMEDIATE results I got when I tracked and stayed on program.

I lost all of my weight (133 lbs) on CORE or now it's called Simply Filling. It was a lifesaver for me and I still eat CORE today.

Ask away. Keep at it. You'll be fine as long as you find a good support system and you have it here!

I'm a meetings person and always have been. Back when I first started, that is all there was.

Some advantages for attending meetings:

- accountability to weigh in with someone else

- face to face interaction with leader and other members

- can achieve Lifetime

- at Lifetime FREE meetings and now FREE eTools

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thanks for the advice guys! It's funny because right after I posted this there was an email sent out at work about a Weight Watchers at Work 20-week program starting up in a few weeks..... soo, I'm going to sign up for that. Fingers crossed that enough people will sign up so it's not cancelled. It's a bit more than I would pay with a monthly pass BUT it's on my lunch hour and I won't have any excuses for not going - and we get the free etools.

<<<ChRiSSY>>>

SW = 216.0 Jan 1

CW = 216.0 Jan 1

WWGW = 145

Mini Goal #1 - 5% (205)

Mini Goal #3 - 10% (194)

You don't have to see the whole staircase... Just take the first step - Martin Luther King Jr

Chrissy, some (maybe all) At Works are starting to offer the Monthly Pass. If they are you should get information about that. You won't sign up for Monthly Pass on the regular WWer website, there is a separate portal. And for right now Monthly Pass is cheaper for At Work members than for regular meeting members.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thanks Luanne - I will have to ask. This is the information they sent out about the payment:

Cost: 20 week series & free online support (eTools) at a cost of $279.80 plus HST. Due as 3 easy payments of $105.39 (tax in) dated week 1, 5 and 9.

I'd definately rather do the monthly pass, but if it means having to go to a meeting after work on on weekends the savings probably won't be worth it for me.

<<<ChRiSSY>>>

SW = 216.0 Jan 1

CW = 216.0 Jan 1

WWGW = 145

Mini Goal #1 - 5% (205)

Mini Goal #3 - 10% (194)

Chrissy, it may be that your location isn't offering the Monthly Pass for At Work meetings. I think it just started recently and may be in test mode. But At Work is a great program. That's how I started WWers back in 1991. It made it so convenient.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02