Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
freebird

cheesecake recipes?

I am looking for a variety of cheesecake recipes to experiment with...please post a recipe you are pleased with. thanks.

Hi Freebird! This isn't my recipe, it is cybergranny's...I haven't tried it, but I bet it is a great recipe.... smile.gif

Hi buddies! I posted this at the 100+ because they asked me for it when I told them about it. I thought that maybe you would like the recipe here as well:

Hi! I made the time to put my cheesecake recipe in Mastercook so I could post it here. Hope you all like it, it is so sinful, no one is going to believe it is point friendly!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Barbara's Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

2 c graham cracker crumbs -- crushed

8 ozs Neufchatel cheese

16 ozs fat free cream cheese

3 egg white

1 whole egg

1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract

1 c Splenda -- divided

4 ozs German chocolate square

1/4 c half and half, fat free

1 tbsp reduced-calorie margarine

1 tbsp corn syrup, light

Spray springform pan with nonstick spray and add the graham cracker crumbs. If you prefer, you can use chocolate graham crackers. Add 2 tablespoons of the splenda and pour in the pan. Spray again with nonstick spray and using waxed paper, press into the bottom of the pan; set aside in freezer while making the filling.

Mix cheeses with an electric mixer until smooth; add egg, whites and vanilla and beat just until smooth. Add Splenda and mix a few moments more.

Pour into prepared pan and place in a preheated 325° oven over a water bath for about 40 minutes or until set. The center will be a bit jiggly still but will set completely when chilled.

For the ganache, chop the chocolate in small pieces and place in a bowl. Bring the half and half to a boil in a small saucepan and pour over chocolate. Let sit about 30 seconds and whisk to make smooth. Add corn syrup and margarine. Pour over cheesecake that has cooled completely and refrigerate at least three hours.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 132 Calories (kcal); 7g Total Fat; (49% calories from fat); 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 22mg Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium

Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

Serving Ideas : As low in points as this recipe is, you may be tempted as I was to make it 12 servings. Why not? If you are going to indulge, then indulge right? Well, believe me, you won't eat that large of a piece so keep it to the original 16 servings and feel guilt-free!

NOTES : You can use any reduced calorie or sugar free cream filled cookie for the crust. Just put them in a food processor. It takes about 10 cookies.

The cheesecake doesn't need to be IN the water bath, just place a big pan of water on the bottom oven rack and center the cheesecake on the shelf just above it. This keeps the cake from cracking.

Barbara

Mary<br /> VERY PROUD ARMY WIFE<br /> VERY PROUD MOTHER<br /><br />highest weight: 224<br />Start Date: April 17, 2003 <br />SW: 200<br />CW: 190<br />GW: 145 <br />Point range: 22-27

Guest mackenzie8701

a few days ago weightwatchers.com had mini chocolate cheesecakes are their recipe of the day. They are still up if you want to go check them out. I made them and wasnt crazy about them, but I'm also not that crazy about cheesecake. I guess they are a worth a try!

I love Cheesecake. :D

Lile<br />Lifetime - "75" Model<br />One Proud "Okie"<br /><br />"Don't Tell God how big the Storm is, Tell the "storm" how "Big" your "GOD" is."<br /><br />"EMPTY STOMACH/EMPTY HEART"<br />(It's not what you're eating, but what is "Eating" you.)

Here's some that I've gotten from BCB...

MINI CAPPUCCINO CHEESECAKES

Servings: 12

4 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (1/4 cup)

2 containers (8 ounces each) fat-free soft cream cheese

1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel) , softened

2/3 cup sugar

1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons vanilla

3 egg whites

2 tablespoons sugar

1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee (dry)

1 tablespoon sugar

1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Baking cocoa, if desired

1. Heat oven to 300ºF. Spray 12 medium muffin cups, 2 1/2x1 1/4 inches, with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the chocolate wafer crumbs on bottom of each muffin cup.

2. Beat cream cheeses in medium bowl, using wire whisk, until smooth. Beat in 2/3 cup sugar, the milk, flour, vanilla and egg whites until almost smooth.

3. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the batter. Beat 2 tablespoons sugar and the coffee into remaining batter, using wire whisk, until blended. Carefully spoon about 3 tablespoons coffee batter into each muffin cup. Carefully spoon 2 tablespoons reserved vanilla batter over coffee batter. Mix 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over vanilla batter.

4. Bake about 18 minutes or just until set. Cool 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours. Run small metal spatula around edge of each muffin cup; remove cheesecakes. Sprinkle with cocoa.

1 Cheesecake: Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 45); Fat 5g (Saturated 3g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 290mg; Potassium 110mg; Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 9g

% Daily Value: Vitamin A 18%; Vitamin C 0%; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 12%; Iron 0%; Folic Acid 2%

4 points per cheesecake.

-------------------------------------

PAY DE QUESO (CHEESECAKE)

Makes 8 servings

Crust:

4 slices firm white bread, diced

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Filling:

1 pound yogurt cheese*

1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese

3/4 cup egg substitute

1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

Spray 8" springform pan or pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. To prepare crust, in food processor or blender, grind bread into fine crumbs; transfer to small bowl. Add sugar to bread crumbs; stir to combine. Add juice, vanilla and almond extract; toss with a fork until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of prepared pan; chill. Preheat oven to 375F. Adjust oven racks to divide oven into thirds. To prepare filling, in clean food processor or blender, combine yogurt and ricotta cheeses, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon; puree until very smooth. Transfer cheese mixture to large bowl. In small bowl, combine raisins and flour; fold into cheese mixture. Pour mixture into prepared crust; bake 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325oF; bake 40 minutes longer. Turn oven off; let stand in turned-off oven 20 minutes. Remove from oven; cool to room temperature.

EACH SERVING (1/8 OF CAKE) PROVIDES: 1/2 Milk, 1/4 Fruit, 3/4 Protein, 1/2 Bread, 45 Optional Calories

PER SERVING: 180 Calories, 1 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 3 mg Cholesterol, 243 mg Sodium, 29 g Total Carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 13 g Protein, 325 mg Calcium

* To prepare yogurt cheese, line a colander with cheesecloth; place in deep bowl. Spoon 1 quart plain nonfat yogurt (without gelatin or other additives) into colander; refrigerate, covered, 1 day. Discard accumulated liquid. Makes about 1 pound.

---------------------------------------

MOCK CHEESECAKE

Servings: 2

Points per serving: 3

1 small box sugar free instant vanilla pudding

2 c. lowfat buttermilk

Mix ingredients together and cool in fridge for ½ hour before serving.

-----------------------------------------

CHEESECAKE BROWNIES

Makes 24 servings

POINTS 2 per serving

1 pkg low-fat fudge brownie mix

6 oz. light cream cheese

3 Tbsp fat free sour cream

2 tsp flour

2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degress. Prepare brownie mix according to

package. Spread batter into coated 13x9 inch pan. Combine cream

cheese, sour cream, flour and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Drop

dollops of mixture on top of brownie batter. Swirl batters together

with tip of knife. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let cool completely

before cutting.

-------------------------------------------

CHOCOLATE AMARETTO CHEESECAKE

1-pkg.choc.grahams, crushed(this would be one

sleeve

2-cups(1 small container)part-skim ricotta

8-oz.nonfat cream cheese

1/2 cup sugar (I used Splenda)

1-egg

3-T. All-purp.flour

2-T. Amaretto Liqueur

1-tsp. vanilla

2-T. mini choc. chips

1. Spray 7" springform pan with pam.

2. Sprinkle crumbs over bottom of pan

3. Puree ricotta, cream cheese, sugar, egg, flour

Amaretto and vanilla.

4. Stir in chocolate chips

5. Pour mixture over crumbs

6. Bake @ 300 // 1:45 mins.

7. Cool on rack // chill for 3 hours.

12 servings // 2-points ea.

OP 12/22/2001<br />367/270/135<br /><br />We must be the change we wish to see ~ Gandhi

Bump

Aya: born Jan. 30, 2001

Danya: born Jun. 10, 2004

Starting Date: Oct. 15, 2007

SW:185.5lbs

GW:125 lbs

weight.png

I tried the mini chocolate cheesecakes that WW had posted, it uses Cottage cheese instead Creamed cheese and they are very point friendly - only 1 point each. Now I found that they did not satisfy my cheesecake craving since they just didn't taste like cheesecake but they were a good little snack.

Shayla Girvan<br />HW/SW/CW/GW<br />327/286/280/165<br /><br /><a