Health Discovery Network
LillieG

Memorial Day is Making Me Nervous!

I should just enjoy it, as we are traveling to be with friends. I just get nervous because there will be lots of alcohol around, and that can be a real "trigger" for me, causing me to eat too much. I've got a cooler full of fresh fruit and veg, and diet soda to help get me through the tough time. I swear, I could sometimes turn into a WW recluse, just so I could avoid temptation, but that is no way to live!

Enjoy your friends!

I went to the family homestead to see friends yesterday (one is in chemo, so it was emotionally very tough), and I just focused on hanging out and talking. When the wine came, I just said "no" (since it's a trigger for me too). Hey, someone should be able to drive, right?

Count everything as best you can, if you are going to imbibe, try alternating an alcohol drink with water or such. And HAVE FUN!

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

Really well! I didn't have any alcohol, because it just makes me want to overeat right now. We went to a great restaurant, reknown for its 2 inch pork chops, and my husband and I split a portion! I weighed in today rather than my usual Monday meeting and I lost 2.8. There are so many "dangerous" days coming up in the next month, but this has really inspired me to stick to the program.