Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Guest deedon63

My first week also! WE CAN DO IT!

Guest BeanBlossom

Welcome! I'm on week one of Core (used to be Flex) and I love it. You'll do great. Can't wait to see you around on the boards!

Guest badmoonrising

Hi everyone! I'm Sophie, I'm English, and I've been on WW for a week and a half so far. I'm 21 and I'm a student at a university in Scotland.

I wanted to find somewhere to make friends with people on WW, and to keep me on track between meetings! The official WW community seemed a bit quiet, so I had a google and found BCB.

A quick question - how much weight is it usual to lose in the first week or so? I lost two pounds last week, which I was very pleased about until I heard that the lady in front of me at the meeting lost seven and a half! I know it'll happen at my own pace, and I'm not worried, but I was just wondering.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Sophie

Guest badmoonrising

Hi! I'm even newer than you are so can't offer much advice, but.. good luck with WW and well done on the positive mindset. I look forward to seeing you around!

Sophie

A quick question - how much weight is it usual to lose in the first week or so? I lost two pounds last week, which I was very pleased about until I heard that the lady in front of me at the meeting lost seven and a half! I know it'll happen at my own pace, and I'm not worried, but I was just wondering.

You lost just the right amount. Your line mate may have had more water weight to lose than you.

Congrats on your super loss.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

I am trying to display my weight loss chart from ticker factory and i dont know how to do it, can someone guide me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks buddies,

Tina

Always look at the bright side of a bad situation

weight.png

Sure. Go to tickerfactory and create your ticker. When you are done, they will give you a bunch of codes at the bottom. Copy and Paste the one that says for use on message boards such as fertilityfriend into the signature area of your account in the user CP. Click on View Signature to see if it worked. :bcb_up

weight.png

SW: 191

CW: 162.5

GW: 160 BMI: 23.6

Even Happier GW: 150 BMI: 22.1

5'9"

Weeks doing WW at home: Restarted. Back to week 5

New here, too! Welcome & Good Luck!

weight.png

SW: 191

CW: 162.5

GW: 160 BMI: 23.6

Even Happier GW: 150 BMI: 22.1

5'9"

Weeks doing WW at home: Restarted. Back to week 5

Welcome to all our newbies. Ya'll have taken the first step, and I'm very proud of you for that. Good luck on your new life and discoveries.

Krystle :salut

Birthday Goal (2-08-10): 285

1/02/10-291.6

Highest Weight: 363(2001)

297/291.6/135

Hi, I am new to WW also. My sister went on WW last year and lost all the weight she wanted plus some, the best part is she kept the weight off for over a year. Now I am trying it and have high hopes.

What are you finding difficult the meal preparation? One thing that I am trying to be conscious of is not feeling like I am depriving myself if I don't have a cookie at my sisters or a piece of pie. I try to think of it as a choice and I can have the "whatever" if I want to but it will delay my progress. When I really need to have something in my mouth I like to suck on a fireball (you can have a whole handful for 1 point).

Just believe in yourself and remeber you can do it!

Have a great night...Go Pennstate!

Hi ladies and welcome. You've come to the right place for support!

Lorrainey - What are you having problems with? If it is snacking and nibbling, planning and journaing are good tools. Take a few minutes in the evening to outline out what you are going to eat the next day. Work in some healthy snacks along with the fruits and veggies, milks, and oils. Weighing and measuring food if you are doing flex is also key. My "eyeball" serving of broccoli is about this big -> o, while I think a serving of cheese is this big -> O. :bcb_LOL:

Lisa - Good strategy. The great thing about the program is that there isn't anything you can't eat as long as you have the points and get in all your F&V, milks, and oils first.

There are a lot of areas of interest and daily and weekly threads. Post often so we get to know you.

Laurie

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again. Maya Angelou

HW 274/SW 247/CW 194 :bcb_up

Guest healthydays

Hi Welcome to BCB. I've never heard of a meeting that was only a weigh in. I'd feel a bit cheated. I hope they didn't charge you a meeting fee. :bcb_huh: Hope you really like BCB. You can get lots of great advice & support here.

Guest healthydays

Hi Welcome! BCB is a great community of buddies. I'm sure you'll quickly find lots of support and companionship here. I know there are other students who post. Suggest you also go to the appropriate age thread where I'm sure you'll quickly make friends. Lots of us, me included, post to more than one thread here. Hope you post often. :bcb_up

Thanks for the pep talk!!!! What I am having trouble with eating junk for my points. I know that is not the way to success! I had not eaten vegies for a week and got back on that tonight and ate fish!!! :bcb_bravo

I have to get myself back on the wagon!!!

Lorrainey

Guest healthydays

One of the problems I find with junk food is that they eat up your points really fast. The other problem is that they are generally low in bulk. This is a double whammy as they don't fill you up but they can consume so many of your points that don't have many left to get full on the healthy stuff.

My advice is to initially cut out the junk and substitute something healthy. For example, if you like chocolate have a hot chocolate and sip it slowly savoring each taste. This is a good way to get one of your milks in too. If you crave something sweet have an orange. It's really sweet and also has a lot of fiber to fill you up. Want salty? Try one of the Orville Reddenbacker (sp) mini bags of popcorn for 2 points. Again, you get a lot of bulk and lots to chew on for not many points. I think you get the idea. Later on you can try adding back in a little junk when you know you can handle it without overdoing it.

If you're like me you may always have one food you just can't keep in the house. For me it's ice cream. If I want it I will eat it out because once it's in my fridge it is constantly calling me. The other stuff not so much.

I guess I am basically saying you need to think and plan in advance and then learn what works for you. Good luck!

Guest BeanBlossom

Welcome Ladies! You will find so much support here. Find a board you really like and post often.

Guest peaceofmind

Welcome, welcome. There is a lot of knowledge and support here. Take advantage. Look forward to seeing you around.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, but not new to WW. I joined in August '07 and have lost 83 pounds so far. My goal was to lose 100, but I may go all the way to "ideal" which would be 145 total loss.

There seem to be an awful lot of forums here. I'm interested in sharing tips, tricks and recipes with other Watchers.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

that is so cool!!!:bcb_bravo u rock! i will take advise from u any day... u inspire me. i have had it a little rocky the past 2 weeks and am trying to get back on. it's a frame of mind but when u let it slide a little u do what i have done the last 2 weeks.:bcb_mad: i have joined this for the extra help i need. i have lost 20 lbs total and have 59 to go. i don't want to gain it all back. i seem to have the curse of the 20s... i have lost 20 lbs 2 other times and have gained it back... i can't stop now... any advise?:bcb_confu

tennessee girl --

All I can say is stick with it and stay on plan. When I started out I would lose a bunch one week and be flat the next. Sometimes a flat week is discouraging but I told myself I'm in it for the long haul. It's not a diet -- it's the way I will live the rest of my life.

If you're on POINTS, eat all of your points. Sometimes you lose more when you eat all your points than when you try to eat less. Your body will think it's not getting enough food and hold on to those fat cells, just in case. I eat my full allotment of points and all of the bonus points, but I don't always eat my exercise points.

Also, drink lots and lots of water. It helps.

P.S. It seems that men have an easier time of it, so don't get discouraged if you don't lose as fast as we do.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

that is so cool!!!:bcb_bravo u rock! i will take advise from u any day... u inspire me. i have had it a little rocky the past 2 weeks and am trying to get back on. it's a frame of mind but when u let it slide a little u do what i have done the last 2 weeks.:bcb_mad: i have joined this for the extra help i need. i have lost 20 lbs total and have 59 to go. i don't want to gain it all back. i seem to have the curse of the 20s... i have lost 20 lbs 2 other times and have gained it back... i can't stop now... any advise?:bcb_confu

Blackbeard has some good advice! But also, try setting mini goals. In only 6 pounds, you'll be 1/3 of the way to goal! 14 pounds after that, you'll be half way there! For me, reaching Onederland (under 200 pounds) was a big one! And 5 pounds less than that, I was no longer in the overweight BMI range. The little goals give you something obtainable when the ultimate goal seems unreachable. Before you know it, that ultimate goal isn't so far away!

:bcb_LOL: Pugdad Michael :bcb_LOL:

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!

MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194025

Hi, all:

Don't know if anyone would remember me, but I was here a looong time ago. Life threw its curveballs and I came to a lot of decisions, among them to go back to meetings and do this the right way. I've lost 20 pounds on my own, but the meetings and this site are that much more disciplined for me. So here I am!

I look forward to sticking it out with all of you on this journey.

Anne

SW: 240:bcb_cry:

WWGW: 120:kickbutt:

PGW: 115:bcb_up

I'm 5'0 on a good day.

1st goal: 5%, or 228 (12 pounds)

weight.png