KimberleyW

Mt_Native_Man

JalepenoAnn

Dot.t09

For Me

Quinny

Lookinup

How are you? What's going on?

Things are going well. We're in the midst of selling our house and getting ready to move. This has meant too much eating out, which has been challenging.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Hey SB! Things are well here on the weight loss front. I'd gone into a bit of a tailspin for a couple of years eating my way through some personal issues (like that's ever productive). I decided almost 6 months ago that instead of putting all this pressure on myself to be POP, I would tackle my major issues one by one. The most important one was giving up gluten and continuing to stay MSG-free. Along the way, I've tackled other issues-- corn, yeast, fresh dairy (excluding cheese), etc. I'm watching my food quantity even though I'm not counting points or journaling. I'm approaching my 6mth "health-iversary" and I'm on track to hit 30lbs down. That's comparable results to what I would have achieved had I put myself in a pressure-filled fish bowl to stay POP and exercise pretty much every day.

I feel like I'm proving a point to myself that I *can* lose weight without counting calories, without chronic high intensity exercise, and just following my body. When I started out, I didn't know if I was lying to myself or in denial. Some people here at BCB weren't supportive at all so I haven't been posting much out of respect for the WW purists. However, I always felt that there had to be a way to lose weight and maintain the loss without having to put everything I ate under a microscope (and/or scale). I'm not back to goal weight yet and I haven't tested the maintenance waters but the initial findings are very promising. I have not starved myself. I haven't worried about my food choices. I haven't binged in 6mths. I haven't blamed myself when I've had those days that contained very little nutrition (into everyone's life a day of ice cream must fall! LOL). This has been the "easiest" weight loss I've ever had and I hesitate to talk about it too much because I don't want to jinx things!!!

Like Luanne, we're in the middle of getting our house ready to sell. Renovations are such a PITA. We probably had no other choice than to do these things and hopefully it will show in the purchase price of the house. Prepping 3 children for a mid-school year move has a lot of issues as well. Add in that my husband is currently working two jobs as he transitions from one company to the other, it means that while the extra money is nice (paying for all the renovations!! LOL), we don't see much of him. That's leaving me to essentially be a single parent *and* get this house and all of its contents ready.

How are you??!!

Kimberley

Things are going well. We're in the midst of selling our house and getting ready to move. This has meant too much eating out, which has been challenging.

Good luck with the move! That's one of the big stressful things that a person can do, along with getting married, having a baby, dealing wth a death in the family, starting a new job, etc. And, of course, with stress, comes the urge to overeat for comfort. Remember: Before you eat something, think to yourself "Am I eating this because I am hungry, or, because I am stressed?" and "Will I regret eating this after I swallow it?" Hope that helps...

I'm watching my food quantity even though I'm not counting points or journaling. I'm approaching my 6mth "health-iversary" and I'm on track to hit 30lbs down.

I feel like I'm proving a point to myself that I *can* lose weight without counting calories, without chronic high intensity exercise, and just following my body.

Awesome!

And, good luck with your house sale!

I'm OK. I don't stop by here that much compared to what I used to...and it seemed like a lot of folks that I used to chat with here don't come by that much either. :-(

So, that's why I did this shout out - to check in and see who's still around.

Hey Sup,

I am still on the Delta thread. I wasn't on there over much of the summer, as DH and I took permanent campground site and spent most of our summer there. The internet was slow much of the time so I didn't post often.

It's been more of a struggle staying OP when I am not here, so I have been posting more regularly again. I do have a couple of pounds to lose. I tell myself that a little higher weight isn't bad, but I am just not ready for that yet.

Running... well that's was pretty hit and miss over the summer and now I haven't ran in about 6 weeks. I miss it and am debating getting back to it more regular. It helped me maintain my weight better. I think when I exercise, my eating goes better. Diet and exercise go hand in hand. I know that, but haven't been practicing that well lately.

One thing I know, I won't be fat again. I am in it for the long haul. Weigh loss/maintenance isn't for sissy's. I am fighting.

Thanks for calling us out!

How are YOU doing?

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Hi Steve--I'm still here too! Still fighting the fight EVERY day:salut Still running my treadmill programs. Was on the NordicTrack site again last week, and am considering replacing the classic skier that I used to have. I am kind of in the same mindset as Trudie, I WILL NOT let myself gain this weight back either, so I still fight tooth and nail. Still working on that last 10. I think I have finally gotten past my blah attitude toward them, and have reminded myself that this (current weight) is NOT my goal weight. If this is where I had wanted to stop, that's what I would have set as my goal! Like you said, there seem to be fewer and fewer familiar faces and a lot of one time introductions, then nothing, so I mostly stick to the "age" board, but I'm always reading for inspiration from board to board. There is still a lot of wisdom to be gained, especially from those of you who have been managing to stay at your goals for so many years. Truly, you guys are an inspiration and help remind me that even if a few pounds need to be dealt with here and there, maintenance IS possible. I see from your stats you are still doing very well:bcb_up.

BTW--VERY good points made (Will I regret eating this once I swallow it)! EXCELLENT stop and think (on the fly) test!!

Still working on that last 10.

Hey Bob! Just remember, the race doesn't always go to the swift, but, sometimes to those who keep running.

Just keep up the great work. Those ten will happen, if you want it, in time. But, don't let it ruin your life. It will happen. And, if it takes 5 weeks or a year to happen, it doesn't change the fact that it will happen for you.

Diet and exercise go hand in hand.

I hear you Trudie. I've not been as good with getting regular exercise lately. My son has been playing fall baseball, on two diffferent teams, and that takes up a ton of my time after work and on weekends. But, his season ends on November 11th. So, from there until Spring, I have no more excuses!

Really, I should have no excuses now. I should listen to what I tell my son when things don't work out on the field. (He's only eight and a half.) I remind him that people always have excuses when things go poorly or bad, but, when things are going well or great, you never hear any excuses.

I need to apply the same thing to myself: Get to the gym often. And, run at least twice a week. If I do that, then I won't have to come up with excuses on why I didn't do it!

I'm still OP. Always will be. Track every day - for the last 330 weeks in a row now. I am about 4 pounds heavier than I prefer to be now. But, I know, if I start working out more and lay off the BLTs, especially the trail mix, those few extra el-bees will be gone in a hurry.

I just realized how much this forum is like my WW meeting center.

In the 6 1/2 years that I've been going to WW, I have seen a million faces come and go. And, I could count on one hand, with room to spare, the number of members that I run into now who were there back in 2006 or 2007.

And, I have been a member of this forum for 2 years now and there's a bunch of people who I used to see here a lot and now they haven't been around for months or longer. (Some of them even have retired/inactive member on their status here, whatever that means?)

I guess it's the nature of the beast. It's probably the biggest challenge that WW has yet to solve - how to keep people committed. Then again, it may be like gyms and memberships. The gyms always want to sell a million membership contracts and they do it with the hope/plan that not everyone will show up. That's how they make their money.

Maybe that's why WW doesn't work on the dropout members riddle? If everyone made lifetime and stayed on lifetime forever, then they wouldn't make as much money as they do charging people every time they came back another time?

I think you have excellent points there my friend! I actually look up members (especially ones that had BIG weight loss results) and see that they haven't been on forever. I really do wonder how they are doing? If they are still in the fight and maintaining their loss? I have even sent one or two a PM only to hear nothing back. It also seems (just like gym/memberships) that we have a lot of late night epiphany having new members who either decide in the morning light that it's just not their time to truly commit to the fight, or decide after one post that there is nothing to be gained by posting here??!!? I just think Trudie is on to something (guilty of reading the Delta's, sorry) she says frequently that weight loss is not for sissies, and I LOVE that. No one here, or anywhere, EVER said this was, is or will ever be easy. It is said when you get "cyber attached" to people and actually wonder how they are doing and how they handle the struggles and then they are just gone.:bcb_huh: Personally, if I couldn't jump on here some of these nights when I'm struggling, and remind myself how many other people are facing the same daily struggles, I would be about 20lbs heavier, I know it. Everyone here keeps me strong.

EDIT--I should add, I'm not trying to be negative to any one time posters. I'm simply stating that maybe give it more than one post before you throw in the towel. It's not easy for all of us to jump right in to a "conversation" with someone after just one post/initial introduction. It's just like anything else, you need to get to "know" and feel comfortable with everyone before you decide there's nothing here for you. No disrespect meant to anyone who posts once, then finds the very next day that no, this is not their time or they are not ready. It's too difficult of a battle to face if you are still on the fence about it. However, it gets much more tolerable with a group who has faced and is still facing the daily struggles.

Maybe that's why WW doesn't work on the dropout members riddle? If everyone made lifetime and stayed on lifetime forever, then they wouldn't make as much money as they do charging people every time they came back another time?

The WWer members who achieve Lifetime and stay there are the ones who go on to work for WWers. So, they actually end up costing WWers money. :bcb_grin

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Our centers in LA have many lifetime members who attend regularly.

I'm doing fine. Making time for exercise 5 days a week. Close to goal. Need to be closer. Working on that every minute of every day.

The WWer members who achieve Lifetime and stay there are the ones who go on to work for WWers.

This is true. But, not absolute. I don't work for WW even though I have applied for a position twice and got nada. In my district, they only hire women, it seems.

I'm doing fine. Making time for exercise 5 days a week. Close to goal. Need to be closer. Working on that every minute of every day.

Good to hear Peg! You've done so well, and lost so much, and changed the way you live, etc. You shouldn't be tough on yourself. I would give you a gold star!

Everyone here keeps me strong.

That's one of the WW secrets and one of the keys to losing weight and keeping it off: Having a support system. It's right up there with making good food choices, tracking what you eat, and getting exercise. If you don't have help and support when you need it, those other things - choices, tracking and exercise - may not happen or will be so hard to make happen that you give up...

I'm here, too, Super. I slipped up about 10 lbs., but am moving back down. I never quit coming here, and for me, that was proof to myself that I never quit. I have to admit, though, that when I have a not-so-good day, it's hard to post. Right now, DH has decided to join me in the fight and we're doing this more together than before. That sure helps. Thanks for asking.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

I never quit coming here, and for me, that was proof to myself that I never quit. I have to admit, though, that when I have a not-so-good day, it's hard to post.

Hey Linda! Never give up, never surrender!

It's like I used to tell people at meetings. There is no "goal" or finish-line in this game. Everyday, you need to be OP. It never stops. And, if you do stop, the weight will come back. Good for you, and your spouse, for keep'on keeping on!

There is no "goal" or finish-line in this game. Everyday, you need to be OP. It never stops. And, if you do stop, the weight will come back.

Amen Buddy! No if's, and's, or but's. This is the absolute truth.:bcb_wink3

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Amen Buddy! No if's, and's, or but's. This is the absolute truth.:bcb_wink3

I'll say "Amen," too. It is clear to me that losing and maintaining weight isn't something you do, it's something you live. The love the picture of "no finish line." I keep thinking about how wonderful it will be when I hit goal (and it will be a cause for celebration), but now I see a long road ahead of that finish line. I do think that road will be more enjoyable, though, as I will have left behind 65 pounds. I can't help but think of how freeing that will be. Yesterday I carried in bags of groceries (many canned goods plus fruits and veggies). I couldn't help but note how heavy they felt and could feel the stress on my knees. I took the bags to the scale and all together they weighed just under 40 pounds -- that's less than I've lost, and 25 pounds less than my ultimate goal.

Yes, it's a lifetime fight, but when I'm at goal I won't be fighting as a heavyweight:headover:

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Yup. I tell people all the time: Making lifetime is not reaching a goal. Making lifetime is day one of the rest of your life. You don't get to go back to all your old bad habits after hitting lifetime. You have to staty OP.

kimberley, so glad to be hearing from you. everythng you are doing is clicking and success is happening. i'm so happy for you.

superb, you too your sucess story and how you motivate and help the fellow buddy. thanks from me and i know many more who are smart enough to scroll around the site and see a post like the one you gave gingere on the newbie thread. wow, that was a great post.

btw, rejoined ww for the accountability. its helping. i'll never give up. 11 to goal again

I've got about 10 to work on now after vacation loosened my resolve. I am off to the Y right now. Food has toned down to my healthy choices again and I hope for the best. Well I WORK for success lets say that.

Sorry, wasn't ignoring you all on this one.

On October 29th, the power here went out. Thank you, not, Sandy. And, finally, at 8:40 PM tonight, on November 3rd, it came back on again. It was rough. Not easy to stay OP, at all.

Wow Steve, that truly does suck! We just lost it over one night here. From about 9:30pm and back on at 4:45am. We definitely lucked out. I can only imagine the difficulties once you have to start living on whatever kinds of foods are shelf stable or whatever you can buy from whichever places still have power! Truly thankful that those types of storms are not our "norm".