Health Discovery Network
Peg541

CORE Bread

I like calling it core.

The only breads that work for core are loaded with milk and soy therefore cutting any out for me when I am needing to save points.

I am making my own whole wheat bread and since I know the ingredients are all good healthy ingredients I am calling one slice of my bread CORE.

So there!

I think that's a slippery slope... I can make good whole wheat bread, but it's not Core by a long shot. I was really amazed when I tallied the points. FWIW, you'll be safer just counting it (and enjoying it).

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

When I compare the ingredients in my bread to the processed stuff they are calling SiFi. I can keep it to one dry slice a day and be very happy. It's good practice for me having it in the house.

"The proof is in the pudding," they say (I have no idea where that saying came from). Peggy, you have lost OVER 100 POUNDS, and you did that eating your one slice of "core bread" every day. There's no arguing results like that!

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Yeah, I can't stomach the stuff they call a Power Food! Not worth it.

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

i agree!, all the fat free foods on the Core/SFT are loaded with chemicals in order for them to take out the fat, I use to do core/SFT and now will only count points for real food even tho they will be a few more points than the non fat

I haven't posted here for a while but I did loose a lot of weight on core in the past. Like WWCarol, I'm eating a high nutrient diet now, really a gluten free vegan diet.

I would say to stay from the foods with all the additives and chemicals. I think core works best when you stay with plain, whole foods.

I am 3 lbs from my WWgoal. Not too bad after all this time.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

I like calling it core.

The only breads that work for core are loaded with milk and soy therefore cutting any out for me when I am needing to save points.

I am making my own whole wheat bread and since I know the ingredients are all good healthy ingredients I am calling one slice of my bread CORE.

So there!

Hi where's the recipe, I don't see it! :)