Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
jmsgemini

PIE CRUST!!!

So, I have been searching for a pie crust that is only 1 pt per serving, and I found one...

3/4 cup flour

3 tablespoons soft, whipped diet margarine -- tub style

2 tablespoons powdered sugar

Spray 9" pie plate with Pam. Mix crust ingredients with a fork and press into prepared pie plate. Bake crust at 350º until golden brown for 10-14 minutes. Cool crust 10-15 minutes before filling.

Serving size: 1/6 of piecrust, 1 point

I havent tried it yet, but it looks perfect. I am not really that picky, since the crust takes the flavor of the pie, but I needed a great base to pies!

If anyone tries it, let me know how it is. When I try it, I will be sure to report back!

thumbup.gif

Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

Thank you! This looks good to me also. I'm going to try it.

printing out....

hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

I'm testing this one out for Thanksgiving (along with 1 point pumpkin pie) so I'll let you know how it turns out. Sounds good, though. Thanks!

Tami<br />181/138/137<br />43 pounds gone forever!<br />5' 5 1/2"<br />33 years old<br />Mom to Justin (he's my avatar and he's 2)<br />Wife to James<br /><br />In the battle of the bulge, I'm winning!

Guest GingerIsMyPuppy

I'm gonna try it to with the 1 point pumpkin pie.

Jamie: Tried this for TDay and I have to admit it was pretty darned good. I didn't think that with those fews ingredients that you would really get anything the came close to resembling a pie crust, but I did. I plan to use this one again. Mine didn't come out real thick, but close enough for me. Thanks for sharing.

JeanetteSki

I made this pie crust with a lemon tart filling. It was delicious. Now if I could just lower the points for my lemon filling, it would be wonderful.

Any experts out there want to give it a try? Let me know.

Danielle

OP 8/1/06 5'4" SW 195.6/ CW 194.0

Guest ClaremoreZebraBandMom0407

I'll have to try this

Bumping to the top

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Thanks for posting. I was at 2 different grocery stores earlier tonight and both were out of the premade reduced fat graham crusts I was wanting. I think this recipe will be better anyway, and I have all the ingredients!! I also hate rolling out pie crusts. This looks so easy. Thanks again!

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Hi! Question.......is it regular flour and what

brand of margarine(or what the nutritional label

gives you). Want to be sure I make this correctly and buy the right items. Thanks.

I sounds so good. I want to make my Sugar Free

Butterscotch Pie !!

Joined WW May 5,2003<br />SW: 237<br />CW: 186.8<br />GW: 130 <br />Joined Curves on 8/6/03. Love it!<br /><br />"Always take care of You first".

Thank you, Carol, bcbsalute.gif I forgot about this one! I'm going to use it for my 1=P pumpkin pie.

Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend, kiss.gif

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Dawna: Your pumpkin pie filling and this crust makes a wonderful pie! This is what I used last year and it was great. I wasn't in charge of the pies this year, or I would have used it again. No one but no one knows this is a diet recipe!! I love it!! :D

JeanetteSki

Hi Kathleen, & welcome.... wave.gif I'm going to bump up the 1-P pie recipe for you now.

Dawna