Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

I am new here and have a question.I tryed to look for the answer but couldn't find it.When I am reading some posts I see all comment/posts made in response to original post.But never the original post.Can someone tell me why??

I sure hope i asked that right???

Guest BeanBlossom

Sometimes at the bottom there is the option to go to Page 1, 2, etc. Sometimes you just have to scroll through them to get to the original post. All of the original posts are at the bottom.

Guest BeanBlossom

Welcome to BCB Leah! Have fun on this amazing journey. There is so much great support here!

Guest Summer~*

Hi everyone! My name is Summer and I am new to this forum. I have been lurking some over the past few days, but I thought it would be most appropriate to start here and tell everyone HELLO! I have just recently jumped back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon, and this time, I am going to make it work. Unfortunately, it has to work this time, my liver depends on it!

First off, I am 32 years old and I am a wife and a Mom to 2 DDs, ages 6 and 10. On top of that full-time job, I am a full-time student smack in the middle of my second-year of Nursing School. I go to a very difficult school, and I have more than had my hands full. Can you say "STRESS"??? and guess what, I am a stress eater. Luckily enough, I haven't put on any poundage since I started school, but I can't seem to drop it either. I was on the Weight Watcher's program in 2006 for the first time, and I lost 30 lbs. before I "got too busy" to go to meetings. So here I am 3 years to the day later, and I weigh exactly the same that I did the day I walked into my first meeting all those years ago. Sometime back in late August/early September, I started getting sick. I chucked it up to stress, this horrible heart-attack feeling I was having, some of you may know what I am talking about, that knife in your chest and up you shoulder blades feeling...yep, GALLBLADDER. Put off going to the dr. (you'd think being in nursing school i would know better...) because well, i was just too busy, and two weeks ago I ended up in the ER. To make that long-story short, I am having my gallbladder remover on Monday because I have so many gallstones that they can't count them all. This isn't the doozy though. In the process of CT scans and ultrasounds, I have been diagnosed with Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. I am 32, and there is a thick layer of fat surrounding my swollen liver. That mortifies me more than the gallbladder issues. Luckily enough, my physician says that it doesn't look like I have any permanent liver damage YET, but if I don't do something about my weight, I am gonna. So that is the short and long of why I am here. And I why I will continue to be here for the long haul.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and I am thinking about hanging out around the slow and steady home page, because, well, I am not the fastest loser and back to the whole liver thing, I have metabolism issues...but I also really like the Christian group, which is inspirational. I am hoping that one of them will accept me as a part of their group!

Summer - Welcome to BCB! This is a great place for encouragement and support. I just graduated from Nursing School and I can honestly say I gained about 30 pounds just in Nursing School. It's very stressful and grueling, but it will be over soon. I'm in the Fit and Fab Fem's group and they are a great bunch. But just lurk around and have fun! Good luck with your weight loss.

SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150

Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

Welcome Summer, look around, choose a group, make yourself at home! You've arrived at an excellent support group, and you will do this!

kd

Kathy

sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141

Welcome :wave:and Good Luck!!!

weight.png

SW: 191

CW: 162.5

GW: 160 BMI: 23.6

Even Happier GW: 150 BMI: 22.1

5'9"

Weeks doing WW at home: Restarted. Back to week 5

Guest Linzer

Hi there. I thought I would come by and introduce myself. My name is Lindsay, I am 24 years old with 40 pounds to lose. I tried WW once several years ago but never made it past the first week. I am currently on week 8 and while I have struggled and made some poor choices I am back on track now and ready to be happy and love myself. :bcb_bigsm

Welcome Lindsay! I wish you well with your weight loss journey. Just lurk around and post often so we can get to know you!

Guest Summer~*

:welcome:

Hi Lindsay, My name is Summer and I am new here too. Welcome, and good luck with your continued weight loss!!!

Hi, I have been pretty faithful following the WW program and today will mark my fourth week into the diet. I was looking for a website that can provide me with the encouragement that I need to continue strong. I have only lost 6 lbs and just can't understand where I am going wrong... As many times as I have dieted, I know that the beginning of the diet, you lose the most during the first week due to water and you would lose 1-2 lbs every week after that. I haven't seen the scale budge for 2 weeks and I musy say, I am confused and feeling distressed!:bcb_cry:

I am trying to keep active from going to the gym and staying within my points, but I just can't seem to lose anything.... HELP!!!:bcb_confu

:welcome: ! Six pounds in one month is GREAT!! The first week losses can be bigger or smaller depending on how much extra glycogen (sugar/water) stores you have in your body. If you don't lose as much weight in the beginning, it probably means you didn't have as much excess water in your system. Or, if you're still eating high sodium foods, your body could be retaining some water.

Just stay OP. Trust the program. It works! :bcb_up

Kimberley

Camo - First off, some people lose slower than others. 6 pounds in one month is great! I am a slow loser. For the first couple of months I didn't lose hardly anything. But as I am learning each week, I have lost 4.6 in the last 2 weeks. It takes time. Also, it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. I don't like thinking of it as a diet because once people reach their goal, people can lose focus. Welcome to BCB and post often so we can get to know you better. You're already doing a great job! Keep it up.

Camom~ I sure hope your still around on the board, even if your just lurking. Our bodies can be very frustrating. We work the program, drink the water, move to the exercise and sometimes our bodies say...nope...not this week baby!

I have been following the WW program for almost 3 years. I kept track of my weekly weigh ins...and it was an eye opener and a nerve saver!

I found that my body went in cycles....I would have a good loss..between 2-3 pounds, then the next week I would have a loss of 1-2 pounds, then the third week I might stay the same, the 4th week I might stay the same or even gain....then the next week I would have a good loss again.

Once I had several months of watching the same cycle I could handle the gains better, I knew what was coming if I kept going being faithful to myself...I would be rewarded.

You can do this. Stay strong!

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

HOWDY! Girlie..sounds like you are on your way to your goal!

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

Welcome Lindsay! You can do this. It is worth all the effort.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Hang in there. If you want to provide more details on what you are eating we may be able to help you spot some areas for improvement.

Lisa

Summer, we have alot in common. I live in Virginia about 2 hours from you. I had to have my gallbladder out about 3 years ago and I had fatty liver disease. My liver profiles are normal now-YEAH!

You can do this. Remember it is for life. Make changes that you can live with forever.

Lisa

Guest GeorgiaGal

Hi everybody, hope you're all having a good Monday and starting the week off well.

I can't say that I'm a "newbie" because I used to come here daily back in 06 when I was firmly rooted in WW and successfully lost 30 lbs. I exercised a lot every day and was in really good shape as well.

HOWEVER (you knew that was coming, right?) I went back to work at a job that doesn't allow me to move around much (aesthetician/nail tech) and add to that 8+ hours a day another almost two hours of daily commute time, and you'll see how easy it was for me to pile the weight back on. I feel so ashamed and so disgusted every time I look in the mirror, and the task of getting back where I want and need to be is just so overwhelming it's easy to just put it off another day (which turns into another week, another month...).

Sooo, today is the day. I have GOT to get back to the plan and back to exercising regularly. Oh, btw, I quit my job so I will have time to try to get ahold of myself once again.

BCB was a great help to me before. I always had better luck on the Core plan, so I plan to go back to it. I could always find pretty good ideas and recipes on here and a couple of other recipe/help sites.

Hope you all have a great week,

Renee

gw:130

cw: 155.5 (ugh)

Guest GeorgiaGal

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Kimberly. May I also say that I am in total awe of your physical accomplishments! You're incredible!