Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Super Bowl XLI

"Looking Beyond The Scale"

Thanks for posting that. It really made me laugh when they said did you start weight watchers just to lose weight and get to a certain number on the scale. In my head I immediately said "yes I did" so when they said well then just cut off your arm it really made me laugh and say "no no no". :bcb_bigsm I think some times most of us get caught up in the number on the scale so this post was a nice reality check. The answer really is no we don't want just the number, we want to look good and feel good and we need to remind ourselves of this especially when we go through the times when the scale does't move or worse moves in the wrong direction despite our best efforts. Great post and great reality check. There ARE things more important than a number on a machine.

Marianne

So true! I tend to worry too much about the number on the scale. Maybe now I will think more about other benifits of living a healthier life. :bcb_smile