Health Discovery Network
LillieG

Binge Eating has really gotten a hold on me this week

I am really struggling. Why do I want to binge at 9pm. I feel sick after I do it, and come to think of it sick while I'm doing it. The food is giving me no happiness at all. So far today, so good. I've got to make it to bed time with no binging.

I don't know why you are doing this, but maybe you are not eating enough during the day and are feeling deprived in the evening? This is what I have been told in the past, because I too have this problem from time to time it will come on suddenly and last a few days, but I am also a night eater in general.

~*Jillian*~

*~SW 148 ~ CW 145 ~ WGW 125 ~*

weight.png

"What you eat in private, you wear in public."

Watch your blood sugar. Eating wheat is cut ally higher on the glycemic index than plain sugar. If you're spiking your blood sugar levels, it's going to result in unnecessary hunger cues.

Aso, chemicals in your food can trigger binges too. Anything you haven't cooked yourself will be loaded with binge-inducing chemicals.

I find it's best to just not go there at night. I eat all my food from 9-5 (generally) and only eat veggies at night, unless I'm truly ravenous. If so, I eat protein at night-- nothing to spike my blood sugar.

Kimberley

Same boat for me too, Lillie. The evenings (and weekends) are absolutely killer. I have to say that I don't have any magical words of wisdom, but I find that even trying to allow a "reasonable" snack in the evenings can trigger an all out binge, so I try to make sure dinner is substantial enough to hold me over until breakfast and completely skip the evening snacking to avoid the binge monster. If I'm absolutely starving, I'll sometimes eat some baby dills...a strong enough taste to kind of deaden the cravings.

all good comments - esp about the blood sugar.

For me, I've found that I tend to want to eat the walls when I am overtired. If I eat ANYTHING at all (even a cucumber), I tend to just keep on stuffing myself.

The best thing I've LEARNED to do is to go into the bedroom, dressed for sleep, and read a book. 9 times out of 10, I crash within 10 minutes, even if it's only 7:30!!! If it's that early, I'll either wake up refreshed in 20 min or sleep straight through to the next morning.

Also, it might help to plan something FUN. I also tend to want to grab something to eat if I'm procrastinating on my "shoulds" - I SHOULD start the laundry, SHOULD pay bills, clean the closet, etc etc - that's what got ME into trouble last night, which is why I spied your post. Good luck!

Susan

�The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.� -Teddy Roosevelt