Health Discovery Network
Super Bowl XLI

My Running PR Story

Fantastic! Congratulations!!!!

I had my spinal surgery Wednesday, so will start my walking again in a day or so. I so much need to get moving again.

Esther

Goal 160

Current 177.0

Just do what you know to do!

Wow, great job Steve! That's an awesome time and on a hilly course too! Way to go.:salut:salut

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Trudie, Ann - thanks! Coming from runners like you, it means a lot.

Esther - I wish you a speedy recovery! Just don't push yourself too hard after surgery. Remember, the race doesn't always go to the swift; but, sometimes to those who keep running.

Take it day by day, little by little. You'll get there.

Thank you Bonnie! I'm always in awe of runners too! LOL. I still have a hard time thinking of myself as a runner - I've only been doing it for 2 years and it's still very hard for me at times. And, I am still amazed at how people can run for 13 or 26 miles - or longer - at a time. I'm still trying to get to 5 miles at one time without stopping. And, 10 miles seems like a million miles to me at this time.

But, you know what? You can run until the cows come home and it still won't matter if you don't eat well. That's why WW is so important to me. Without WW, I would not be in shape, running or not.

You know Steve, it took me a long time before running 3 miles didn't wipe me out. After that, it too me even longer before I could do 5 miles or a 10K without having to sack out on the couch half the day. Sometimes the running doesn't start to feel good till you get past that 3 mile mark. That's when you warm up, get your wind and things start to flow. I have always thought that is why people who never run more than 2 or 3 miles always say that it never feels good to them.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and make no mistake. You ARE a runner!

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018