Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

:welcome: ! I weighed in monthly for the first year when I recommitted a couple of years ago. I had so much weight to lose that I couldn't possibly do it in a year anyway. Why get upset with daily/weekly weigh ins? Just trust the program and you *will* lose the weight!! :bcb_up

Kimberley

Browndog, welcome to Bootcamp! You might want to check out the 100+ club, that's where I hang out. It's a great group! But all the groups are great! You arrived at one of the most helpful WW sites on the web!

kd

Kathy

sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to be back on weight watchers! I just got off the low carb merry go round and while yes I did lose weight ( and all in my tummy..hooray!) I had headaches and was craving bread,fruit,rice..basically all the forbidden foods I wasn't allowed(bummer).

So, I'm so happy to be back and having all the things I wasn't allowed but I have one question: why do I lose weight in my tummy when I cut out all those foods? and why

did I have such bad headaches? okay that's two questions but anyone know why?

thanks!

sweetmel

Welcome back! I'm not sure about your questions, but I just wanted to say if you need a buddy or someone to talk too, I'm here! Good luck on your journey!

Krystle :salut

Birthday Goal (2-08-10): 285

1/02/10-291.6

Highest Weight: 363(2001)

297/291.6/135

I agree! Come on over to the 100+! They are a great bunch of people. Well this site is made up of a great bunch of people! Monthly WI's are great. I do attend the meetings because I need the disapline. I'm so happy you have come back! We all are here for you. God Bless.

1/02/10-291.6

297/291.6/135

I'm 35 living in NC......but hey welcome!!!! That first number is just that, a number. We ALL had to go through what you are going through and remember its not where you start but that you start and where you end up! You can do this, I have faith in us all! God Bless

1/02/10-291.6

297/291.6/135

:welcome: ! You lost weight in your belly as that's where the glycogen/sugar is stored. Extra weight in the belly is an indicator of potential insulin resistance (diabetes). Without any carbs/sugar in the body, the glycogen stores are dumped first and then the body moves on to fat/muscle to burn as fuel.

Headaches can be caused by a number of things-- if you were on the low-carb diet briefly, you'd get headaches from detox. If you were on longer, it most likely was a blood sugar issue. The body *needs* to have carbs (whole grain, fruits, etc) to burn as fuel. Without that, the body basically has to feed off itself wherever it can (muscle as much as fat). When blood sugar levels are high or low, it can cause headaches. You could also have headaches from dehydration, especially if you weren't getting enough vegetables. Meat/cheese tends to be more salty. Finally, you could have some low-carb sensitivities. I'm allergic to milk and some meats (like pork) so eating a lot of the same meats or dairy would give me migraines.

Kimberley

Thanks everyone, and thank you KimberleyW!

I've been off and on for the past 2 months and am glad to finally get off! I tell ya' banana's never tasted so good! :D

I just rejoined this past saturday at my lowers weight in a while all due to the low carbing. I'm just hoping to segueway from low carb to filling foods smoothly. I'm

going to the supermarket tonight to buy some apples,oatmeal,low fat milk and

my favorite morning starfarm spicy chikn patties! oh, and of course fage 0% yogurt.

This is my first time to post to this site. I have been trying to lose weight for a few months now. I don't know quite how to get gone where it will really count.

So if anyone has and good ideas for me please let me know. Help! :bcb_smile:bcb_smile

:welcome: !

The best advice I can give is to follow the program (it works) and to try to exercise a bit more tomorrow than you did today (repeat daily!).

Kimberley

One step at a time. You have done great just by posting here. Hope you have a great day and successful one.:bcb_march

1/02/10-291.6

297/291.6/135

Hi, I'm Laura and new to the forum. Just joined a WW at Work program last Monday and I'm actually looking forward to my 2nd weigh in, crazy as that sounds, I feel like I'm losing weight already, but scared to check here at home.

This is my first real diet and this first week has been an incredible eye opener! I can't believe some of the foods that are so high in points and I thought before that I was eating light! (tuna salad sandwich for example)

I'm trying to figure out where to go - do most people join their age group forum?

Laura

joined WW 10/12/09

start weight: 152

current weight: 142

:welcome: Just look around the different forums and see where you feel more comfortable. You can do it by age, weight loss goal, etc. Many of us post on multiple different forums!

Kimberley

Welcome to the forums Laura!

It's always exciting to be so motivated. I look forward to my WI nights too.

You can post just about anywhere. Just browse around and see where looks best to you.

:salut

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

So today starts week 2 and although I feel like my clothes are not as tight.. I have not weighed....

I realized something this morning... I do not know why but for some reason I was telling myself that all the "100 calorie" snack packs are only 1 point... HOLY COW was I wrong... If I went back and recalcuated last week I bet I would be over my points EVERY DAY!!!

Woooooopps.. I wont make that mistake again..

Michelle

:welcome:. Sometimes I get very nervous about WI, but then its great to hear about the excitment. you Go girl!

1/02/10-291.6

297/291.6/135

Guest ShrinkingKaren

Welcome. I can't wait to hear how your first WI goes. Glad to hear you're excited about the program.

Search the various forums here and see where you feel like you fit in. The age groups are a great place to start.

It is amazing to find out what foods are much higher than you expected but there are also plenty of delicious low-point foods that you will discover as well.

Guest ShrinkingKaren

Welcome! We all mis-calculate from time to time. You sure won't do it again though!

Post often so we can help you out.

Today is my first day of using Bootcamp Buddies. I am hoping that I will get the moral support needed to continue on my dieting path. I have started many diets in the past, but I just can't seem to keep myself on the right track. I really hope that I have finally found that extra something to keep me going.