Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Guest healthydays
:welcome: No we don't all know each other but you WILL be surprised how quickly you can make friends here. Just jump right in wherever you see a thread that you want to join. I guarantee you will be welcome. We are all here for the same thing. We want to get and give support to each other for this journey. You are not alone. Others are where you are now or have been there in the past. Come here and talk about what is going on and how you feel. Tell us your plans and find the support you need. I personally post daily on Delta Force and often on the 100 plus board. I also always check out the newbie page. It is totally up to you where you will feel most comfortable. You can post around until you find your home(s).

Guest badmoonrising

Hello, and welcome to BCB! I'm pretty new myself, but everyone's really friendly here. Just bite the bullet, and start posting, and soon you'll get to know people.

I know weight loss is so scary, but you've taken a great first step. And if you believe you can do it, you can do it. I firmly believe that.

Also, something to consider: if you could wake up thin one day, magically, then it wouldn't mean anything. You wouldn't have learnt anything. You wouldn't really appreciate it. You'd just think 'Hey, I'm thin, I can eat anything I want!'. But by sweating and counting and concentrating and WORKING HARD, we earn our weight loss. When, finally, we've lost the weight, it'll be so amazing, and such a great reward for our hard work. And what's more, we'll really appreciate being thin, and we won't waste it. And... we'll be able to keep the weight off!

Anyway, enough philosophising for the day. Look forward to seeing you around the boards!

~ Sophie

Guest badmoonrising

Hi Skeets! Welcome aboard. I'm pretty new too, but the board's great and everyone's really helpful.

Look forward to seeing you around the site!

~ Sophie

Guest Aditswimbug

Hi! We're nice here.:)

I know just how important a welcome can be to lasting success with the board! Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself so we know how to support you? I hang out on Few to lose.:bcb_bigsm

Hey guys, I wish you all luck with your weight loss journey. I'm not able to go to meetings so I'm doing it online and just looking for some accountability! I hope everyone has a fantastic journey!

Guest Aditswimbug

Welcome to BCB! This place is all about sticking to our weight loss goals while helping each other. We are strengthened by the support of buddies and by offering advice of our own. Either way, we are held accountable. So glad you've joined us!

Hello. I am new to BCB WW and I want to know how to attach the weight loss ticker to my profile. I tried to do it but I can't see it anytime I go back into my file. Thank you.

:) Judy

weight.png

Make sure to paste it in the edit signature box.

There is a "Upload signature picture" box which can be confusing. Don't paste it there. Paste it in the big box above that.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

:bcb_smileThank you so much. I just joined last night and i am having fun learning to use BCB WW.

weight.png

If I am a new member, wouldn't my name jab1027 show up on the member list? Or is that a different membership?

weight.png

I think you have to have 5 posts before you show up on the list. Just one more to go from what I see. ;)

Joanne

Guest Aditswimbug

Well, you learn something new everyday. :) Thanks, Joanne.

And to Jab: Welcome! You're just in time to experiance our new Christmas layout. Post around, lurk, find a board or two or three or four you like and become a regular.

Hello all!

I'm new here, from Canada. :wave:

I joined WW just over 2yrs ago and have lost almost 70lbs so far.

Okay, I lost 70, gained a few, lost a few etc and have been hovering around the 70lbs loss mark for MONTHS, despite going to weekly meetings irl. (I work the program faithfully for a few weeks and lose, then follow it only loosely and gain. Ridiculous!)

I'm ready to *finally* lose the rest and get to goal, but I am feeling like I need something MORE than my irl meetings to help me make it happen, so, here I am! :bcb_up

I'm not quite sure where to begin here, though!

Welcome to BCB! Congratulations on your losses and realizing you're ready to push through to the final goals. It's easy to fall into "good enough" syndrome when you have a lot to lose. Look around and find a home board or two or more and post often. :welcome:

Joanne

It's easy to fall into "good enough" syndrome when you have a lot to lose. Look around and find a home board or two or more and post often. :welcome:

Yes! That's exactly what I've been doing. I feel okay and look okay (in comparison!), so I've been slacking in between having bursts of recommitment.

I'll look around and find a home board. Thanks!

Welcome! We're here to help! Might I suggest rigidly following the plan all the time? It seems to work better for you. "Loosely following" is next-of-kin to "Not following".

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png