Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

I went with core to avoid point counting, and am happy with the decision. As others indicated having a good supply of material to throw together a meal is vital. This site has loads of good recipies.

The crockpot has become one of my best friends as I dump the meal in it in the am and it's ready to eat 8-10 hours later. Crockpot and core seem to go together real well.

Hello all!

Orrellchick...I know it seems like an insurmountable struggle right now, but good for you for making that decision! If it all just seems overwhelming right now, then as Emma says, Take it one minute at a time, then one meal, then one day, etc. And when you have a good meal, pat yourself on the back and be proud of yourself for taking this step and being true to your goal of being healthy and getting off Meds...This is the first day of the rest of your life, it doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be true to you!!!:bcb_wink3 Give yourself a lot more credit and be your own best friend! You wouldn't beat your friend up for not being perfect, so why should you do that to yourself? I know I probably sound like Dr. Phil right now, but hey, these are things that I had to learn myself as I was starting and going along on my weightloss journey...If I can do it SO CAN YOU!!

I was feeling a bit like are just a while ago when I hit my plateau but I just picked myself up, got off my pittytrain and got back in the ring.

Good luck and I know you have it in you to be your own best friend!!:bcb_bigsm

NJ Lifer!

Hi everyone. Some of you may remember me, I started WW back in April of this year and used this site until July. I've had a lot going on in my life and have been unable to post, but I'm back! And I need the support of my "buddies" again now more than ever.

As of last night, I have lost 41 pounds on WW. Not bad considering everything that I've had going on in my life. I quit smoking on August 3rd and had an out patient surgery on August 29th. I gained about 8 pounds back between quitting, and having axiety about the surgery. It's September now, and I'm back on track. I'm not allowed to exercise for one month, or until my doctor gives me permission to. So my weight-loss is going to be strictly "diet" related. (Which that's basically what it has been all along.) But we'll see how this goes.

Wish me luck! :bcb_wink3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SW 216.8 4/4/08

CW 174.4 9/05/2008

GW 145-155

(-42.4 lbs and going strong)

Guest jill-leigh

Much luck to you!

I'm new to WW, but I have tried many things and gone back and forth. I know what it's like to being re-starting.. but I've never been this excited about it!

Well, today is my first day with weightwatchers, and my first day on this site. I am excited to start this journey.:bcb_march

I weigh 245 and my goal weight is 175.

70 pounds. It sounds overwhelming, but I know it's never going to get done if I don't start now.

SO, here I am. I've officially told people that I'm starting, so now I have a place to be accountable.

Go me! :bcbkickbu

Hi Stacey!

Welcome to BCB!!!! Browse around, find a group you like; maybe by age or interest or amount you have to lose! You will love it here, the enthusiasm and support is infectious!

But, you sound like you've got enthusiasm to spare!!! I like it!!:bcb_bravo

Kathy

Kathy

sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141

Guest roynjess

HI!!

I'm new here today too, and back to WW for the second time. I can't wait to get started here, this place is awesome!

Welcome! It helps if you find a "home board" on here and post every day. You get to know the people and we all are on this journey together.

Don't think in terms of your goal weight just now. Think small, i.e. 5 lb. increments and eventually think 10% and so on.

WW. is all about developing a healthy lifestyle that you can carry with you for life. Count your points/drink some water/get some exercise - follow the healthy 8's.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

I have been on weight watchers 12 weeks now. Only 7lbs lost. Finding I am frustrated and having troubles keeping on track. Good news is I am still not smoking!!!

I am a Mom to a wonderful 5 year old boy, and have a 13 year old step son. A supportive fiance at my side.

Well just wanted to introduce myself, and say I am finding your website helpful. I do go to the meetings every week, and so desperately want to get to my goal weight!

progress.gif

SW/199.8

CW/193

GW/140

Hello - First, congrats.on the 7 lbs. loss - well done. It's not "only 7 lbs. in 12 weeks". It's 7 lbs. of fat off your body, which your body and knees will thank you for. For every lb. loss, it's 7 lbs. of stress off the knees - our leader mentions this to us often.

If you are following the WW. plan - Flex or Core - you will lose the weight. Make sure you are planning ahead since you are a busy Mom of 2. Lots of people on here plan out their week's food consumption on the weekend so they are all set for the week. Drink some water and get some exercise and eat from the Healthy 8's.

Journal - it makes a big difference. I have my journal right on the kitchen counter and write down everything that goes in my mouth. You may not feel you have time, but do it for yourself - your worth it.

Your welcome to come here anytime. A lot of us post daily. We found a "home forum" first and post there daily - it helps because you get to know the people on the forum and you help each other with questions being answered, daily struggles, etc.

WW. is not a diet and not a race to see how fast you can lose weight. It's about a change of mindset, i.e. lifestyle change, something you can do for life to get and remain healthy for yourself. Remember all those "diets" we went on in our lifetime - "guaranteed" to make us lose 10 lbs. in 10 days - just another fantasy/money grabber in our lives. OUT WITH THEM ;).

Make sure you are eating your minimum points. Make sure you are eating enough protein. Protein keeps you full longer.

I don't eat a lot of snacky type foods that don't keep me full.

Watch out for your trigger foods. I love nuts, but nuts are high in fat. Almonds - plain ones are good for you, but just a limited amount. I just find it better not to have them period.

Watch the bread consumption. I love it too. I use the WW. bread and love the WW. bagels.

Make sure you are counting points correctly. Our leader is a lover of chicken wings (the kind where you go and get a bucket of wings - lol). One wing has 12 points - ENOUGH SAID. She has given them up completely.

If you eat a lot of frozen dinners, pay attention to the sodium content. Too much sodium is not good for a person.

Make sure you are eating breakfast, i.e. coffee/cereal/fruit. A good cereal with some fiber in helps get you through the day, or whatever you enjoy for breakfast. Just count the points if your on Flex.

Congrats. again on not smoking. I hear that's a really hard thing to give up. Keep it up.

YOU CAN DO THIS - WEIGHT LOSS IS SO WORTH IT.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

:welcome: to BCB mamaskaden and Jazzy, Congrats Mamaskaden on losing 7 pounds. This is a great place for motivation and encouragement. Feel free to join our group over in the Goal Getters Corner. New buddies are always welcome. The more the merrier :) I hope you have a great OP day. http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Sheila

Start Wt. 235.0

Current Wt. 193

I am newly back to WW as well. Tonight is my first WI since returning and I am skeptical. I think I have done okay this past week but exercise was very challenging for me and I was able to do very little because of time restraints.

Anyhow...I am Julie--wife to Robert and mother to 2 little girls (hence mommytutu...mommy to two). Anyhow...I enjoy reading here very much and am excited to be a part!

Welcome to BCB Stacy & Jess. This is a wonderful place with lots of encouragement, motivation & information. Just post as often as you can and I wish you both much success in your weight loss efforts. Feel free to join our group for daily threads in the Goal Getter's Corner.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Sheila

Start Wt. 235.0

Current Wt. 193

Guest silver6907

I'm new on here also, I just started WW this past Saturday. I need to lose 40 lbs and it seems like I will never get there. I have tried just about everything and nothing has worked so far. This is it for me, so I hope it works as well as everything I have heard. Wish me luck!!

Hi,

I wont bore you with the long story, but I have done WW in the past, and everything else for that matter but I have never tried the Core program. I dont go to meetings, I have paid so much for dieting I cant pay any more. And everytime I have, I have just skipped over the Core pages thinking..Eh - its just another lo carb diet. Today I finally sat down and read everything in the books, and went over the food lists, and I think I have stumbled on something great that might really work for me, even though it was under my nose. I need some structure to lose weight, something to follow, that allows me to have those nights of whatever treat I am craving, but not feeling like its going to blow my whole points allowance for the day despite the flex points, or leave me feeling like I have already eaten something bad may as well ditch the day and start again tomorrow. There have been to many tomorrows in my life.

On the personal side, I have begun to just loathe myself. My weight dictates my every day. Even when I work out at the gym, I feel like I am defeated. And then sabotage myself. This all has to stop. Both for my self esteem, and my health. I was diagnosed with type II diabetes last year - yes its been a year - and I know I need something that will help me to limit my carbs, and eat the correct ones when I do, but also allow for that balance that I believe we all need. My doctor told me - if I lost some weight I would not have to take the medicine or see her as much. This has led me to believe that if I make that change, not only does it have to be lifetime, but I can stop taking meds, and save some money, and be totally controlled with weight loss and exercise!!

So - I am here, hoping for some support, and hoping I can lend some - as I am not new to trying to lose weight. I want to be able to turn myself around, and not repeat the same vicious cycle I have for so long.

I guess I bored you with the long story right? LOL! Sorry! Everyone has one to some point.

Hello to all, I hope to make some great friends here, get some great advice, and do great things for myself and my body. :)

Welcome! Core is fabulous!! I love it! I can never go back to flex... :bcb_bigsm Check out the core board and the core recipe board - you'll find an amazing amount of information, support and recipe ideas (you can never starve on core!)

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Hello,

This is my 6th week on weightwatchers and I am excited to say that I have lost 12 pounds...I am already starting to feel much better. :bcb_up I am new to bootcamp buddies and am very excited to find a support group. Any guidence would be appreciated. Looking forward to meeting some new friends.

Sincerely,

Livinghealthy

Congrats on the weight loss! Isn't it exciting to be in contol! keep up the good work.

Don't get upset if some weeks the weight loss slows down--just keep on the right path.

Peggy

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

Welcome to BCB...and congrats on the weight loss! This is a great place to be for support and encouragement....looking forward to seeing you around!

Moe :salut

Hi there! not bored with your story at all....it was good see that you have found a plan that is right for you, with that attitude you will surely succeed.

WTG!!

Moe :salut

Guest qdesq

Hello and welcome, i am on flex but i think it's great that you have made a decision to take care of you. this site has loads of great ideas and encouragement. good luck with your life change.

Guest suzyA

Hi everyone:

My name is Suzy I am from Northern Utah and I have been lurking around and finally decided that it would be fun to get to know some of you. I have only been on two support boards in my life. One was after my first husband died from cancer back in 1998. I made some lifetime friends on that board and hope to find a great support and be a great support for friends on this board.

I started weight watchers in August 2008 and have been crawling along and need to get more motivated to lose about 50 pounds. When I married my second husband I was down to a good weight but slowly got bigger and bigger. I have lucked out and married two great men my first husband was a police officer and was a city boy and my second is a horse shoer and a full blown country boy. So I have have enjoyed city and country life.

I work for the Health department as a secretary/billing/client/counselor support for the substance abuse division. It is sometimes a stressful job and I tend to munch at my desk. I now have snacks that hopefully will help me with my weight loss and have band pepsi and now I have joined with you guys to get a little more support I think I am heading in the right direction!!!

I am looking forward to meeting all of you!!:salut

Suzy

Hi Suzy, if you've been lurking, you probably have an idea of how this works! Check out the different groups and find one that you feel at home in! Post often, read often so we can get to know you!

I know you'll love this place! The support is wonderful!

kd

Kathy

sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141