Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Welcome Beth! Kudos for wanting to be a better role model.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Guest Shannonm905

Hello all! I stumbled across this site in my MANY MANY journies through weightloss websites and I'm definately glad I did! I officially registered today and am slowly navigating my way through the TON of great info and postings on this site! I originally joined WW back in Feb of 2007 and ended up losing 47 lbs. However, I've sinced gained 20 of those pounds back and I want to stop the gain before it gets totally out of control as it did before! So, using my previous WW materials, I've started getting back to counting points, but since I'm not technically a WW member anymore I've been lacking the "accountability" portion of the program that served me so well before. I'm hoping to rectify that by joining this group (not to mention all the information and support there is to be had on here).

I do have a question however, how do I get that Ticker thing to attach to my postings? I made one, but is there something special I'm supposed to do to attach it to my profile?

Looking forward to being a member of this group! :)

Shannon

Guest Shannonm905

I do believe I figured it out :)

Guest Shannonm905

I live in Upper Stoney Creek. Are you in Ontario?

Hi-

I haven't been posting much lately, but wanted to let you know that I am still here and have been losing every week, slowly, but surely. I try to stay OP every day, but when I have a slip up, then I get back up and go forward again.

weight.png

SW: 173.4 (6/15/09)

CW: 164.8

1st 5%: 164.73

GW: 130

6/15-173.4

6/22-172.6

6/29-171.8

7/6- 170.8

7/13-169.0

7/20-167.2

7/27-165.2

8/3- 164.8

8/10-162.8

8/17-160.4

8/24-160.8

9/7-

9/14-

9/21-

9/28-

10/5-

10/12-

10/19-

10/26-

Is this a US forum? I am British but live on the Mediterranean Island of Cyprus so not sure this is the right place for me

:welcome: ! We've got lots of different forums here (including an International Connection forum) so just read around and jump in where you feel most comfortable!

Kimberley

Still not sure if I will get confused with 'Americanisms', the different names of food, store bought food which is not available to me here, different measurements etc. etc. Please convince me???

Those kinds of things aren't the main focus of this site-- it's more about bonding with a group over a shared goal of weight loss and healthy lifestyles. I live in Canada and can't get a lot of the products that some of the American members discuss. Also, I'm wheat, gluten & lactose intolerant and have a ton of food allergies so I can't eat any processed foods. The fact that I can't eat much of the food products that people discuss doesn't diminish my participation (as you can tell from the amount of posts I've got).

There are members here who live in countries that don't speak English and they are still able to participate!

Kimberley

Kashka - welcome. I'm from Mexico. My native langange is not English but that's still not an obstacle to me. We all share the same propose " to lose weigh and maintain". I have found some great people that encourage me to follow WW as a way of life.... I've been posting since March and I feel just wonderful! Plus I can practice me English! And learn new words! Haha!

Lily:bcb_march

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

I'm a US expat living in South Korea. I usually don't find the recipes helpful since I can rarely find the ingredients, but the support and encouragement apply to everyone.

Debbie

SW 193, CW 190

Hi guys, I am Potan and this is actually my first time in this community forum and hoping to learn a lot of things in here in the future.

Well hello my fellow WW followers :bcb_bigsm !

As you may tell from my name I'm Dutch ( and a bit of a Diva ) hence the name .

I've been following WW since 2005 , doing it on my own , no meetings .

Lost 25 kg ( 55 pounds ) in the 3 years that followed but gained the last year 10 kg ( 22 )back .

So I am startin on Sept 2 going to the meetings for the first time .

I want to lose about 30 kg (66).

Support is everything , so I found this place and joined !

Hope to meet some great people here .

Old weight (2005) was 264 , 2008 = 209 , now 224.

Goal = 154

DD

104,3/87,7/70 kg

229.5/193/154 lbs

Lost so far : 16,6 kg / 36.5

10% lost on Dec 23th !

* Live life to the fulliest ! *

Guest Hearts&Flowers

Welcome! Post often so we can get to know you.

How are you doin' guys? you can call me pauline

I am a new member of this forum and I hope I'll have the chance to interact with you all!

have a nice day!