Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Super Bowl XLI

Beating The BLTs

One of the things that I struggle with, now, after years of being at lifetime, is the BLTs. (Bites, Licks & Tastes)

When at home, when I pass through the kitchen, I do find myself grabbing three or four almonds, or a small piece of granola, or something like that - as a spot treat. And, I rarely track these.

I suppose it's better than grabbing a handful of oreos or something junky like that.

And, I know I should be asking myself "Why am I doing this? Am I really hungry?"

But, I do it anyway.

Anyone else struggle with the BLTs or have a way to beat the urge?

I have to work very hard at not "tasting" when I'm cooking--a small taste to adjust for seasoning is fine, but anything beyond that is snacking......

I don't usually grab a nosh on nuts or such as I pass through the kitchen, since they are usually "out of sight, out of mind". Right right now I've got grapes out on the counter. I grab a few of those on a cruise through. I haven't bought grapes in eons, but they just seem to hit the spot this week for some reason.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

Sure I do too. I work hard at not snacking so my biggest problem is portion sizes. We all struggle in our own ways don't we? If I had almonds I'd EAT! Almonds.

She was warned.

She was given an explanation.

Nevertheless, She persisted.

I know it's crazy. If I were not in the kitchen, I would not do it. And, if we didn't have it, I would not eat it. Also, I know I should think or drink a glass of water, instead.

It's situations like this that remind me that I have made huge strides, but, I'm also just one small step away from being a fat guy again.

I feel like that every day except I say fat gal! LOL

She was warned.

She was given an explanation.

Nevertheless, She persisted.