Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

:welcome: Sue! This is the Newbie Guidance board where you can introduce yourself and ask some questions. There are lots of different forums/communities here so you can always take the time to look around and join in wherever you want!

When it comes to recipes, I tend to just highlight and copy the actual recipe and then paste it into a word document to print from there. I think the computer will likely always print up the entire thread (all the pages) otherwise.

As for Journals, there are a number of different journal threads around here-- I know there are ones at the 100+ to lose, 50+ to lose and some of the age groups as well. Some people just start a thread for their own journals and add to it daily.

When you open a specific thread, it should display things from the first post in that thread up until the most recent. In the communities themselves, you can click on the option at the bottom left to show newest to oldest or oldest to newest.

Kimberley

You found the newbie area :salut

Welcome.

When printing I will often do the Print Preview option under "file" on your browser tool bar. You can see how many pages there will be and look through them to see what page you actually want to print. It saves a lot of paper.

Check out the User CP at the top left of each page and look through those options and settings that you can edit.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Welcome Suebee! To change the order of the posts, you need to click on the "User CP" link in the upper left hand corner. Then, on the left side, there's an link to "Edit Options". Click that, scroll down about halfway to where it says "Thread Display Options", and select Oldest First. Then go to the bottom and click "Save Changes".

As for where to post your menus...check out the various forums and see which one suits your personality. Then just visit there daily and post your menus. You'll make friends fast!

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Hello I am new and found this on google. I need some encouragement to continue i find myself going over points and not caring until after it is done....

Welcome,

Check out the BCB Guidelines. We are intencely devoted to keeping our promises. BCB is a tough love approach. You will need to think of a plan to keep yourself safe. We can help with ideas and support.

So reach around behind you and feel for that bumpy thing that runs up the middle of your back. That is your backbone. Some think that is the repository of all of our courage. It is there to help you stand up for yourself.

Use it every day. :salut

Post any questions and we will help.

All of us are stronger than one of us alone....

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Thank you

Blackbeard, CW and Kimberley. You have been a great help.

I'll do those things you suggested.

Thanks again! :bcb_smile

SW 165

CW 154.8

GW 145

I joined WW yesterday for the ?? time. I weighed in at my heaviest at 177. I want to get to 147. I am so glad I found this support group. How do I get on a team?

I have always been the yo yo person. Eat right for 6 months pig out of six months. I decided to figure out WHY I do that. I figure I have two choices, work the program or weigh over 200 by this time next year.

I am a competitive barrel racer. I need to be physically fit.

Thank you BCB for the first day of my lifelong journey.

Happy Easter:bcb_grin

SW 177

CW 171

GW 147

I'M Worth It!!!

Welcome to the board, BeauDean! There's no trick to finding a team -- just find a group you like and start posting there. We likes newbies :-)

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Hi all,

I am new(again) I did this a few years ago, and was close to my goal weight, now I am back to were I started. I have at least 20 lbs I want to get rid of forever.

I am looking for a small group to help me, and help each other keep on track.

Others who are dedicated please.

If there are others that want to start a group, or if there is a small group please let me know.

Thanks Melissa

1st goal: 120lbs

Goal weight: 105lbs

"WHAT YOU DO TODAY, WILL MAKE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TOMMOROW. CUZ WHAT YOU DID YESTURDAY, MADE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TODAY!" --unknown:workout:

:welcome: Melissa! There are lots of great groups here so you can always just read through some of them and see where you feel most comfortable. There is a New Mothers Forum, a Canadian thread on the International Forum, the Getting Back to Goal on the Few to Lose Forum, the Delta Force on the Daily Thread, a daily thread on the Christian Forum, as well as the age forums (depending on what your age is), etc.

Kimberley

Thanks! I will search and see which place I fit in best.

"WHAT YOU DO TODAY, WILL MAKE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TOMMOROW. CUZ WHAT YOU DID YESTURDAY, MADE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TODAY!" --unknown:workout:

Kimberley gave you some awesome advice. Where ever you go, you will find the support you need. Good luck with your journey. You have a few to lose and that's great. I wish you the best of luck!

SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150

Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

Beau - I would suggest to lurk around and post in different groups until you find the group that fits you. There are so many groups to choose from so good luck with that.

I hope you're doing well thus far. Also lurk around and post in different groups. You'll find a lot of support and encouragement here!

Welcome to BCB! You've come to the right place for support and encouragement! I would find a homebase and they will keep you accountable!

Thanks Anaem3!

Guest oreonomore

Hello,

I am also returning after a year. I lost twenty pounds the first time and they are all back on. I started to last weeks ago and have lost almost five pounds. This was great support to me. Hopefully we can help each other out.

Hey oreonomore,

Sounds like we are in the same position, both have lost 20 lbs and have gained it back.

So we know its possible again.

Congrats on the 5lbs weight loss.:bcb_up

Yes this is a great support system, it helped me the first time back in 2005, allthough I went back to work after(having my son) and it just slowly came back because I thought I could do it without journalling....but then just stopped completley. I kept telling myself "Tommorow I will start; monday I will start..." that never happend.

That would be great to help each other out, we both have 20lbs to loose. Well you only have 15lbs to go now:bcb_bravo

Hi to anyone out there in mexico,particularily Chihuahua, I have struggled with my weight since my son was born 16 months ago, I would love to be interactive with other english speaking Mom's for my sake as well as playdates for my son. I'm 39 and have one child ,for any support and friendship contact me at stacetrejo_17@hotmail.com will post more info about myself later but as any mother knows any time alone is limited Bye for now

Hi everyone, I'm not exactly new but I haven't been on since '07. Durring that time I was very sucessful using the points system and working out. Since then I moved, have new roommates, and have been working in a resturante while paying for school. I'm now the heaviest I've been in my life, I feel as if I turned around and found all these pounds, but I'm looking foward to a lifestyle change. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

~Kasey~

Energy and persistence conquer all things. -B. F.