Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Welcome and congrats on taking the 1st step to a healthier you!!! This is an excellent site with a lot of wonderful and helpful people :). Be sure to post any questions and check out the forums they really are GREAT!!!

Height-5'9 HW-244

SW-240

CW-229/-2

GW-160

Mini goal-200 by vacation ;)!!

(29 pounds, 12 weeks to go)

Tracie :)

Guest kiji82

Hi there,

Welcome! Definitely this is a life changing plan if you are ready to realize that making smarter choices need to be committed decision. WW is not for those who are looking to drop 30 lbs in a month, it is a healthy life process.

Congratulations and get ready for support from this website big time.

Kim

Hi there everyone!

Some faces are still similar, others are new! I'm back...for the third time in 2-3 years I think?! My weight is at an all-time high... I have at least 50 pounds to lose. My goal would be around 70 pounds.

I'm starting Curves on Monday and I'm planning on starting WW next Monday too (just can't find my points thingy to tell me how much I should eat!). I'll try to do it on my own for the first few weeks.

I'm tired of complaining...of looking at older pictures and finding my smile to be soooo comfortable, so genuine... so happy! I want that smile back...I want that comfort back.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Chantal

Chantal :wave:

Learning to love myself everyday

5'8"

SW 241.2 (08/18/08)

CW 234.0

GW 175

1st - 2% goal - 5lbs (Sep 07/08)

2nd - 2% goal - 5lbs (Oct ?/08)

Welcome back Chantal! You can do this. Give some thought to why you went off program before and make a plan for dealing with those issues this time around. I found that I had to come to grips with the fact I will never be a person who can eat anything, in any quantity, any day, in any combination and be a healthy weight. I will always have to be aware of my food intake.

I used to whine and complain about it but that didn't earn me any activity points so I stopped that activity.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Totally - I understand what you mean!

I was tired of complaining of my situation and thought - you, only you have the power to turn this around and I know I will.

I'm starting Curves tonight too. I need both exercise & eating plan!

Yeah to me for starting today!

Chantal :wave:

Learning to love myself everyday

5'8"

SW 241.2 (08/18/08)

CW 234.0

GW 175

1st - 2% goal - 5lbs (Sep 07/08)

2nd - 2% goal - 5lbs (Oct ?/08)

Hi, I am in my second week of WW. So far, I am loving it and finding it almost too easy to do. I feel like I am a professional dieter and have finally realized I have to stop dieting and start learning how to eat healthy. My mom was a lifetime WW so I have always known it is the best, but for some reason refused to give it a try. Instead I have done almost every other fad diet known to mankind.

My latest craze was Medifast. I did Medifast 3 times and lost weight very quickly each time. You can definitely lose weight on Medifast, but there are virtually no choices and I felt like I was eating the same 5 things over and over and over. The end result was the same each and every time, I gained all the weight back after I got tired of eating the same 5 things day in and day out.

I have about 70 pounds to lose and honestly I don't even care how long it takes. I just want to lose the weight and more importantly learn how to keep it off.

I'm looking forward to getting know you guys!!

DGirl

I missed this sight along with the success that I had with ww in the past. I am starting again also, and I am looking for a buddy to help me so that I won't fall off the wagon. I tried getting my husband but he's just not ready and he thinks going to the ww meeting is not man-ly (whatever that means).

I look forward to being here again :bcb_grin, and receiving lots of love and help.

Alana :bcb_bigsm

sw 229.3

cw 229.3

gw 135

Alana:bcb_grin

SW: 232

GW: 135

"There is nothing to hard for God"

:bcb_up

Guest kiji82

Good for you for making the choice to do things the right way!:salut

You'll find lots of support here. Check out the forums by age group, from my experience people tend to write most of their daily info and questions there.

Keep to it, as I've heard so many times over here, and is so true, you can't fail unless you quit!

Kim

Welcome to BCB :wave: You have about the same amount of weight to lose as I do. I agree that WW is the best way because it teaches you how to make healthy lifestyle changes. I believe this is the only way to successfully keep the weight off. Feel free to join us in the "Goal Getters Corner". The ladies over there are all wonderful buddies.

Sheila

Sheila

Start Wt. 235.0

Current Wt. 193

WELCOME :)

I have to keep telling myself it does not matter how long, just as long and I am seeing a loss.

Kathyp

SW:

GW: 165

Goal set: 30 lb loss by June 1, 2011

weight.png

Hello to all. I am new here and I am in need of a lot of guidance. I want to lose weight; however, I have never been very disciplined. Where do I start? Thank you! :salut

Yup..I am new...been in weight watchers for the first time since Jun 16th, 2008 and lost 20.8 lbs total....it feels great. I have a long way to go tho.

So I need some guidance...someone who will include me in their group...I wanna be a groupie Haha...

Anyhow..here is a bit about me...I am a 27 year old maternity/labor & delivery nurse from Nova Scotia, Canada...I have two kiddies Matt who is 6 and Abbey who is 15 months...

My goal is to reach 140 and have a healthy lifestyle for my kids...I have about35 lbs left to go...sounds like so much...

My family's medical history isn't great, so if I didn't make the decision to lose the weight, I would be down the same diabetic, heart disease road as my parents...and grandparents....

So...if anyone reads this and wants to include me in their party, I would be honored...I usually weigh in on Wed..but becuase of work I sometimes go on Mon as well

THanks for reading

Amanda D

HW- 234lbs

SW- 195.8lbs (06/16/08)

10% goal-19 lbs down (08/13/08)

CW- 152.0 lbs

weight.png

Baby steps!

Pick one thing: water, exercise, journalling...whatever you feel you'll be most likely to do and work on that. Then when you're happy with how you are doing with that, add something else. (ie water for a few days, then water and journalling).

Build success upon success!

You can do it!

HW/SW: 253.2 (6/15/10)

CW: 195.8

WI Tuesday mornings

My goal 10,000 fitness minutes in 2011.

Plan everything...daily meals and keep a journal of everything you put in your mouth! Log in as much as possible and you will find tons of support here. We all have the same goals....to lose weight, feel better & look good!

If you like challenges, there is a Halloween challenge going on....

Kathyp

SW:

weight.png

Congratulations on your weight loss! I have been posting here for about 3 weeks & have found tons of support!

I am an ER nurse and work 12 hour shifts...so I don't usually work out on my work days.

If you like challenges, there is a Halloween challenge starting Monday. This changed my weigh in from Friday to Monday....I think it is under the 50 pound group....join in!!

Keep posting and logging on for support...

Kathyp

SW:

weight.png

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to BCB! If you haven't had the chance yet, read through the training manual. There is a ton of really useful info about the BCB philosophy that I personally find really encouraging. There are also some great recipes on this site.

The board itself is subdivided into several groups, some by age, amount to lose, etc. In most of the age group boards, there is a "daily thread" where people chat about how things are going, etc.

Poke around in different areas and just start posting so that we can get to know you.

Emma

5'1"

SW 154.0

CW 154.0

GW 125

Hey everyone. Just learned about this website at one of my ww meetings. I need some help. I am going on my sixth week and not staying motivated to stay on program. I desperately need to stay but my lifestyle seems to stay so hectic. I work full time, like many others, but when I get home I don't want to deal with adding the points. Can anyone help me out. What is your secret to staying motivated. What is the easier way to do this diet, flex or core?

Thanks everyone!

Guest Ritabanana

Personally for me, I find that I have to stop making excuses for myself - I also work fulltime and have 2 kids and when I start with the "But my life is so busy", I have to give myself a mental slap and tell myself that I have to MAKE THE TIME to count points....If I have the time to overeat, i have the time to eat healthy...I have to pick one.

That said, Another thing I find useful is planning, planning , planning....I noticed that times I have strayed were when I was tired, and had not planned....

I have a notebook that I carry around everywhere, its small, and I write down eveything...I sometimes plan a meal for myself coming home from work...in my head....or at my desk....I keep a points list in my desk drawer to consult...

Also make sure you HAVE FOOD in the house that is points friendly. I made a list of the foods I most often eat and posted points measurements for them and posted it on my fridge.....Ex. I like cereal alot, so I have figured out the points for various cereals and listed them there....

Also keep some Lean Cuisines in your freezer - for one of those "OMG, i am so tired, I have nothing to eat, don´t wanna count points" moments....They have saved me from just eating anything alot of times.

I know its hard but believe me, it is so worth it. And overtime, your body and stomach changes so that you can´t eat so much anyway.

As far as Core, I know there are people who swear by it but I need the control that the counting the points gives me...

HTH!

Rita posted some very, very good advice!

You didn't say anything about how much you want to lose, and why you want to lose it. Your motivation has to come from your own personal reasons for wanting to lose. Spend some time reading here in the various forums, and you'll likely find something that strikes a chord with you. Reading in the Core forum will help you to decide if Core is for you or not.

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

I am going on my sixth week and not staying motivated to stay on program. I desperately need to stay but my lifestyle seems to stay so hectic.

I find that on days when I am unmotivated, I remind myself that motivation is not the key to results. Performance is...

I know that sounds simplistic, but there are many things in my life I am unmotivated about. I am unmotivated to get up out of bed each morning, but the reality is there are others counting on me to do it. Kids have to be fed. Bills have to be paid. I have to work. etc. etc. etc. So, there are days that I just "do it", "get it over with" and "be done with it". (If that makes any sense.)

I always feel more motivated AFTER I accomplish the goal. (i.e. days I don't want to exercise.... I immediately feel better afterward even if only a sense of relief for being done).

Emma

5'1"

SW 154.0

CW 154.0

GW 125

Thanks Rita, Crystal, and Emma. It just seems I have a block when it comes to one of the most important things in my life, MY LIFE! I am organized in my job, in my home, etc. but I just can't seem to stay organized enough to stay on track. Your words are wonderful and I will take them to heart. I know it is about the planning and I will have to force myself to get with it! I weigh 184 and need to get down to 140, personal preference would be 130. I have been struggling for years with my weight, trying to ignore it, especially after losing my husband 9 years ago. I want to look good again and feel good again and not have to take diabetic medication, etc. I think I can get that motivation with the help of you guys, so I will be calling on y'all! I am proud of all of you who have made their goal and I earnestly want that lock and key, and many many stars.

Thanks again, you guys are great!

The other thing that really helped me that I learned on this forum is don't look at the whole week, day, etc. Look at each minute of the day. I take my choices one meal at a time. I have found it easier to look at only one meal at a time and focus on staying on plan for that one meal. Next thing you know, you've made it all day on plan. Then 2 days... Then 3 days... and it goes on and on....

I don't think it really gets "easier" as much as it does just become a habit.

Emma

5'1"

SW 154.0

CW 154.0

GW 125