Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Hi I am also new.

I am not attending mettings just doin it on my own so far.

Hope you get and give some support here.

Dorothy

blk-weight.png

I really need to lose weight and stay motivated. I must really try this time to stay on plan and not screw up. I can do it and will do it this time. I hope to become a regular on these boards as they are really supportive.

Starting Weight: 212

Current Weight : 212

Goal Weight: 150

weight.png

Guest SawYouWearingFlares

congrats on making the decision to do it. stay focused, work hard and come here regularly and you'll be sure to succeed. you can do it! :)

Guest Hearts&Flowers

Welcome John! Post often so we can get to know you.

:welcome: Welcome John!

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome!! I know I will enjoy my time on this board. Again, Thanks!!:bcb_bravo

Starting Weight: 212

Current Weight : 212

Goal Weight: 150

weight.png

Guest butrfngrz

Hi everyone! I am a pleasantly plump mom of two looking to get the plump out of my pleasant once and for all! :) Ever since my mid-20s I have struggled with my weight and have yo-yo'd between being pretty fit and overweight. Just a year ago I weighed 151 and was in a size 8. Now I am back up to the 170s and in a size 12/14. I am determined to win this battle! :bcbkickbu

I have a ton of WW cookbooks and have been enjoying looking through them and choosing some new recipes to try with the family. I also have a workout plan - weights 3x a week and cardio 3x on a week on different days. I consider myself a semi-pro at knowing what I should be doing and eating, but a novice at sticking with it. LOL! Looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing in your successes!

Guest Hearts&Flowers

Welcome Marti! Looking forward to getting to know you...

Guest butrfngrz

Thanks for the welcome!!

Hello all...

I'm not necessarily new here, but I dropped off of the board and the program for about a year or so. I managed to stay around the same weight though. I'm not sure why I stopped counting points but I did continue with trying to control my portions. But, I decided to get back OP around the beginning of the month... my motivation??? The fact that the iPhone has an iWatchr application and I don't have to carry around a journal to track my meals... Yes this app was the main reason I bought the iPhone... lol... but anyway, I'm back and may need some motivation from time to time...

weight.png

Welcome !

I used that app all the time too when I started. It is so easy and makes staying on track fun. Good for you for staying about the same weight !

Woodland

SW: 197 / CW: 141 / GW 135

:bcb_march One Day at a Time !!

Good Morning everyone,

I am an Australian currently living in Mauritius.

After unsuccessfully trying to join the WW online program via the Australain and the US websites beacuse I do not live in those areas I found this website which looks great.

Please can anyone tell me if there is a way to join the WW online program from other parts of the world? I have a lot of friends who have recommended the program am am feeling quite frustrated that I cannot join. It seems to me that WW would welcome members from all over the world. :bcb_confu

I would very much appreciate your advice.

Guest sodacracker

I would try e-mailing weightwatchers.com to ask about that.

Not sure why you cannot pay to join the online program. It is all computer based so they do not mail anything out.

Hi sodacracker thankyou for your suggestion, I have emailed WW USA and WW Australia and received a reply from both saying that only residents of those countries with valid credit card from those countries could join. We do not even have postal or zip codes here in Mauritius and that was a problem in itself you need one to complete an on line form. I wrote back to both saying that surely there must be something that could be done that I had a valid Australian Credit card, with a Mauritius postal address for billing and I have not received any reply. Very disappointing, being an online program it could be done from any corner of the world.

Hi CW - thanks for the welcome, this site looks like a great place for support, encouragement and friendship. I have no materials at all, there is no WW in Mauritius that I can find. I only know what friends have told me.

Please can anyone shed any light on why this system can not be accessed from anywehre in the world, we do live in the computer age :).