Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Welcome Jadie~ Let me start by saying YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I have never gone to meetings, I use this board as my meetings. I determined to be brutally honest on this board. I take the kicks along with the hugs. I try my best to learn as much as I can....I stick with the program!

As long as you work the program....it will work!

Lesa

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

Jadie,

Read through the Newbie Training Manual. It has tons of motivational material for some who is not going to the meetings. Welcome to BCB. :salut

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Hello I am new to this forum. I started weight watchers again yesterday and I was thinking about when I did it before. I ended up loosing about ten pounds and then just kinda falling off the wagon. I think its because i had to go it alone and I dont get to go to meeting so i am doing this online. I am 21 and exactly 150 pounds. My doctor suggests that i loose at least 25 pounds so thats what I am shooting for. I need to be healthier especially since heart problems run in my family. So I hope that some of you can give me advice not to get discouraged. I think thats what i really need to stay motivated. Hope to hear from yall soon.

Welcome to the boards, glad to have you here :)

HW: 167

CW: 140

Goal: 125

26.2 pounds gone forever!!!:bcb_up

:wave: Hello! Welcome to the boards!

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Hello, Welcome and congrats on joining us!!! All I can tell you for now, is post often, find a home board and kep everyone posted of scale and non-scale victories, to help keep you going!! This is a GREAT group who will give you advice and get your butt back into gear!! Hope to hear from you!!

Nessa

A journey of a 1,000 miles MUST begin with a single step!!

Sw: 235.0lbs

CW: 242.lbs

GW: 170.0lbs

gbywc1.gifto BootCamp!

Find a place where you feel comfortable posting and then jump in and join the fun. Now you don't have to go it alone. You'll get plenty of support and information here. Much success to you!

:salutMT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I am new to the board, starting again on WW Flex plan, this time going to the meetings, because I can't do it alone!!!

Glad to have found this board!!!

Hey all

I just wanted to say Hi and i am glad i found this site. I am currently just starting the WW Core plan. My mom and brother have been on it for about a year and a half, I must say WoW it is amazing to see their transformation. I just need a little support to help me go a long way.

You've come to the right place! :)

WELCOME to BCB!

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

Welcome to the site. There are a lot of helpful people on here and a lot of inspirational people!!! Hope you enjoy the site and best wishes on your weight loss journey!!!

Feel free to PM me anytime you need an ear.

Height-5'9 HW-244

SW-240

CW-229/-2

GW-160

Mini goal-200 by vacation ;)!!

(29 pounds, 12 weeks to go)

Tracie :)

Hello all! I'm Miriam, I was here a while back (1970 according to my control panel LOL) and did pretty well on WW. Got pregnant so I stopped. Actually had to switch gears and start packing in the calories since I was pregnant with triplets. (4000 calories a day sounds lovely, but getting there healthily is hard!)

After my girls were born I lost a lot really quickly. I don't have a scale at home so I don't know for certain, but I was fitting into all of my pre-pregnancy skinny clothes after 6 weeks and had gained 90 pounds during the pregnancy. Then ppd kicked in and I slipped back into the old behaviors. So I rejoined WW 4 weeks ago at 257. My all-time heaviest.

I did well the first 2 weeks with 3 pounds lost each week. Felt wonderful, found it really easy to stay OP. Was ready to add some exercise into the mix. Everything was going great. Then we went on vacation to San Diego. I brought all of our food with us (we keep kosher so it was easy to avoid dining out and those pitfalls because kosher in SD is virtually non-existant.)

I took some art classes during the day so ate very lightly and then had lovely grilled fish and brown rice and fresh veggies and salad for dinner. Stayed away from the cookies and ice cream and beer that others were enjoying. Got home to a 1.8 loss for two weeks.

Now it is Tuesday and I'm totally off-program. I just feel so defeated. I know in my head that what happened is that I didn't eat enough. I know from the past and from talking with my doctor that I also didn't eat enough protein. I didn't feel super hungry and I munched pretty constantly on veggies.

So I think I need some more support and motivation to get back OP. The girls are going down for a nap soon and I'm heading out to the grocery store. Plan on stocking up on good stuff. I'm trying to decide if I should switch to flex for a couple weeks. Or just focus on making sure I'm eating very Core and being careful about measuring my flex foods.

I like Core because of the protein and it is really how I eat when I feel well and I LOATHE journaling. But I think I've become pretty lax about counting the Flex points. I guess it will depend when I make that choice whether to add some bread to my shopping cart.

Miriam, mom to three two year-olds

Newest numbers...257.6/250.4/154

Hi,

I need a buddy to help me with my weight loss. My biggest issue is evening eating. My husband was hurt in a fire seven years ago. He deals with a lot of discomfort and goes to bed VERY early. I sit by myself from seven pm until I can go to bed. Being married I do not feel right leaving him at night. He is not physically able to do more than he does. I am lonely and over the past five years have turned to food for comfort and something to do. I have put on fifty extra pounds.

If anyone reads this and can realate please help me.

I do not know what I can offer back but as time goes on I will do my best to be an asset to this group.

Gail

Corpus Christi, Texas

Hellloooo Dolly yes Helloooo Dollly :bcb_marchHurricane here today...maybe it is a sign!!! Time for me to get up and start blowing and going!! LOL

Hi Gail. My heart sure goes out to you and I will definitely be praying for you and your husband!! I don't have the same situation as you but I can all to well relate to you weight issues. I have put on 80 pounds since the birth of my first child and I am going to get it off!! Please add me to your buddy list and feel free to private message me anytime you need to vent or chat or just whatever!!! And post here anytime, there are GREAT people here that are very helpful.

Height-5'9 HW-244

SW-240

CW-229/-2

GW-160

Mini goal-200 by vacation ;)!!

(29 pounds, 12 weeks to go)

Tracie :)

Hi,

I need a buddy to help me with my weight loss. My biggest issue is evening eating. My husband was hurt in a fire seven years ago. He deals with a lot of discomfort and goes to bed VERY early. I sit by myself from seven pm until I can go to bed. Being married I do not feel right leaving him at night. He is not physically able to do more than he does. I am lonely and over the past five years have turned to food for comfort and something to do. I have put on fifty extra pounds.

If anyone reads this and can realate please help me.

I do not know what I can offer back but as time goes on I will do my best to be an asset to this group.

Gail

Corpus Christi, Texas

Hellloooo Dolly yes Helloooo Dollly :bcb_marchHurricane here today...maybe it is a sign!!! Time for me to get up and start blowing and going!! LOL

Hi Gail,

I too am married and alone most evenings. Nighttime eating has always been a problem for me, but after two weeks of being in a WW group, I'm getting it under control for the first time. I don't know if there's a trick to it, but most of all it seems to require be fully aware of what you're choosing to do. There are food alternatives - I'm on the Flex program - that are low in points. Heck, the WW ice cream treats are very satisfying and very "treaty" too! I'm also starting to drink water whenever I feel like getting food. And yes, it makes for getting up a few times after about 5 or 6 hours of sleep, but it's worth it. Every time I go to the bathroom, I imagine pounds being flushed away.

I hope that helps. And welcome. It's going to be great. I live in Florida. I know all about the hurricanes. Stay away from windows!

Jeannie

Hi Gail!

You will have lots on buddies here, and while each person's situation might be a little different, I think everyone can relate to eating out of boredom and loneliness!!! Please check out the different boards and find one that "speaks to you."

You will love it here, guarantee!

kd

Kathy

sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141

Welcome Gail! I am sorry about your situation. I cannot relate to that but can relate to being overweight.

Have you ever heard of Leslie Sansone's walking DVD's? You can do them in front of the TV in very little space. There isn't any jumping around and making alot of noise. That is what eased me into activity and gave me something to do instead of sitting in front of the TV and eating.

We want to help you and support you!

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Welcome back to the boards! Having a toddler is hard, but throw THREE into the mix? WOW!!! Maybe it would help you to utilize your crock pot (if you have one) and cook a lot of your meals in advance, or use one day during the week to have someone keep an eye on the girls while you cook and freeze an entire week's worth of meals to just pop in the oven or microwave during the weekday. The less stress it causes you, the easier it will be to maintain being OP.

:bcb_kick:

weight.png

~*Torrey*~

SW: 219

CW: 184.2

GW: 140

image.php?u=26941&type=sigpic&dateline=1208401184

As much as you loathe journaling.... since you went off program today, you need to be accountable for everything you ate. I would encourage you to sit down and journal everything you ate and figure out where you are with your points and what is left for today/this week. Also, remember that the day is not over, you can get out there and take a walk to earn activity points for today to reduce the damage.

We all struggle with this battle "one bite at a time" and you are doing the right thing by recognizing what went wrong. It is possible that you may need to switch to Flex for a bit to help with portion control and keep you accountable for journaling for a while. I personally eat a lot of core foods while on Flex, but I like the flexibility that Flex offers so that I can go out to eat with my husband on the weekend, etc. I still try to make choices for Core foods when out, but if I didn't have to journal it and be accountable for my portions I know me.... I'd overeat for sure.

Hang in there! :salut

Emma

5'1"

SW 154.0

CW 154.0

GW 125

Hello Im new to WW. i went to my first meeting today. IVe tried the fad diets and the so called quick weight loss it worked but was hard to maintain. Al little about me, I'm 33 years old , from Ohio, I work at home currently (working of getting a out of home job) I have a wonderful 9 year old son and a great fiancee..I was in a serious car accident in 1997 with a shattered femur, sternum and cracked pelvis so I have metal, rods and pins all over. I have lost and gained since then. Im currently 205 my goal is 150. Im really excited about this. Im hoping it can help me a bit since I'm really limited on my physical activity... but I just wanted to do a little intro.

Start date: 08/13/08

SW: 205

CW: 205

GW: 150

:welcome: You've found a great support system! Look around and start posting so we can get to know you!

Mel

DD Alexis born 11/04!

DS Aiden born 12/06!

weight.png