Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Sorry, I'm not clear. Your target is your minimum. You should eat at least 43 points per day. You have an additional 35 on top of that. Your quick track goes up to 44 per day but there's another section for your 35 weekly points.

Your target points are totally separate from your Weekly Points Allowance. You must eat all your Target Points. the 35 Weekly Points are optional but most buddies use at least some of them especially as their target points drop as they lose weight.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Read page 21 of your week one book. That's where it explains the WPA on top of your Target points.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Read page 21 of your week one book. That's where it explains the WPA on top of your Target points.
Thank you.

MO Platoon Member #37

HW: 346

SW: 333 (11.16.07)

CW: 323.5 (11.27.07)

GW: 200

Hello everyone!

I have just joined the forum for extra support. I have done WW in the past successfully and now many years (and honestly, many pounds heavier) later have rejoined. I began with some friends/family in March. They have all since dropped out and gone off the plan. I love the meetings, but need some extra support in between times. It doesn't help to call up a friend and find them eating exactly the thing that is tempting you!

:bcb_yuck:

So, Im looking for help and buddies that are OP!

This, I can control - I can do this....

SW 191 3/20/07; CW 156.2; GW 137?

weight.png

Welcome to BCB, Cheryl. Kudos for outlasting your friends. :D It definitely helps to have 24 hour support and that's what BCB can give you. Find a home board or two (either by age, buddy system, or buddy groups) and post often for support. :salut

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

Hi Cheryl & welcome!

I am so glad you stuck with WW--you will be glad you did! This site is awesome & exactly what I need for support in between meetings. I hope you get as much from it as I do. Good luck!

Vanne

SW 181 :sobbing:

CW 164 :work_out:

WWG 160

PGW 145 :goal:

Thanks for the welcome!!

This, I can control - I can do this....

SW 191 3/20/07; CW 156.2; GW 137?

weight.png

Hi everyone. I just started WW 2 weeks ago. I found that i am eating the same thing everyday because it is easier for me to plan it! I want to post my menu to see if i am missing anything or should add somethings. I can have 26 pts.

Breakfast - 3 egg whites, 1 c OJ, 1 banana ( 5pts )

Snack - 1 c strawberries, 1 st cheese ( 3 pts )

Snack - 100 cal snack pack ( 2 pt )

Lunch - South beach wrap and baggie full of veggies (gr beans, grape tom, cuc, carrots, gr pepper) ( 4pt for wrap )

Snack - yogart, cantalope ( 2 pt )

Dinner - Lean cuisene or 2 bowls of special k with skim milk ( 6-7 pt )

Snack - frozen ice ( 3 pt )

Sometimes i dont eat my last snack but i figured because i eat so many veggies that i might as well count that as 1 pt. I also eat alot of fruit.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!!

Welcome to BCB, tltripp99. Your menu looks good to me. Here's a list of the Eight Healthy Guidelines to aim for. I didn't see oils on your menu, so that's something to consider. Find a home board or two and post often for support! :wave:

1. Eat at least 5 servings of vegetables and fruits each day.

2. Choose whole-grain foods, such as brown rice and oats, whenever possible.

3. Include 2 servings of milk products (low-fat or fat free) each day.

4. Have some healthy oil (olive, canola, safflower, sunflower, or flaxseed) each day. This habit ensures that you get the essential fatty acids and vit. E that your body needs. Use the oil on salads, in cooking, or as an ingredient in a mixed dish.

5. Ensure that you are getting enough protein by choosing at least a serving or two of meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dried beans, or soy products each day. Many milk products are also good sources of protein.

6. Limit added sugar and alcohol.

7. Drink at least 6 glasses of water each day.

8. Take a multiple vitamin-mineral supplement each day.

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

Hi Tltripp99 & welcome!

I am a creature of habit like you; while I don't eat the same thing every day, I have the same breakfast 95% of the time & rotate 75% of my meals from a choice of about 10 things. When you are more comfortable with the plan (or just plain sick of your menu:bcb_cry: ) you might want to look around the boards for recipes or other ideas...there are lots of great ones here!

Glad to have you join us!

Vanne

WWG 160

Hey, if it works for you, its great! I'm a believer in variety - when I feel stuck in a rut, I start to binge. I have more success when I introduce new foods - I guess it has something to do with the boredom factor. Lillie

i'm a newbie on here too. doing the ww thing too. just started walking for exercise.

Starting weight 4/4/07 --290

CW : 277

GW: 150

Hello my name is Elizabeth and I am new to Weight Watchers. I need to lose about 45lbs and I hope I can learn a thing or two from this forum. Where is a good place to start at?

Where is a good place to start at?
Right here! Go through the stickies in this thread.

You could surf forever on this board. LOTS of great advice, and very positive!

Good luck and welcome!

SW and HW-198

CW-192.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to BCB, Elizabeth. I agree, the Newbie Section is a great place to start. Check out the Training Manual as well as the Newbie Handbook for how BCB works. Find a home board or two (either by age, buddy system, or buddy groups) and post often for buddy support. :wave:

• HW-142 CW-118

Hi Elizabeth & welcome!

Yep, you've come to the right place...you will learn a lot & get lots of support right here. I am constantly finding new recipes, great ideas & encouragement here--you will too. We're glad you joined us!

Vanne

WWG 160

WELCOME TO BCB!!!

I would start by reading the "Newbie Handbook" in this newbie board. It tells you lots of information about this site. Then, like mrss. said, it's nice to find a "home" board. It's not necessary, but it's easier for you and other Buddies to get to know each other on a more personal level.

CONGRATULATIONS on starting your weight loss journey!

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

Hi Everyone :) I'm Angelique from New Yawk (Queens) that is. This is my maybe 5th time doing WW. But I am doing it from home this time as I didn't feel I got as much of the groups as I should have. Meaning I was going to cheat wether I went or not. Why am I committed now? My mom had gastric bypass Feb 21st and things went very very wrong. She got the new procedure the sleeve. After 4 days the glucernia and percocet she was taking leaked into her body cavity and she almost died. My mom tried all her life to be thin yo yo dieting, taking pills in the 60's, etc. Now she is under 300lbs, from 425lbs. But was it worth almost losing her life. I think not. I went shopping today. Logged what I ate and am following my points. I need to show my mom that I can be healthy with her when she comes home from the hospital. Yes thats right she has been there over 4 month had a tracheotomy and is just off her respirator. She now has a stage 4 bed wound to the bone and will need to relearn how to walk. I hope my story made maybe a few of you think twice. Many people think it is an easy solution it isnt. Only eating healthy and exercising is going to REALLY work. So I am thinking of rejoining curves.

Ang-

SW: 244.5 7/4/07

CW: 241.9

GW: 140

Mommy to Juliet Rebecca!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a320/Noangel5/IMG_0392.jpg

Welcome to BCB, Ang. Wow, what a story. :( I'm sorry to hear of your mom's troubles.

Find a home board or two (either by age, buddy system, or buddy groups) and post often for buddy support. :salut Best wishes!

• HW-142 CW-118

Hi there! I'm new also! Glad to see you here!

Heather

Age 34

SW:265

CW:194

Goal:170

3 kids, ages 9 1/2, 6, 19 months

weight.png

[/url]

Hey everyone! My name is Kim. I am from Alabama and I'm 29 years old. I am new here and just looking for support. I'm just starting weight watchers again and giving it my all. I'm excited about starting again!

KIm

Welcome!

I'm also coming back to WW and this board after a few months hiatus. This board is the best I've found for support and encouragement. Of course, there's also a good bit of tough love here too, which I love!

Be sure to read the information for newbies and check out the different boards to find which one "fits" you best. Start posting right away so everyone can get to know you!

~Kristie~

HW 284.4 ~ CW 283.0 ~ GW 155

:bcbkickbu restarted 8/18/10

OLD SIGNATURE (2007):

HW 253.4~CW 199.4~GW 155~~~Total lost: 54.0

ONEDERLAND reached 10/15/07

Welcome to BCB, Kim. :wave: Find a home board or two and post there often for support and accountability. :salut

• HW-142 CW-118