Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Thanks! She's a cutie and I appreciate her cooperation in breastfeeding for the extra points!

~Sarah~

Mom of 3!

30 Pounds To Go

I am a first time mom, and I want to shed pounds and fats after pregnancy, so am here saying hi! :bcb_bravo

Guest Kassie_I

HIIIIII !!!! and welcome!!! I am kassie Nice to meet you!!!!

:welcome: !

Your message included website links that are not endorsed by BCB. I have edited them out. Please do not replace them as spammers aren't allowed on this site. Thanks!

Kimberley

Do a search for "Salter Electronic Digital Scale" online. I was going to post you a link but as a first post I don't want anyone to think I'm shilling for some store. :) For $30 that scale will do anything you need. My sister has a glass model that is sealed. Over the long term it might be easier to keep clean. Look for a bed/bath/beyond $10 off or 20% off coupon (we get like 4 a week in the mail) and save a few bucks.

Hope that helps.

Sam

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” - E. Roosevelt

weight.png

Hi. I've recently re-started WW and I found this board surfing about. Thought I'd join and see if I can give some advice/get some advice when needed. Haven't found a home yet, I guess I'm either the 30 group or the 100+ group. Will have to read for a few more days.

My WW is what I guess would be considered old school. My wife had originally joined online WW back around 2003 and lost a bunch of weight, so I joined her and lost 80 lbs myself. Life as it often does conspired against my efforts to continue WW and we've been backsliding since. The system I know was before core (which I don't know how it works) and just before flex points. We had a set number per day, I believe mine was 40 then, and could carry up to 5 points over day to day. And there were activity points for exercise.

Two+ weeks ago I started WW again with a target of 40-50 points, figuring I'd see how many I needed to get comfortable. I've been daily between 30 and 35. I'm down ~27lbs so far. I say ~ because I was off the 400lb doctor scale by a few pounds last visit. So my numbers would be:

SW = 405

CW = 378

GW = 300

UGW = 220

Picking my GW as 300 because it is 1lb less than my previous WW weight. That's a good half a year of life change to get there, I figure I'll reassess after I hit it. Tossed in ultimate goal weight as 220 for grins. I was over 220 in high school. Hard to imagine myself at that weight.

Let's see... wrap up details about me I guess. I'm 37, male. Health good considering weight, though my doctor has been wanting me to die for a few years so he can feel good about all the doom and gloom he's been giving me. I'm 6'2" and big framed, so even when I lose a bunch of weight I'll be huge. I'm a tech by trade, so I spend a lot of hours in from of various computers.

That's about it. Hope to find a home forum soon and start contributing.

Sam

weight.png

Hey Sam - welcome to BCB!!! I've been back for a few weeks after trying this before and gaining some back. This is an awesome place for support. :bcbkickbuJust remember that any time you slip you have to own up to it and come her with a plan - no whining! :bcbkickbu We're all here to support each other through our healthy lifestyle change.

If you dig around you can get info here about the newer WW programs including Core - now Simply Filling and the Point Program (Momentum now). Including a way to calculate how many points you should eat in a day. Good luck and holler if you need something!

Juli

------------------------------------------

SW 220 CW 195 GW 140

25 pounds lost as of 8/17/09

First 10% - 8/3/09 bye, bye 22 pounds forever!!!

Hey Sam- You have definitely come to the right place. Lots of info, good inspiration and good people on here. I have seemed to fit in well with the 100+ board. The commandos to be specific. But there is nothing stopping you for visiting any of the groups on 100+ or on the 30's board.

Glad to meet you and hope you post often. So we can all get to know you!!

Sara

weight.png

:welcome: Sam! Be careful not to eat too little. Your Target should be around the 45 mark, plus 35 Weekly Points Allowance so eating only 30-35 points per day is going to put you into starvation mode. You *can* lose weight while eating all the points you've got coming to you!

Kimberley

HI Sam.

Here is the points quizz.

This will help you check your points every couple of weeks or so. Get to one meeting and learn the entire program.

Glad to have you with us.

Visit the mens Forum. There are some really good loosers there :bcb_bigsm

CW

1. Are you

female?- score 2

Male?- score 8

A nursing mom?- score 12

2. How old are you?

17-26- score 4

27-37- score 3

38-47- score 2

48-58- score 1

over 58- score 0

3.What do you weigh?

Enter the first two digits of your weight in pounds.

(for example, if you weight 199, you will add 19 to your score)

4. How tall are you?

Under 5’1- score 0

5’1-5’10- score 1

Over 5’10- score 2

5. How do you spend most of your day?

Sitting down? score 0

Occasionally sitting? score 2

Walking most of the time? score 4

Doing physically hard work most of the time? score 6

If your total is less than 18 then 18 is your number.

If your total is over 44 then 44 is your number.

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Thanks for the welcome everyone. CW - I actually found that digging through the stickies, thanks for putting it here for easy reference. I score a 49 on that chart, which = 44. Does the 35 flex Kim mentioned go with this scale?

I figured I'd just level off gradually to hitting my points but I've been eating well and not getting past 35. If I switch to some not-so-healthy foods I could certainly hit 44 (heck I didn't get this big undereating) but I didn't think it was necessary. IIRC back when I was on WW before I hit my 40 all the time plus ate exercise points regularly. But I actually moved around a bit more then.

I'll have to look into a meeting. I've never gone to one, never needed to while on the diet. I'll keep that in my pocket for potential rough spells.

Sam

weight.png

Yes, the 35 Weekly Points Allowance and Activity Points are in addition to the dailies.

If all you know is points you do not know the program yet. Counting them only is what makes it a diet. Knowing the program makes it a lifestyle, designed to sustain your losses.

Going to one meeting will get you enough info and materials to get started then we can help you with better educated questions.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Welcome Sam

There is a men's forum here now too so you might want too check it out as well.

Going to a meeting and getting the uptodate information is a great idea.

WW. is all about counting points, drinking water, eating good food and exercise, and most important of all getting the right mindset to make this a lifestyle change for 'LIFE'.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

Welcome to the best board on the 'net.

I guess I'm either the 30 group or the 100+ group.

How about the Men's group? Dude! We need ya!

though my doctor has been wanting me to die for a few years so he can feel good

Gosh, I hope that's a typo!

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Yikes! I've never posted anything like this before, but here I go! Today is my first day... I'm 41, a mom of three (10, 15, 19)... I graduated last spring with a degree in Middle Grades Educ, but haven't found a job yet... I'm a "points" girl. I have done WW a million times, but I recently have had a wake up call with a knee injury that has me humbled. My weight has finally caught up to me and I'm telling myself that I have no more time to play around. It's time to make this a priority. Ihave a beautiful, healthy daughter who needs me to be a better role model than I have been. Today... gulp... I weigh about 244. I can't believe I just put that down, but I need accountability... I need support to be able to do this. So that's me... hope to meet you soon! Beth (beegolden).

Beth in Georgia :bcb_bigsm

"A strong woman knows she has strength for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong." ~ unknown

Date Started: 7/18/09

Pounds Lost: 0

SW: 244/1st GW: 200

Guest Hearts&Flowers

Welcome Beth! You have come to the right place. Post often - you will get to know people pretty quickly that way.

Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!

Guest KellyGreen

Welcome! That is so awesome that you are striving to be a good role model for your daughter. I too have a daughter (13), and I know it's important to me to show her how you can be healthy and love your body. Good luck on your journey :salut

Hello! I am a 39 year old mom to three daughters. I have been doing WW since March but having been losing weight since January. I am down 47 pounds and counting. I have a long way to go but I am going to do it. I started out at 224 and I am down to 175 at the moment. My goal weight is 119 which one day I will reach.

WOW! I'm the other newbie today and I hope that I can take off some serious numbers as you have done. What a great inspiration you are! Have you been following the plan strictly? How do you plan your points each day? Any advice would be much appreciated!

"A strong woman knows she has strength for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong." ~ unknown

Thanks so much! I have had fun today looking around the threads and trying to set up my info. My goal is 30 points today and I've eaten everything as planned and have had a good day. Whew! Those first days are always the hardest... :bcb_worry