Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Welcome! It helps to remember that every pound gone gets you to goal instead of looking at the big picture. Progress, not perfection!

Made Lifetime - 2/8/06! :jump_jack

Highest Weight - 167 (twice, almost 3 times)

150/?/133

Lost 13 lbs doing low-sugar, low-carb and excited about the new WW plan!

See my blog at Carbzilla.

Hi Stacy, Jess, and Silver

This is a great place for encouragement and support. Check out the daily and weekly threads, they are loosely based on age, amount you have to lose, food plan, etc. (Which I just realized Kathy already mentioned! oops.) You are about to meet some teriffic people who will be more than happy to share this journey with you.

Post often so we get to know you all. You've taken the first steps, onward and downward :bcb_march

Laurie

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again. Maya Angelou

HW 274/SW 247/CW 194 :bcb_up

I am starting WW after having been gone for about 5 years from it. Things have changed. (Trying to deal with thyroid issues (making me feel very tired and unmotivated) doesn't help either) Does anybody have any good breakfast ideas that will fill you up and not take a lot of points? Also, when you are making dinner/supper do you eat the same thing as your family or are you making two meals?

Any help is appreciated.:bcb_huh:

Welcome to BCB!

For breakfast I have coffee with ff creamer - 1 pt.

And sometimes oatmeal - 3 pts. if I can handle eating that early. Or I'll have a protein bar if I worked out the night before. My friend Dena always eats a WW english muffin with one egg white and some lowfat cheese.

As far as dinner goes... I'm single and I eat alone so I eat whatever I make! lol. Seriously though, your family should eat the same things. Yours is just portioned differently. There's no reason why your family shouldn't learn to eat healthy meals with one another.

Emily

Start date: 12/4/07

weight.png

Wow.. your story is so much like mine. I Have done WW so many times I've lost count. Lost weight, gained it back over and over. Anyway, my weight definitely dictates my day. Up a pound down a pound sets my whole mood. I am going to be 46 tomorrow and going to give

WW another try. Here's to success for both of us!!

WELCOME!

Funny how things have a way of showing up at the right time!

I have not done core.... I tried to do it for a day....but I am very anal about the points so I just slipped right back into counting points.

I know you can be successful.....post often!

Lesa

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

Guest ariellasdaddy

Hey all. It's been a long time for me since I've been on this site. I started WW in March 2005, lost 60 lbs. in eight months, tried to maintain without the points, but it didn't work. Gained back about 20. So now I'm back and hoping that lightning indeed strikes twice.

By the way, if someone can PM me the printable scale, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Looking forward to joining the discussions once again. Good luck to all!

Hey all,

I am starting WW tomorrow. So excited to try it again. I had some great luck last time I did it.

This time I want to stick with it!!!!! I need to make it a lifestyle change instead of a diet.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Fran

Guest Deester_59

Hello and welcome Fran, I'm in the Chicagoland area too! :)

Dee

Hi Fran

I am from central Illinois near STL. Welcome aboard. Post often so we can get to know ya!! Good luck!!

~Crystal

180/171.8/140 -8.2 to date!!

Started again Jan 1 2009

This is my 2nd attempt at WW. The first time I lost 50lbs and kept it off for 2yrs. I will hit goal again!!!:bcbkickbu

Hi Fran.

I too am a newbie with my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow at lunchtime. I work at LSU and we're have a WW at Work club startup. I've been to WW before but really didnt have much success with it. 4 years ago I hit 200 pounds and cried for a whole week then went to LA Weight Loss and paid a small fortune for their program. I lost 40 pounds and stopped going. I started WW to try to just keep the weight off and for a while it worked.

Then my sister asked me to go to a beginners cake decorating class with her. So we went and for the last three years I have been enjoying my new hobbie but I've packed the 40 pounds back on and am now staring at 200 pounds again.

When I was going to LAWL they really stressed the exercise. I got into a habit of running for 45 minutes every morning. I felt great until my left knee decided it had had enough of that. My dr. told me to stop immediately and start walking instead. Needless to say I didnt take his advice, I stopped completely.

Anyway long story short, tomorrow is the first day of a brand new routine for me. I'm going to walk 30-45 minutes everyday, watch my point and go to my meetings and see what happens! Wish me luck and I'll keep you all posted.

Fran maybe we can support each other thru this journey.

Patti :bcb_grin

Grandmother to 6

Mom to 4

Wife to the best husband in the world!

I am kinda lost and overwhelmed about the whole weight loss idea. I have been overweight my whole life and at this time. I am 26 and so unhealthy I need a change. I want to be healthy and enjoy what life the good Lord gave me. I am so tired of failing with my weight I want to be successful at something.

I weight 297 and I have to change. But I plan to start on Sunday we have a family reunion coming up on Saturday and I don't want to blow it there. I know I can do it but I am going to have to have some help.

I am doing WW at home and not going to meetings. I can't afford it right know.

So any help and encourgement I would appreicate and also prayers.

Thanks and God Bless!!!

Guest suzyA

Hi Gracie:

I am pretty new also. It sounds like you are ready to make a lifestyle change and that is good. Don't stress or give up if you go off your points just get back on and keep trying!!

If you have any questions just post them and someone will probably have the answer and can help.

Just looking around the boards all the buddies here are pretty friendly and helpful.

Good luck and keep marching on!!!

Suzy

Hi Gracie. I know it all seems sort of overwhelming to you right now. I've lost weight so many times only to let my guard down and regain everything plus some. The only thing I can tell you that was consistent for me is to try to get some sort of exercise in every day - 7 days a week. Start slow and build up as you get stronger. Try just a short 10 or 15 minute walk around the block or around a mall. Find something you like to do that will work for you.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Patti :bcb_grin

Grandmother to 6

Mom to 4

Wife to the best husband in the world!

Guest Kris17811
:welcome: Find a board and start posting. We all help eachother, and you have come to a great place!

Guest BeanBlossom

So last week my husband found out he gained 20 pounds (almost 30 since we got married) and he's been thin his whole life, so this was a huge deal. After over a year of asking him to try weight watchers with me he's finally jumped right in - and he's succeeding! Also, one of our cousins lost 75 pounds on the program and looks great. All in all I finally woke up last week (after gaining 15 pounds in 6 weeks) and said "Today I'm Out of Excuses". I just didn't have any excuses left in me. So here I am again - and this time I need a little hard knox encouragement. No more yo-yo's. I want to be healthy and feel good about myself. I'm going to Mexico at the end of January, and although I don't think I'll lose all my weight by then, I want to at least be on the right track.

I'm doing weight watchers online so I can afford a gym membership as well, and I could use all the support I can get!

Happy losing everyone!

Guest Kris17811
:welcome: You have come to a great place for support. Find a board and start posting so we can all get to know you!

Guest BeanBlossom

Just found a great little group, thanks for the greeting!

Hey...Try the Delta Force thread...everyone does something to keep themselves accountable...I post my daily menu everyday to keep it real!!

Good luck and welcome!!:bcb_bravo

NJ Lifer!

Hello everyone!

I am new to WW and new to the forum. I went to my first meeting tuesday with hubby after deciding that we need to do something that helps us with food in our own pantry! I loved every minute and plan to go to meetings weekly until I get it down then maybe twice a month. I am excited about starting a new way of living and I am hopeful that I will not buckle under the food pressure.

Thanks for the opportunity to chart my success with you!

Oh and if you are wondering about my name its because I have no desire to be skinny I want to keep my curves an stay thick but I want to be fit!

tnf

-Angel

Quiting is no longer an option!

SW:231.2.8 2/17/10 Day 1 of new a life(again!!!)

CW:223.2

GW:160

W1 -6.0/ W2 -2.0/

weight.png

Guest BeanBlossom

Welcome! Have fun searching around. I'm new too, but I've already found some really great places to post. Enjoy!