Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Guest peaceofmind

Welcome, Welcome. Can't wait to support you in your journey!

This sounds like fun! Can never have too much support! Especially at Trick or Treating time :)

Could someone tell me how I attach the weight ticker to the bottom of my profile? Thank you!

weight.png

Hi Everyone! This is a great site! I can't believe I never happened upon it. I am going to do my grocery shopping today, and stay on track! WW is such a great program, I will try and make it "fun"!! Have a great day!:bcb_bigsm

weight.png

Hi all!!

I started weight watchers about 5 weeks ago and to date have lost 2 pounds. I feel I need extra support and someone directed me to this site. I looked in the mirror last night and sobbed. I have never in my life been the size I am now. I am 5 10 and weigh 227. Although I do hide my weight well, it is really taking a toll on me.

I have really got to get serious about this!!

I hope this is the right place.

:salut

I have only been on WW [via research online/my best friend also being on it] since 10/4/08 and I am PETRIFIED of my first WI [saturday]. I am also new to this site.

I'm aware that a gain is feedback.

I should say that since Saturday, I feel 100% better than I did when I was just schlepping around, eating whatever, and not doing any exercise.

I just hope this works because I am treating this far different than all of my halfhearted attempts to lose weight in the past.

I eat foods that I enjoy, in moderation, discover new and delicious ways to think about food, and work out on my treadmill while I watch The View that I recorded from that day while I was at work. :bcb_grin

I'm glad to be joining all of you in our unified journey to live a healthier lifestyle. Warning: I'm going to have a lot of really ridiculous questions.

Sidebar: I was driving into work this morning [one-hour commute :bcb_mad2] and I heard a McDonald's commercial on the radio for 2 Egg McMuffins for $3.33, which is an astounding deal, but in any event, rather than my past reaction to such commercials of, "oh that sounds delicious," my reaction was that of being sickened by their promotion of such a poor health decision. "Eat one right away, then savor the next!" Corporate scum.

.[ash].

:bcb_up

SW: 255 lbs. [10/04/2008]

CW: 248 lbs. [10/18/2008]

GW: 155 lbs.

weight.png

I should say that since Saturday, I feel 100% better than I did when I was just schlepping around, eating whatever, and not doing any exercise.

That is what being in charge feels like. :bcb_up

That qualifies as an NSV! (Non Scale Victory)

Well done

Welcome to BCB

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

This is the right place! You can do it! Look at all the before and afters. They are so inspiring. Whenver you feel like giving up, look over the posts on here. I guarantee you will feel stronger.

Have a great day!:bcb_smile

weight.png

Guest qdesq

Welcome this is a great site. You will definitely get some support but just a hint you are gonna have to be ready to put in the work. If you need anything there people will help you. Again welcome.

Guest BeanBlossom

Welcome! We're all here to help you, through good times and bad. Just remember that anything worth having is worth working for!...Congratulations making these first big steps towards being healthy and beating the bulge...:bcb_bravo

Hi everyone. My name is Dawn I'm 37 and very unhappy about my weight. I have a beautiful little boy and and a great husband who is also on the program and lost 5.5 lbs the first week. I want so much to succeed at this program but I am finding it hard and its only day 4. I just don't feel satisfied. Is there any one who has felt the same?

Hi Dawn,

Please hang in there! That first week is soooo tough but you will get through it. Stay here and you will find people to encourage you and give you tips on what to eat. Try to find fill up on veggies and fruit.

One thing that helped me fill up when I started was an egg omelette made with egg beaters full of tons of tomato, green pepper and onion.

Don't let your husband's weight loss take you off track. Men lose weight so much faster that it is easy to feel sorry for yourself. But just keep on chugging. Slow and steady wins the race. Please, please stick with it. It is so so worth it. :bcb_grin

Linda

HW - 170.5 (Jan 2004)

SW - 155.6

LW - 138.5 (reached in 2004)

CW - 144.4

weight.png

Dawn,

Hang in there....I agree the first week is the hardest. It really does get easier as you get used to working your plan...whether it be Flex or CORE. I was just thinking today about how I decided this time to really change my outlook and make this a lifestyle change and not a diet. You can do it....post here often it helps alot!!!! Hang in there!!!!

Cindy--5kidzmama

SW-217.5

CW-191.8

GW 160

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,

it's about learning to DANCE in the rain!"

weight.png

Glad to see you joined hang in the first couple of weeks is tough. I just started 7 weeks ago it is grtting easier and I have lost 15.5 lbs so it does work. :bcb_bravo hope to see you succeed,

Tina

Always look at the bright side of a bad situation

weight.png

Guest BeanBlossom

Hi Dawn, welcome to BCB. This is a great place to find support. Just remember that they're is only one direction in weightloss and that's forward!

My husband and I are doing the plan together as well. We were both doing points and he lost 19 pounds the first month to my 4! I was just saying on the boards this morning what a blow that's been.

The reality though is that me falling off track isn't going to make me lose any faster. So I switched to Core (which has helped a ton with the sweets cravings and the feeling full thing) and I love it!

Stay on track, post often so you get to know everyone, and I know you'll be able to do this!

I'm restarting Dawn, and I know how hard it is, but I also know how much it can pay off. I wish you all the luck in the world!

Krystle :salut

Birthday Goal (2-08-10): 285

1/02/10-291.6

Highest Weight: 363(2001)

297/291.6/135

Definately do not compare yourself to hubby - darn them but they seem to lose so much more so much faster - at least at first. If you find you're always starving on flex you can always look into core. I love love love it! I'd starve to death on flex and only eat JUNK!

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Guest healthydays

Welcome! Come here often, visit lots of threads, post often and soon you'll have the buddies and support you seek. :bcb_up

Guest healthydays

Welcome! I do flex and get plenty to eat. The key is drinking all your water, eating fruit for something sweet, and using lots of veggies. I agree with the others that the first week or two is tough until you get to know the system and also know what to eat. In the beginning lots of people make the mistake of eating low point frozen or packaged food almost exclusively. Although this works point-wise, if too many of your meals are made up of this then I think you are missing out on alot of the bulk that fills you up. Try making the WW 0 point veggie soup and keeping it on hand.

It's great that you and your hubby are doing this together. (I agree to ignore his weight-loss as you just can't compare.) But you two do have the opportunity to be very supportive of each other as each of your bodies adjusts to the new lifestyle in it's own way. You also have a great opportunity to exercise together which can be great fun.

Hope you post often.

Definately do not compare yourself to hubby - darn them but they seem to lose so much more so much faster

Its true:

At my meetings gals booed when I got rewards every week. I had to give them something to think about....

Why Men Lose Faster

We tend (not always true) to have more muscle so we burn cals more effeciently

We do not tend to have the cooking responsibilities so we are not 'tasting' for others

We do not have the hormonal challenges women have

We don't have to 'put up with' guys!

Most of us have spouses that help. So, my best advice far anyone wanting to be really successful....get a wife....it worked for me

Welcome to BCB Congrats on getting busy with your health.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Hi Dawn,

You've already received a lot of great advice, but I would also suggest that you give core a try. Core foods are more dense, thus more filling. It might be just what you need to help you stay OP and satisfied. Check out the core boards if you feel up for it- there are lots of wonderful people there, who can give you advice on how to get started.

Good luck!

:welcome:

SW and HW-198

CW-192.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest BeanBlossom

Welcome!

Post often, have fun exploring! This is a great group and you'll find tons of support.

Guest deedon63

Hellloooo There! Well, I did it. I joined WW today. Bummed a little because it wasn't actually a meeting, just a weigh in - which I didn't know. But, I'll catch an actual meeting next Tuesday for more information on the plan. Just looking through the literature, it seems CORE may be the best option for me. Since it's only DH & me at home now, I don't have picky eaters. I'm looking forward to this journey - my heart & soul are really in it this time and I am determined to get healthy!