Health Discovery Network
Super Bowl XLI

Weight Watcher Anniversaries

June 21st marks the 6-year anniversary of when I joined Weight Watchers. (I made lifetime in January 2007 and have been there since.)

I always note - even if it's just to myself - the anniversaries of when I joined WW and made lifetime. And, it's not just on the year marks. I did it at 5.5 years, 4.5 years, etc.

Do you do this as well? If you did, and no longer do, when did you stop noting them and why?

The date that I mainly keep track of is the anniversary of the date of when I joined WW for the last time, but I guess I keep track on my WWGW date too. I have it in my iPhone and have an alert set for it. I reached a couple of goals, my original WW goal weight and my PGW. I was a chubby lifetimer when I rejoined, so I don't keep track of when I made lifetime. I just know I was a lifetimer very long ago.

Having recently reached my 5 year anniversary, I mentioned to one person at work that it was my 5th anniversary of following WW. I got a simple, oh. Made it clear to me that it really isn't important to anyone but me. I told my DH it was my anniversary and he couldn't believe that it has already been 5 years, and honestly, I can't either.

I do miss some of the attention that I got while losing. It did help with the motivation. I just remind myself that I am doing this for me and that I don't need the positive reinforcement to keep me going. Losing the weight also brought a fair amount of negativity though. You know, you're too thin, hearing folks speaking negatively about my weight loss, (of course these were chubby people making these comments) people analyzing what I packed in my lunches, etc.

I think I will continue to note my WW start date and WWGW date. It's a huge accomplishment for me and it's nice knowing how long I have been on WW or maintaining.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

oh, I wanted to add...I believe that most people aren't that happy that we have been successful. And I imagine most are still waiting for me to regain my weight. NOT HAPPENING!:bcbkickbu I will continue to strive to be part of the 5%.

Trudie

Trudie - I know what you are saying. No one really cares about my WW anny besides me. At this point, even my wife just politely says congrats on the day, mostly as a reflex. It's gotten to the point where I don't even mention it to family and close friends. It's just something that I note for myself and remind my wife about, etc.

And, I know how you feel, suspecting others are waiting for the weight to come back. Maybe it's not true? But, I do feel that way. And, in part, I use that as motivation not to let it happen.

It's been 11.5 years that I joined WW for the last time, 9 yrs this past month at goal, July will be 9 yrs lifetime. I have fought diligently to keep the weight off and will continue to do so. Some say im a little obbsessive about it but what better thing to be obbsessive about than keeping your weight where u want it. :salut Love WW, I will always remember my anniversary

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

I have fought diligently to keep the weight off and will continue to do so. Some say im a little obsessive about it but what better thing to be obbsessive about than keeping your weight where u want it. :salut Love WW, I will always remember my anniversary

Wow Dottie, 9 years on lifetime. I applaud you. That is absolutely amazing. You give me hope.

Your diligence has paid off. We really do have to remain diligent to be successful. I totally agree with this "Some say im a little obsessive about it but what better thing to be obbsessive about than keeping your weight where u want it. :salut Love WW, I will always remember my anniversary."

Trudie

I haven't been back at goal long enough to have lots of anniversaries, but I did hit the one year mark the end of April of this year.

I know what you all mean about some people waiting for you to gain the weight back. In fact, one time when I was in my losing phase and several of my coworkers were making positive comments about my weight loss, another coworker (she's not there any more..) said in a very nasty way, "So what if you lost weight. It won't be long before you're a fat pig again". I was floored and didn't really know how to respond, so I just walked away. I still shake my head over that one. And yes....she was very large, so I am sure part of it was sour grapes.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Ann - you took the high road on that comment. (And, you're a better person than me - because, I would have said something nasty back.) Take pride in your weight loss and how you handled that situation with grace and class!

Thanks Super. Believe me, I SO wanted to say something equally as nasty and hurtful to her, but I bit my tongue.

I do remember having an extremely good run when I got home, so I took my anger over the comment out on the pavement.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Ann I agree with everything Super Bowl said, great job on walking away.Super Bowl no I haven't. Trudie thank you so much. I weighed 180+ for 15 yrs and WW was the only weight loss plan I tried that worked. I told myself that if I can't eat this way for the rest of my life then this was not the plan for me. WW was for me. I also applaud your diligence because it surely takes it to stay at goal. I also applaud You and Super Bowl because both of you are a great inspiration and motivation to many on this site. Have a great day Buddies!!!!!

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.