Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

You are so smart to start now. Those that wait until after the holidays will have just that much extra to lose. Best wishes. Lillie

thanks to everyone! I know it will be tough with the holidays coming and I love to eat everything! Can only do the best I can do and hope for for the best.

I think half the battle for the holidays is getting in the good stuff. If you eat the 5 fruit/veg I'm just not that hungry for stuff I shouldn't have.

Good Morning,

Not sure exactly where I should introduce myself, so will do it here. I am 47, disabled, sahm, with about 70 lbs to lose. I have all of the information for the stay at home program. It is a few years old, but I know that it works. Using that material I had lost all of the weight, but like others, I tried to do it by myself and got back to my original weight. I am back again and will do it again.

Thank you for having this forum and I can't wait to get to know all of you.

Hugs,

Littlesis :salut

Hugs,

Littlesis

SW-188.8 lbs on Jan. 1,2010

CW-178.6 lbs

GW-125 lbs

Good Morning,

My name is Gerri. After loosing 20 lbs on Medical Weight Loss Clinic diet, and spending a fortune last year,

I got a life altering health scare, got discouraged & got off track & gained it back.( That was easy)

Now, I am feeling better & want to try a safer way. I joined WW and am looking forward to

loosing weight, and eating healthy. I don't want to fail again, so I was looking for a support

group and found this great site. I would like to be supportive to others as well.

I need to loose about 30 lbs, but am going to concentrate on the first 10 as a short term goal.

I am a 53 yr old female living in Michigan, Married, no children, 2 cats.

So as the saying go's, "This is the first day of the rest of my life!!"

Welcome Littlesis,

I've just returned to WW and have about 50 to lose! We can do it.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Gerri, welcome to WW & BCB,

Join us over in the Fit & Sexy 50s group. Very supportive group of buddies.

Grainne

weight.png

Hi my name is Sam, I'm a 26 year old guy. I'm new to the forum. I've been off-and-on weight watchers for about 5 years now or so. I have a problem with yo-yoing though. I lose the weight and then gain it all back plus an extra two pounds, so I like take 25 steps forward and 27 steps back! My ultimate goal weight is 200 pounds, and then I want to maintain that- for life! (I'm 237 right now, started WW again at 244)

So any tips to keep myself committed for life would be appreciated although I really know what I have to do I just have to 'do it.' I do have some specific questions regarding body sculpting though.... I don't know if anybody will be able to help, but my question is:

How do you get a specific type of body u want? I think when people look 'too nice' like ken dolls or barbie dolls that actually isn't attractive. I am making the changes for my health, not aesthetic appearance, but I would like to look nice like everybody else, so does anybody know a website that can teach me how to get a specific type of body, what u have to do *exactly* to get that? I already understand weight watchers pretty well, but I want as much information as possible. I've already been exercising, aerobics and brisk walking.

I understand the generalities very well but I am a total noob when it comes to specifics. If you can help me, thank you so much!

:welcome: Sam! It's really hard to do specific toning. You can exercise the muscle groups you want to enhance (abs and arms) but you also need to do cardio for fat-burning all over!

Kimberley

Guest Eileen7316

Try this site:

http://www.nowloss.com

It's all free and run by a guy who is a personal trainer and works for the YMCA in Boston.

Yeah it seems kind of time consuming to make your body exactly the way you want it, most important thing is to get all this fat off my belly, I look like I'm pregnant!!! And I figure the more into it I get , the more energy I will have to start being specific.

But do you really have to not have processed foods? I've been lurking and reading a lot of threads about that. I've been counting the points for everything, I try to have all the food groups every day (milk, whole grains, lean meats, fruits and veggies) I've been eating slightly less processed foods, but it is hard for me to get rid of them altogether. What are the specific benefits of quitting processed foods? And if I cut back, is that good enough?

(NO fast food for me only cause that stuff is loaded with points!)

I've quit drinking soda and eating most sweets too, because I just do not have the points in the day to consume empty calories. I have to save them for real food.

Processed foods have a lot of sodium and chemicals to make them last longer. I'm working on cutting out soda and eating healthier. I'm working at getting more of the good health guidelines into my diet and slowly seeing results from it.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums//showthread.php?194705-Interested-vs-Committed This thread has a great list to fill out to stay committed.

Good luck.

I think that was exactly my problem. I was just interested in losing weight and I gave up when things got hard. But now I'm committed, woohoo.

Welcome to BCB, Sam,

Have you checked out the Men on WW site here? CW usually welcomes all the newbies and he moderates that site. I think some of the guys there might be better able to guide you along on toning the male body while doing WW.

Grainne

weight.png

Sam - The trick is that you have to make changes to your life, and they have to be permanent changes. Too many people adopt the attitude that they'll do X, Y and Z, "just until I get to where I want to be" and then they can stop. When you stop, your body goes back to where it was. Don't do anything to lose weight that you're not willing to do for the rest of your life.

And come visit us in Men on WW!

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Great slideshow, Blackbeard.....great inspiration for Sam.

Grainne

weight.png