Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
DES2

ISO pie pumpkin ideas

I bought two pie pumpkins and am looking for some Core/SiFi ways of using them. TIA!

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

I always make this one. Big bonus, you can count dessert as a veggie!

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

entire pie is 4 points

1 15 oz can pumpkin (not pie filling)

1/2 cup Egg Beaters

1 1/2 cup skim milk

3/4 cup Splenda

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Beat all together until smooth. Put in pie pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Tinka's notes

you can use egg whites instead of buying Egg Beaters

You can use light soy milk instead of skim.

It is wonderful served cold and can be frozen in slices.

enjoy!

This is not a new recipe....but we have new buddies every day that NEED to see this!

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

I realize this is an old post, but wanted to share a funny WW story. I attended the At Work sessions for quite a while, which ran for 10 weeks at a time. We started a new session with one woman joining who must have had a starting weight in the 300 pound range. I was at several new start sessions, and accustomed to hearing from new members those first weeks of their loss of several pounds weight loss before settling into whatever cadence (1 - 2.5 per week) they would reach. It came to everyone's surprise when this really big woman was complaining week after week that she was gaining and not losing on the program. By the third week the leader asked to see her journal, which she admitted she had not been writing in. She promised to be good the following week by journaling and bring it in. Same story in week 4, she was up not down. She handed her journal to the leader in class to prove it was the program's fault. Part way through the first journal day for lunch she journaled "one P.P." Leader asked what that was, to which the new member said "pumpkin pie". "One piece on pumpkin pie" the leader asked? "No - the whole pie" the new member replied. Half the class had their jaws hung open, the rest burst out laughing. The leader offered to stay over to explain the program to her in more detail. :bcb_LOL:

Eaten by itself it was, after all, a single piece, right?

She did her best to journal it, checking off all her vegetables for the day.