Health Discovery Network
KrisD

My love affair with avocados--thank you Hanna!

Thanks to Hanna, I've re-embraced the avocado (Reading her blogs....stalking her meals). It's my new go-to breakfast food--half an avocado (5 PP) smushed onto a toasted whole wheat English muffin (3 PP or a filling food). That's it. Fast and filling and delicious and satisfying.

The week that I did this every single day, I lost 4 lbs. Then I ran out of avocados and muffins, and was bad about getting in a good breakfast. The weight loss stalled.

Oh happy day! Avocados were on special at the market--I have avocados again!

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

I'll have to skip over to Hanna's blog. I've been avoiding avocados like the plague since starting WW, yet before WW I loved them. Thanks for the breakfast idea, Kris.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Ha, Linda, there must be tons of foods we've all avoided in the name of the plan!

When I first started WW on the exchange plan (in 1989 ish??) I stopped eating green peas, because they were a starch. Good lord, but I missed peas! (I actually did very well on that version of the plan.)

For a treat, I have been putting avocado on some of my turkey or veggie burgers. It's yummy. And, it's a healthy fat that slows digestion making you feel full longer.

ooooh I love an avocado burger! Such a good idea!

We have been lucky in my area, a bunch of people grow their own avacados and sell them on the side of the road. The first one of the year popped up the other day and I was quick to pounce :)

Women can't live with them... Pass the BeerNuts<P>Homer Jay Simpson

I consider avocado the candy of the weight watcher. I have at least 1/4 almost every day and lose fine.

She was warned.

She was given an explanation.

Nevertheless, She persisted.

I know they can make a veggie burger taste better (that and hot sauce)

lost 18.0 since December, its my journey

I just read in First for women magazine that women who eat 1/2 avocado a day lost 10 lbs in 2 months without counting calories. Of course we still count the points...but it sure couldn't hurt. :)

I love avocados, too, and was surprised at their high point count. I see that I can still enjoy them, just in moderation. Thanks for the tips. :bcb_bravo