Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Iluvcountry..welcome! This site has helped me so much.

yes, losing weight is awesome when we need to, yet for me, the new eating habits and relationship to food is almost more important.

I went to my first meeting this past week, and though I have been on WW for 4 months, I do wish I had gone sooner. You may want to check that out.

Good luck and blessings on your journey to a healthier you!

weight.png

5'2" eyes a green :)

:welcome: Maria! Have you attended any WW meetings? If you at least go to one, you'd be able to get the program materials that have comprehensive lists. This website is a support community and doesn't have comprehensive points lists. There are websites out there that have some lists (I don't happen to have those links anymore).

Kimberley

Guest Tap Dancer

I just joined and I want to introduce myself. My name is Kelly and I live in Williamsburg, VA. :wave:

I don't know what my weight was when I decided to change my lifestyle 1½ years ago (I was afraid to know back then! LOL), but I've gone from a size 14 to a size 4. I don't belong to WW or any other group, so I hope it's okay that I became a member. I just exercise daily, watch my portion sizes, and I stop eating by 5:00 pm. I love talking about food, snacks, and fitness.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

:welcome: Kelly! Congrats on your success!! This is, however, a Weight Watchers support board so that's the framework of our community. Check out the BCB Philosophy and see if it's right for you!

Kimberley

Hello! I am so glad that I found this forum! I am a long-time WW member and have left and returned to the program a whole bunch of times. THIS time, though, will be/is different! I have lost 80 lbs so far on WW and have another 30 or so to go and am losing my sense of urgency and motivation.

It sounds like the Bootcamp approach is going to be right up my alley.

I just wanted to say HI, that I love WW and what it has done for me, and I will be just getting familiar with the site before I choose a home group. I hope I do this right!!!

Thank you for this forum!

Kira

Hello! I'm totally new to this forum. I've been on WW before several times. I need to lose at least 25 lbs this time around. My biggest challenge is the weekend. I have a really hard time staying within my points. Therefore, I'm not seeing much results. I'm looking for some motivation and support to get me through! :bcb_wink3

Guest ShrinkingKaren

Welcome to BCB. It's great to have you here.

Search this forum to find groups where you belong. The more you post here the more accountable you become. We love helping people to plan. We all struggle with weekends. When you have challenges coming up, ask for help. Your buddies here have great suggestions for surviving weekends.

Post often!

Guest Tap Dancer

Would it be okay for me to post in the "WW & Exercise" forum (to discuss exercising only) and in the "BCB's Favorite Recipes" forums?

I don't want to bother anyone since I'm not doing WW. If it's a problem, feel free to delete this account; I can always find a different community. Thanks.

Tap- This is, first and foremost, a WW forum. The posted recipes generally list out the WW points and/or if they are part of the Simply Filling technique. It is certainly not our intention to turn anyone away so if you feel comfortable contributing recipes (with WW points calculated) or discussing your exercise on that forum, go right ahead!

Kimberley

There are no posts here so I wasn't sure where to post! I was googling Weight Watchers information and came across this site.

I LOVE message boards! Just a little personal info on me...

I am new to weight watchers. I have 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. My girls are my youngest and when I became pregnant with my 3rd child (1st daughter) I gained a lot weight. Soon after having her I had my 4th child and just never lost weight. My highest weight was 238lbs! eek! I have never been overweight until this time. I am only 5'4"... SO...

In October of 2007 I tried the South Beach Diet. I lost 17lbs. YAY me... but I was always hungry. Definitely not the diet for me. I was looking for a lifestyle change. This was NOT it. Then I tried Nutrisystem. I did lost a little weight but NOT for me. Then I went on the Atkins diet. I did stick with this diet from March of 2008 until a week ago. I lost about 73lbs. YAY me! I am now 153lbs. My goal is 140lbs. I thought I could live with the low carb way of eating but I was longing for variety. In addition... I have been in a stall for about 8 months. I was beginning to feel yucky.

I have looked into WW before but felt like I would starve because I had to watch portions. I know this sounds silly... But I love to eat. Low carbing lets you eat large portions BUT is that really healthy? I starting thinking... I need to look at the big picture. Overall health. WW just seems healthier and leaves it up to you on what to eat.

I have several friends that have been successful on WW. SO I starting researching and reading about how the diet works. Whoever thought up the points system is a genious!! It makes it so easy. I subscribe to WW online and decided to sign up for 3 months. I have been tracking everything and I am amazed at everything I get to eat. I choose wisely!

Anyway... thats me (short version LOL). I am really happy to have found this message board. Its what I need.

Those last few pounds are hard to get off. But I will do it!:bcb_grin

:welcome:

This is a great place to start posting. But, take some time to look around the board and read the posts. You'll probably find a board that feels like home. We have boards based on age, how much you have to lose, etc. You can post on as many boards as you like.

The Daily Thread board is also a good place to post to get a feel of the boards.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thank you! I have been browsing... very very good information. I love the post about how scales lie. It really puts things in perspective! :bcb_wink3

I originally signed up here in 2006, mostly for the great recipes! Well, I'm back again and from looking at my signature then, I'm 10 lbs heavier now than when I started then.

So, being sick of the dieting yo-yo and my weight, I'm ready to make some life changes. This time it will hopefully be easier with DH willing to do this with me this time.

Good luck to all of you and see you around here. :salut

SW/191 CW/191 GW/160 :wave:

Hello,

I am 36 year old female living in Ontario Canada and I am going to be starting WW this week (very nervous with seeing that beginning weight). I am looking for a buddy on here as well as some support. Where should I start? I read the beginner thread...

Hi Sassyfreckles!

First, welcome to Bootcamp! This is one of the best places on the internet for WW support!

Where should you start? Well, check around the different groups: you can join by interest, by age, or by amount of weight you have to lose. And by "join," I mean just join in--you do this simply by posting. Read around a bit, and see where you think you might be comfy.

I post in 100 + because that's how much I had to lose when I started, and I felt I had a lot in common with those folks. But every group is great!

Again, welcome!

kd

Kathy

sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141

Greetings Everyone :salut:

This is my 3rd time joining WW with success in the past. My heighest weight was 296lbs down to 228lbs and now I find myself at 286lbs. Very disheartening. It was as though when I started to gain the weight, knowing I had lost quite a significant amount, I gave up. I kept focusing on the past success and the thought of starting all over again was so discouraging I had a very difficult time sticking to the WW plan. I'm happy to report after approximately four restarts in the past year - only lasting a day - I have been OP for almost a week now. It's like I lost the will to try knowing I would be starting all over again.

I am made a decision not to weigh myself weekly. I am going to weigh myself monthly. I don't know if any people weigh-in monthly but I feel this would be most beneficial to me.

So here I am - again. Hopefully for the last time. I'm doing this without attending meetings as I have no time with a very busy work schedule. I will be taking much inspiration & encouragement from all the beautiful people on this site.

It's a good feeling to be back.

:bcb_bigsm

Paula

willpowerdust.gif