Health Discovery Network
Super Bowl XLI

Calling Out To SOME of my WW/BCBs!

I just think Trudie is on to something (guilty of reading the Delta's, sorry) she says frequently that weight loss is not for sissies, and I LOVE that. No one here, or anywhere, EVER said this was, is or will ever be easy.

Lol Bob, don't apologize for reading the Delta thread. Happy to have you checking in on us. Feel free to pop in an post if you want. I read around other threads too, and some times just have to post. I have always been welcomed when I visit other threads.:bcb_smile

I suspect that most that don't post here anymore, have fallen off their WW journey. Otherwise, I think they'd be here. That's just my thought on this.

Anymore, it's rare to have someone post in the Accomplishment and Show off threads. I remember when I first found BCB that is where I read and read. It was so encouraging reading success stories. It helped me believe in myself and know that weight loss for ME could be a reality. I get so excited when I read that someone gets to goal. That is a huge accomplishment and it deserves a huge celebration. It takes a lot of hard work and perseverance to get there.

I would love for BCB to be what it was a few years ago when I first joined...

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I'm still OP. Always will be. Track every day - for the last 330 weeks in a row now.

"Always will be." LOVE that. That has to be our mentality. As you know, and have said, there is no finish line. We need to be OP every day. Maintenance is still following program, we just get a few more points. I love WW! I love that I can work a yummy treat into my day and eat it guilt free, AND not have to fear the scale. WW just makes sense.

Trudie

I just realized how much this forum is like my WW meeting center.

In the 6 1/2 years that I've been going to WW, I have seen a million faces come and go. And, I could count on one hand, with room to spare, the number of members that I run into now who were there back in 2006 or 2007.

And, I have been a member of this forum for 2 years now and there's a bunch of people who I used to see here a lot and now they haven't been around for months or longer. (Some of them even have retired/inactive member on their status here, whatever that means?)

I guess it's the nature of the beast. It's probably the biggest challenge that WW has yet to solve - how to keep people committed. Then again, it may be like gyms and memberships. The gyms always want to sell a million membership contracts and they do it with the hope/plan that not everyone will show up. That's how they make their money.

Maybe that's why WW doesn't work on the dropout members riddle? If everyone made lifetime and stayed on lifetime forever, then they wouldn't make as much money as they do charging people every time they came back another time?

I have often said the BCB is my daily WW meeting. It has helped me so much.

I think it is the nature of the beast. When I used to attend meetings, many came and went. Once in a while I see a previous member out and about, and obviously not at goal. Sadly, the odds are against us. I believe that it's only 5% that maintain their weight loss. When I joined this forum years ago, I said that I would be *Results Not Typical! I work daily to maintain that status. Daily I must choose my ​hard.

Bottom line, WW is a business. They wouldn't do well if we were all non paying lifetime members. Heck, all they give us is 2 pounds of wiggle room. We all know that we can be POP and our weight can fluctuate 2+ pounds for whatever reason.

At any rate, WW works, WW is for me I will be a WW for the rest of my life.

Trudie

Kimberley, Bob - thanks.

We actually lost power again. We were out for 120 hours. Then it came back for 14 hours. And, then it was out again for 10 hours again.

It's been on now for the last 3 1/2 hours - and I hope it stays on now for good!

Damn, Sandy!

I hope your power stays on too, SB, that really sucks. I can't even imagine trying to go that long. It's so painfully obvious how very much we RELY on the power the minute it goes out, huh?! Hope that things settle down now and can back to your normal routine. ESPECIALLY hard with little ones!! Anyway, I'm sure you have the damage tracked, and are ready to move on. After all, you always say, no sense worrying about yesterday OR tomorrow:salut! BTW--that is SO true, and I need to remember it as I struggle with my last ten (leave the maintenance worries until I at least get there)LOL!

Trudie--thanks for the offer!! I just might have to stop by!!:salut I agree that many who fall probably don't feel too inspired to post. That is a lot of the reason I haven't posted over on the Delta thread...I just don't feel "strong" enough sometimes!! I have been a bit wishy-washy about buckling down and really focusing on these last 10lbs. Can't let myself stay complacent about it, it's worth more than that to me!! You guys DO give me strength, though, especially when the 20-40 board gets slow.

Coming here and taking strength from others (and hopefully giving some back) is the ONLY thing that keeps me sane some days. You all know what I mean, those awful days that sneak up on you, and the anti-WW tries to convince you one or two bad days won't hurt. That's when I jump on here and remind myself I'm far from the only one struggling daily to keep up the good fight!! You guys are ALL awesome, and thanks for helping me to remember EVERY day is worth the fight!!

Quick Recap: Been riding; fell off in September; broke wrist; wrist is healing well; ran Dogige 5K for local animal shelter in October; will run a 5K on thanksgiving day; still going to the gym. Don't like cold weather, already! Time to get out my layers upon layers for running outside (well, maybe running outside). I think I should hibernate until April!!! bcb_sad

But,you knew this already! HA!:bcb_grin

Liz

The Dressage Queen

Bella%2Band%2BI%2BIntro%2BA.jpg

Bob - thanks. We have another storm heading here tomorrow. So, the fun continues!

Liz, good luck in the 5K! I am doing one on 11/25. Killer course. Lots of hills. I am looking forward to it!

Just now saw this thread. I am head and back after a break from the boards. I had too much going on at one time and needed to focus on things at home. I was involved with a big stage production with my dog club that was 2 years in the making. We did 2 shows on Nov. 3 and 4th with over 1000 people attending between the 2 days. It was a huge amount of work, but a huge success. My life and eating are now getting back to normal.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018